Charles Rogers Will Play

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Superstarov, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Or prove his critics right. Sounds like he'll be getting more PT than the has in years. Hopefully he doesn't break his collerbone again.
  3. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Or fail another drug test...
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Seriously.

I know all the drug problems and stuff were his own fault. Ticked me off. No excuses there.

But a guy can't help it if he makes an effort play and breaks his collar bone. I think part of his problems were just bad luck and the china doll syndrome. I still think this guy can come up huge and if he stays healthy I think this will be his year.

I may take a shot at him late in my fantasy draft. (By the way, if anyone wants to join a laid back fun fantasy football league made up mostly of new learners you are welcome to join). It's not sponsored or run through the forum so please pm me if you are interested. Please don't respond in this thread.
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't blame him for it, I just think he's too frail. The Lions tried getting to add some weight, but that didn't work very well either. He lost his explosiveness and confidence.

Hey, I really hope we works out. Its in the Lions' best interest that he does. I'm just very doubtful. Its been 4 years and he still hasn't learned how to be a professional.

After 4 seasons, we shouldn't still have to be wondering if the 2nd overall pick can play in the league.

I understand that some high picks are busts. If he didn't have the talent to play in the league, that would be one thing. What frustrates me is his inconsistency, lack of effort, poor judgement and lack of professionalism.

Like it or not, its a job for him now. He's being paid MILLIONS of dollars to perform at a high level. So far, he has robbed the Lions blind.

How many chances is this guy going to get? I'd rather watch a less talented player that gives 100% effort all the time - guys like Scottie Vines - than watch this guy sulking on the side lines, raking in millions of dollars and crying about how unfair he's being treated.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, he's acted like a real irresponsible jerk.

I just want him to make it because the Lions need him so bad. I just want to be absolutely sure before they cut him. They really have nobody better right now.

I agree that if he pulls more crap which outweighs his usefullness to the team, it's time to bid him adieu. It's just my gut that he's going to be an asset this year. But I've thought that before about him. :mad:
  7. Media Guy

Media Guy First Round Draft Pick

[Yahoo! Sports] Rogers confident Lions will not cut him (AP)

Charles Rogers is convinced he's still the same player who made a spectacular catch in the back of the end zone against Notre Dame in 2002 and scored on his first two NFL catches the next year. The Detroit Lions receiver, taken No. 2 overall in 2003, chooses to overlook the 33 games he has missed as well as his lack of production or dependability.

Link To Original Article