Cats wax Pacers

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Griffin, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

Final Score: Pacers 90 Bobcats 122

http://www.nba.com/games/20051116/INDCHA/boxscore.html

Conventional wisdom has the Pacers among the league's elite. They are counted among the 4 legit title contenders in the NBA.

But is it time to wonder about the conventional wisdom?

Who's watched the Pacers play this season? I have, and I've observed an underwhelming basketball team that lacks quality decision-making abilities. They don't know who their #1 PG is, they don't have any size, they question JO as their go-to guy, and there's even some grumbling about Cola's offensive scheme coming from PacerNation.

So?

Is this team a Title Contender? Or is this team even the 2nd best team in the Central? What makes them any better than Cleveland or Milwaukee?
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I thought the Pacemakers would be mightier than this. I read an article about how JO is basically walking wounded 10 games into the season because he is playing heavy minutes at the 5. Apparently the guy is so messed up any other player in his situation would be out.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds...
  3. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Indy crushed

Kareem Rush (go Mizzou grad!) had an unbelievable shooting night.
  4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Wise words

From the IndyStar board: "No championship team should get smashed by the Bobcats. Totally inexcusable."

I don't think "championship team" should ever be used in reference to the Pacers even if it is a hypothetical. That's really what is inexcusable.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ouch

I didn't realize the Pacers suck that bad, but I guess that they do. Charlotte played Detroit tough last year, but the Stones wouldn't let themselves get flat out embarrassed.
  6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

They've been riddled with injuries that they're still trying to gel the team. Its like still playing preseason ball.
  7. Griffin

Griffin First Round Draft Pick

The Pacers are ALWAYS dealing with injuries. This is no longer a minor hinderance...this is a real problem. They can never expect to be great if they can't get healthy. Seriously, what's going on here? It's weird.

And about the preseason ball comment. I don't know if I buy that. They're adjusting to a few new bench guys. Otherwise, it's the same guys minus Reggie.

Wasn't this team supposed to charge out of the gate, determined to right the wrongs of last season? Aren't they supposed to be fired up and focused, united in the march for justice?

I think they're missing Reggie big time. This team needs a new leader to emerge, and I'm here to tell you it won't be Jermaine O'Neal or Ron Artest.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

late in the summer a little bit before pre-season started i knew since they lost reggie it would be huge. not because of his game the guy is already in his 40's but because of his leadership, and experience. JO and Tinsley can't be the leaders unless they find a way to stay healthy, and you definently don't need a leader in stephen jackson or ron artest. so whos left sarjar? no way the guy is a rookie and it is much harder to play here than in europe for his style of play. the pacers have a problem with finding 1 leader while the pistons havbe 5 or 6 leaders on their team. man its great to be a pistons fan.

i never new felton would do great i left him on my bench on my fantasy team.:ohwell:
  9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

And to think they called us paper Champions. Seems funny they would say that since they have not won anything.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Complete Article
  11. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I think the leadership thing is definately a problem in Pacerville. Didn't these guy's have shouting matches in the locker pointing fingers at each other after loses? The Pacers will not make it to the next level until they stop the excuses and the talk go. Do your talking on the court with wins. Until then you are a wanna be.
  12. detteam

detteam All-Star

At least JO stepped up with his comments, showed some heart, and told it like it is.

Carlisle's comment sounded like a blame-spreading bail-out. I bet he doesn't sleep well of late.