Chad Ford interview with Joe D

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by webz, Jun 12, 2008.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Interesting. But we're giving up too many ball-handlers here (Prince and Billups). Rip does not handle the ball well and I'm not convinced Stuckey is ready to run the offense the entire season. I like Stuck to continue to come off the bench and back up the 1 and the 2.

I don't like any of these trades either. Has anyone considered the possibility that this team does not need to make any trades? Perhaps if the current personnel was utilized more efficiently, than they can win a championship. This team went 69-30 this season, including the playoffs. Sure, they kept losing in the ECF, but it was under the same coach. A new coach might be just the ticket. I hope Dumars doesn't make trades for the sake of making trades. I'm sure he won't.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I don't like any of those trades. If AI were put in the Denver trade instead of Carmelo though...I would pull the trigger.
  3. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

He has already said he won't do that. He'll only make a trade that benefits the org.
  4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

looking at our salaries its not going to be easy to make a trade either, as other GM's have thrown way to much money at players Joe has gotten good value for his investment... so to trades for equal salaries in most cases looks to be a downgrade in talent.

We may end up with the same team next year by default (which isn't all bad). They should however not feel as secure in there position as they did this time last year.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We can't blame it all on Flip, but most of it. Yeah we had hi caliber players on the squad the last 3 years under Flip who should shoulder some of the blame too, but it still seems that we were just one go-to-player short of getting over the top or we couldn't match or stop the opposing teams' star. Half of that was based on the current players persona too. The ones that had rings weren't hungry enough and the ones who didn't have rings were hungry, but other than Dice, didn't play enough.

I am not in favor of trading just to trade, but if we have a weakness in rebounding, posting up, interior d, or penetrating etc, and there is a player out there that can help in at least 2 of our weaknesses, then let's try to get him so that we are in a better position next year.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It won't be easy to improve our weaknesses without giving up some of our strengths.

Losing CB, Rip, Tay, or Sheed will leave a big void in certain areas. It's up to Joe to use his leverage to pull a deal that is better for us than the other guys.
  7. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

What if we already have that player and he just didn't get a chance to perform???

I will be O.K. if we come back next year the same way with a different coach. Not thrilled but O.K. What we really need is a legitimate back up 3. We need to get someone that can spell Tay without a huge drop off.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Different coach may or may not be enough on this team especially since the coach only has limited experience. Do we know who is assistants are yet?

Like I have said on a half a dozen various threads, why can't we just get a legitmate 3 and let Tay be the back up?:stirthepot:
  9. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

That would work for me. I have not seen "significant" improvement in Tay's game in a few years. Maybe he isn't being pushed hard enough to improve. I would have thought he would have become more of a slasher or a better 20 ft jump shooter by now.

edited to add:
    Maybe he has reached his peak????
  10. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Same. Chads a douche.
  11. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

You are way off base there....

It's

Chad's a douche
  12. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

A huge drop off? Tay is a decent player in this league but I think he is overrated. We need someone to come in and START at the 3. Tay can come off the bench.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I am in favor of making a trade just for the sake of making one. That's what I would do.
  14. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

I still blame him for hyping Darko up so much we drafted him.
  15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Yeah, once in a life pistons staff listened to him and see what happened...