1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Cavs land Damon Jones

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Sep 7, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

He just signed a 4 year deal for 16M
    He'll be competing with Eric Snow for the starting position
    Guess the Heat cooled on Jones :ohwell:

2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

hmmm...

Miami will miss his 3 point presence. Especially since they didnt pick up Finley. Looks like you can expect Walker and Williams to chuck them up from now on. I see a new arena getting built with all of those bricks in Miami's future. ouch!

3. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Dj

That's not a bad payday for DJ.

No doubt that He's definitely going to miss jacking up all those wide open 3's, although Big Z should get him his share of good looks. He should be able to beat out Snow for the starting gig. I don't think there's much left in Eric's tank.

I guess that leaves Miami with a shortage of long range shooters. Not a bad deal if you're a Piston fan. I can't wait to watch them boys implode this season. It should be fun for the whole family.:laugh:

4. MotownPride

one step closer to old coach

yeah...looks like Larry may get one of his fave players (Snow) sooner than later.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Don't underestimate Snow. He's paid well and will get plenty of PT. The new Cavs coach is a defense oriented cat. Snow will be his Lindsey Hunter.

Damon Jones couldn't defend a bar stool.

6. MotownPride

True.

LMAO! yeah, we saw how successfull his defense was against the Pistons. non-existent. When Wade wasn't bringing the ball up the court they struggled. Their relentless pursuit for a point guard all summer ie. Jaric, makes me think they may have soured on Snow. Should be an interesting battle especially since they have committed to Damon for 4 years. WOW!

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Jones

I'm glad Jones isn't returning to the Heat, but that just means that they'll have their full mid level exception to spend on Spree.

Personally, I can't stand either of them.

Talk about a team full of egos. I can't wait to watch them implode.

8. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Damon was a big part of their regular season wins. Cavaliers are gonna have a decent team this year.

9. ovee99

ovee99 Second Round Draft Pick

Pistons Leftovers

Hey if other teams in the league keep snatching up our leftovers, we'll be hosting the Finals in '06!! :pray: Damon Jones is a scrub.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Shaq has to be the biggest idiot ever.

I guess he had to take it? By all accounts, Miami would not even make him an offer that was close to his value. This is the same Damon Jones that has taken the most difficult possible route to and through the NBA.

I guess when you take a $30 million to $25 million a year paycut, a $4 million a year seems small, but Snaq has no perspective on guys who weren't born with his physical attributes and actually treat playing ball as a trade and career. Guys who practice and workout. Guys who kiss butt to stay with teams and wait weeks and months to get offered a contract when they are free agents.

I will enjoy watching the Heat get eliminated in next year's playoffs.

Good for Damon Jones. Maybe the Cavs will be the team to eliminate them.

11. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Damon Jones went to the best "TEAM". He will get his media attention, because the Heat coverage will always mention how his 3 point shooting is missed. The dude wanted a home and he got it. Shaq even said that he was the only person that could bring Payton a ring. If I was gary, that would have turned me off. They Cav's have done a great job this off season and I am looking for Damon to be a large part of their success.