Charles Rogers Benched for Martinez and Roy Williams a gametime decision

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Winless Wonders, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

What is wrong with Mooch? Has his brain been zapped by aliens? Is Mooch as big of a dufus as he looks? Mooch claims that Rogers has not looked good in practice all week and doesn't have a grasp of the plays. Mooch therefore believes that Glen Martinez is better than Charles Rogers. Oh and they also mention that the resident baby Roy Williams is a gane time decision. Things just get more stupid with each passing week. I heard Mooch earlier in the week spouting some crap about Drummond and Vines getting a lot of plays at WR. He also said something about Troy Edwards getting some plays. I am sorry but Drummond is a joke as a WR and really Drummond has actually been a disappointment this year.

This is my take.:ohwell: Something fishy is going on. Did WCF give the word that he wants Rogers gone? Or is Mooch trying to screw Joey so that he will fail and Garcia will get to play next week? I don't care if Rogers showed up stoned out of his mind Sunday morning he would be on the field if I was coach. What has Glen Martinez done that makes him a better option than Rogers? Charles Rogers speed alone makes DB's have to respect him. When Rogers first got here he excelled at the flanker spot. The flanker spot is the primary option and is were you speed guy should be. But what do the Lions do?? They put the slow Roy Williams in that spot. With Roy Williams probably not playing how can you leave Charles Rogers at home not even making the trip?? Rogers should start this week in Roy's spot just to see if he can make something happen.:confused:

FIRE MOOCH NOW !!!

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't think anyone, including Mooch, thinks that Martinez is better than Rogers. But guys like Martinez and Vines have been giving 100% on every play. Not taking plays off, not going half speed and not smoking up.

Mooch can't reward a guy who has already had everything handed to him, yet just came off a 4 game suspension for being a pot head and has been coasting through practice.

Sometimes it isn't about talent or potential. Its about performance and dedication. Mooch is rewarding the later over the former and is sending a message to Rogers and the rest of the WR's.

I like the move. Its about time Mooch shows some backbone.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Looks like it worked CRog had a good practice. And the team approved. Sorry W.W. the Mooch undermining Joel conspiracy will have to wait. Cards could run into a buzzsaw.

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

This game is a very tough one to call. The Lions are due for a "teaser" victory. But they stink. The Cards stink too. It's a home game for Detroit. Both teams have injuries.

I think the Lions are going to win. Pretty much by default and they are due for a good game. Enjoy it...if it happens it may be a while before they win again.

Lions 24

Cards 13

If given a choice I'd like to see them win, of course, but honestly I've lost the majority of my interest/passion for the team.

Sorry, but enough is enough.