Celtics Hype

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Dec 2, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Personally, I think it will come down to Tashawn. :)

3. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

And he better play more "inspired" then he has these last two games. Otherwise it will come down to garbage time.

4. buddahfan

Personally I think it will come down to the officiating.

I expect 2 of our starters to have to sit early in the 1st quarter with 2 fouls.

I also expect that we will get at least one technical and maybe even more, with one coming in the 4th quarter, especially if the game is close.

In spite of that we can still beat them depending.....

:hoops:

5. buddahfan

Click on the link to read the Yahoo preview of our game against the Celtics tonight.

The whole article is about the Celtics and how great they are and the author manages to squeeze in three sentences about us, two at the very end of the article. (How lovely nice of him/her).

This is supposed to be a fair unbiased game preview not a praise the Celtics to heaven story, but that is what it is. Just another of the too many articles hyping the Celtics.

NBA - Detroit Pistons/Boston Celtics Preview Wednesday December 19, 2007 - Yahoo! Sports

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well we won despite it coming down to TaShawn, but I guess holding Pierce to 11 points should count for something......All we had to do was hold one of their big three down and we took out their leading scorer in Pierce. Next time we need to contain Allen too, just so it won't be so close:nod:

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Well guys, I did everything I could to make sure that we pulled it out. My keys to victory were:
    • screaming "NO!!!" every time Sheed jacked up a 3-pointer (the anti-jinx that I have become accustomed to applying) and then acting like I did it for the anti-jinx after most of them went in so that everyone else in the room knew that I wasn't doubting Sheed for real. It's complicated.
    • Waiving my hand at the refs like Sheed does after every bad call, then rewinding and watching in slow mo to prove to myself that we got ripped off
    • Making fun of Saunders for talking about how the team wasn't making shots and needs to make more shots every time they showed him in the huddle.
    Mainly though, just making sure that I was comfortable and emotionally ready for a loss.

8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I wonder if Saunders just gives everyone that line so that nobody really knows what is being talked about in the huddle and during the half-time break?

9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound:

We had better give you the game ball, TaS.

I KNEW it would come down to you!!! Way to pull out that win. You are Mr. Clutch.

10. buddahfan

Even after last night, if you want to read how great ?? the Celtics are you don't have to read ESPN or the Boston Globe, you can just read your local friendly Detroit Free Press, who was kind enough to link two articles from the Boston sports media on the FREEP basketball page. They did the same thing in the playoff series with the Cavs last year.

In fact I am surprised that the FREEP even had an article by a Pistons columnist talking about the Pistons and not the Celtics.

I think the sports editor of the FREEP has a few screws loose.

Detroit Free Press - www.freep.com - Pistons

11. buddahfan

Here is more Celtics BS.

This Buffalo chips is compliments of Adrian Wojnarowski.

Revamped Celtics bring out best in Pistons - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Actually that Wojnarowski article seems pretty fair to me. He's saying that the Celtics will get the hype during regular season no matter what the Pistons do, which certainly sounds like an accurate prediction. And having a top rival in the same conference can only be good for us, as demonstrated by the old familiar lockdown D in the 4th quarter that we so often lament not seeing anymore. The East kind of blew last year, with everyone handing the finals to us on a platter, and look how that turned out.

13. buddahfan

The fact that he attacks Dr. D. by saying that he doesn't have front runner DNA. What kind of BS is that?

It is way condescending to say that "The Pistons, who have been in the ECF, have legitimate match ups with the Celtics", who have been in the toilet the last five years. It should be the other way around.

You consider the statement "This promises to be the Celtics season" as fair an unbiased reporting, especially after we just beat them in Boston and have a better record against Eastern Conf teams than they do?

"No one has ever wanted the Pistons on these things". Yea go ahead and knock the team that just beat your beloved Celtics by writing that garbage.

"Boston always brought out the competition within him" As if being competitive was absent if he didn't play the Celtics. Tripe garbage.

The whole article in my opinion is garbage.

It seems to many that a lot of Pistons fans are so used to the Pistons being treated like garbage by the national media that they not only accept it as a Fait accompli or fact of life but have rationalized it to such a great extent that they actually think it is a good thing for the Pistons to be hated by the national media. To all of that I say baloney.

It is never a good thing for people to slam you, with the possible exception of someone who cares about you and believe me the national media doesn't care about the Pistons, other than wanting them to go away.

In my opinion

14. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    You know what I say? They can have all the hype, and Pistons will take the success.

15. buddahfan

Hollinger's rating system still has the ESPN Green on top, with us 2nd and the Lakers? third.

Here is part of his comment about us.

ESPN - 2007-2008 Hollinger Power Rankings

16. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Exactly. I could care less about what other people, or these so called "experts" have to say about us. I care about what happens on the court. Like Tay said earlier, if anything, this should HELP the team. I wish it wasn't the case, but for whatever reason, this team needs to feel disrespected to give 100%. So as far as I'm concerned, keep the disrespect coming!

Besides, I don't pay much attention to anyone that has the Lakers ranked THIRD???

17. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

any rating system that has our rating go down by more then the team above us in a week where we go undefeated and beat the team ahead of us is flawed beyond any means..... fine rate us below boston but you need to scrap the system and redo it because from the top down its a flawed system.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No problem with the Pistons being second...both the Pistons and the celtics know who the better team is :eyebrows:. However why are the Lakers ranked so high? They couldn't beat the sad sack 24th rank Cavs?? I would move them back to at least 6th or so. I am not sure who the Trailblazers got their 10 straight wins against but I would probably rank them at least 8th?? The Jazz need to be dropped to at least 13th...

19. buddahfan

When the Celtics play 4 or more games west of the Mississippi then I re-evaluate them. Right now I rank them 2nd in the East and about 5th or 6th overall.

20. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You got the Lakers ranked above the Celtics don't you.......tell tha truth