Chad Ford interview with Joe D

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by webz, Jun 12, 2008.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A pretty good interview with Joe. He seems to be either more comfortable talking to Chad or he has just simmered down a bit from his interview with Stoney. He talks about Stuckey and AJ, and Curry's views on playing the young guys. Also Melo is mentioned but Joe doesn't mention any specific names, only that he is looking for an 'impact player'.

It's part of a 20 minute podcast, only the first 5 minutes are spent with Joe.

Chad's article also throws out some interesting trade proposals which aren't stupid and quite legit.

CHAD ARTICLE
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I don`t like any of those trades!!
  3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't mind the Nets or Bobcats ones and possibly the Melo one. The other 3 not so much, although I'd do Howard for Prince. But we are talking realistic trades here, not PF.com trades. :MusicBigGrin:
    Getting the number 9 or 10 pick in the draft would be pretty interesting.

But notice that 5 of the 6 involve Prince?
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

They all look like a step back to me.
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The idea of McGrady is growing on me, but I wouldn't have the heart to pull the trigger on any trades that involve giving up any of the rotation guys (I love em all!), so I guess I just have to nervously check the trade rumors for the next two months.... hmmmm :cold:
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Me neither, and we have to hope that there are others that will be on the table. I might consider a straight up Tay for Josh though despite the mary jane issue as at least he admitted it...:smoke06:

If we need to deal with Denver and give up Billups and Prince, then give us Mello, Camby and Chucky and we give them our #29.

or better yet we send Billups & Tay to Denver, they send Mello & Aktlins to Dallas and we get Kidd and Josh:stirthepot:

The Utah trade for me only works if they take perennial twin stiff Collins out of the mix and replace him with Paul Milsap. Then maybe I give my blessing:sssh:

For the Charlotte scenario, the # 9 might be better than both crybaby Morrison or my father was a bust too Sean May, but I still would rather go with Jrich or Okafor if we are giving up Sheed and Tay.
  7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

You are way too biased here - other side wants to win from trade too, do not forget that. And please stop dreaming how to get some young, already proved, but still developing PF or C . Nobody is going to give such guys away!!!!! Do you hear me!!!!

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So you are Ok with all of the trades proposed or do you have an opinion on any of them??
  9. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

We could get that but it would take 2 or 3 of these 4 items.

1 starter + 1 starter + Real prospect (afflalo at worst) + 1st rounder(s)

Do you really think Portland wouldn't give us Aldridge for Billups? hell they'd give us filler and swap picks too I bet.

1 vet legit PG is all they are away from being top 4 in the west.

We could probably sign and trade for Josh Smith.
  10. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

that is why dumars wont make such trade: price is too high. nobody want your late first round draft picks. Only real prospect here is stuckey.

from chad new yersey, utah trades are worth of considering but buth are risky. I'd make only NJ trade. Kristic, coming from injury may pay off a la dice. And Jefferson is a slasher from wing - abilty what pistons has not seen since healthy Grant Hill.
  11. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

I disagree on the prospect thing, Max, Amir, Afflalo, Samb, Stuckey are all prospects, in reverse random order.
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

All those trades suck. Every single one of them. And i don't for a second believe that that is all we can get for 2/3 starters.

And please don't advocate Nenad Kristic.
  13. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Please quit trying to be evasive about what you think. Simply tell us what you really believe. Don't be shy.
  14. odin

odin Second Round Draft Pick

I liked the interview.. good to hear that Curry and Joe are on the same page with the youngsters.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Sorry i should have been more clear LOL
  16. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

My two cents worth:

Trade 1: As much as I'd want to see Prince stay (coz I'd have to change my avatar if he goes), I'd say yes if we can get Carmelo and Camby. Give up Chauncey, our #29 and JMax with Prince. I don't know if that works but I'd do that.

Trade 2: Hamilton is another guy who I don't want traded. There's nobody out there who can replace his skill set. What's wrong with someone you can run plays for? I think every team needs that kind of guy. But with this trade, I'd have to say yes. Boozer and Sheed up front? Billups and Stuckey backcourt. Amir can be the 3. or somebody else. Brewer and Almond can help. I'd take Jarron Collins as a practice guy as well.

Trade 3: Josh Howard for Prince is ok with me. Rip stays.

Trade 4: I'd like to say NO. Morrison and May are underachievers. Bench guys. GWallace would be good with somebody else for Sheed alone. Not two starters.

Trade 5: I like. Another project for Arnie. A big man with something to prove. RJ for Prince. and the number 10 pick and I'd throw in our #29 with that.

Trade 6: NO. Nuff said.

So in order of preference and if the trade stays the way its written, I like the NJ and Utah deals, conditional on Denver and Charlotte, and disagree with Houston.
  17. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Like em all except #2 and #6. Anything involving Sheed gets high priority. Move em out........
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

CB & Sheed to Charlotte for Okafor and maybe Richardson or Wallace is pretty interesting. But, can Okafor be traded? RealGM says Okafor is...

LAST = Last Non-Exercisable Year. Players in the last non-exercisable year of their contract cannot be traded after the trade deadline when teams can once again trade players after their season is over

...which I've now read about ten times and still have no idea what it means.
  19. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

I believe he'd have to be signed and traded as he did not agree to an extension. He may be an UFA.

Appears he's restricted FA
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Howard for Tay one is interesting. You are adding some speed/strength/athleticism without drastic overhaul. Please spare me the he smokes weed crap. Excluding him based on that would take 90% of the L with him.

Melo has me thinking also. CB and Tay seems like a lot. Maybe that is needed to make up for the age disparities. Adding the 20th pick to their current one would keep the forum buzzing for a few years though.

I can't believe how bad the scouting must be in the league. You'd think people would be knocking down Joe D's doors with offers like Wade + 2nd pick & future 1st rounders for Samb?