CB and Dice for AI

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Delfino Delivers, Nov 3, 2008.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I disagree. Stuck did very well filling in for CB last year and more than held his own in the playoffs.

That's not to say that Suckey will start, but I think that he could start if called upon.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Why is AI not a point guard?

Edit:
    I guess he is now.
    New Piston Iverson to start at point guard - UPI.com

So, Stuck coming off the bench at PG and Tay still starting? I like it.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dyess:
    West just got tougher, and Spurs may gain

4. .wolfpack

.wolfpack Second Round Draft Pick

I like this trade. Renewed interest in this season, proven HOF scorer, emergence of Rodney Stuckey, and cap space for the future. Joe, Marry me.

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

DIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying: :hurt: :Cry: :smash:

6. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I can't believe that there are honestly some people in this forum that believe we would have had a shot at the title with CB. I highly doubt this. There are too many teams that are better than the Pistons and the team hasn't been improved from last season. So, without a wonder, the Pistons would never have gotten the ship. That shake- up has been necessery for long and will only do good- short and long term.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Of course we had a shot at it. Nobody thought we had a chance in '04 and we dominated the Finals.

I'd put our odds before at about 15-20%. Now, it would take 10 to 1 odds to get me to bet on it.

I'm still very hopeful, but I really think we're going to lose some of our confidence in the team's chances when we see some sloppy end-game play against good teams coming up. If I'm wrong, then that would be fantastic.

And if I'm right, it still doesn't mean it was a bad trade. We won't know until 2010.

8. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Maybe Rip's seeing the signs of change and wanted to make sure he got a new contract before he gets shipped to a non-contending situation.

9. max

max All-Star

Maybe but I don't think anyone can question Rips desire to win. Or can they?

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

IMO, we had a much better chance w/ CB than AI. I hope i have to eat my words, but Iverson is a defensive liability with a penchant for playing by himself.

11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

the chances may would have been better, I wouldn't question that. Still, I'm not sure about it.
    But I remember the Pistons losing in the last 3 years against Miami, Cleveland and Boston and none of this series was close. The Pistons are rock- solid, but the jumpshots- only style of play has always come to and end in the playoffs. With AI, the team finally has a slasher with real format and who gets respect by the refs (Stuckey doesn't yet). That could make the team better since there was a real lack of someone who penetrated into the zone. I'm excited because some days ago I had assumed that this would be another 50+ season that ends in the conference finals because the Celts or the Cavs put the team on hold.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Flip Saunders = Playoff disappointments.
    Chauncey Billups + good coach = Finals MVP

AI + good coach = NBA finals...

Not sure where I'm going with this. Hoping MC > LB and AI > CB + AM I guess.

13. max

max All-Star

No Ben no title with that core - time to move on. Thats my opinion.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, he was a monster that year. Most of my memories of the series against the Lakers are of Ben making plays.

15. max

max All-Star

Yea I thought he was the real MVP but they sway that according to offensive stats. But hey, CB got to pick on Garry Payton that series. He did play great and will be missed.

I felt as though we have been lacking that emotional leader, you know the kind of leadership that has to come from a player. Hopefully AI will provide that now. As Dumars said this team lost the hunger to win. I don't know if a coach, even a great one, can replace that.

16. linwood

linwood All-Star

I've watched quite a few Denver games over the last two years, and even saw them in person twice. I disagree with your assessment of AI. I would call him a super talented, hard working player who annoys point guards on defense and creates opportunities for other players. Denver has alot of talent, but IMO seldom really plays as a team. I blame GK.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I still believe that Ben cleanly blocked Shaq on every single foul call in the Finals.

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Well let's hope your right, and i'm wrong.

edited to add;
    Oddly, CLE players seem happy about the trade.

19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, but CLE fans seem scared that we may now be at or near the top in the LBJ sweepstakes.

20. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

AWESOME.

For you Pistons fans who think the sky is falling, this move it MUCH bigger than this year. I'm not talking Lebron necessarily, but maybe even TWO semi-huge FA signings.

Those moping Pistons need to get over it too, especially Sheed, who probably knows that he's next. They were already put on notice in June.
    Its not like he's Melo. The man plays his heart out. I DO question his ability to man up on defense however.

Its going to be a raw, sticky situation, ESPECIALLY at first, and it may not make us a championship team, but damn it is refreshing. This is definetely the swift kick in the butt that I needed this season.

We lost that Game 6 not because of defense. We lost because we had 4-5 playmakers and no one who could create or finish a shot. No alpha-dog and 5 sidekicks.

"15 to 20 games before we see some consistancy?" Get the hell outt here with that talk. We're 3-0, Chauncey.