Charlotte Bobcats April 5th, 6:00 PM

Discussion in 'April 2009' started by Dlev59, Apr 5, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wow.

That dude can get to the rim at will. Almost every single one of our 3 pointers came directly off a Bynum pass (even Sheed's!).
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Will Bynum sets Pistons record by scoring 26 pts in the 4th qtr in front Micheal Jordan and a bunch of other Tar heel legends and celebrities.

The Pistons hold on to beat the Bobcats after blowing a 17 pt second qtr lead that eventually turned into a 5 point deficit midway through the 3rd qtr.

Bynum nearly outscored the entire Bobcat squad in the 4th Qtr (26 to their 28.) The remaining Pistons chipped in 10 pts as they had to over come another unspectacular performance by Suckey >>2-6 shooting, 8 pts 0 assists and the grieving Rip Hamilton still in mourning after the UCONN loss to MSU last night. Rip was tossed near the end of the 3rd I believe and MC went with Bynum and Afflolo for the whole 4th qtr until inserting Stuckey in the last 15 seconds.

As I said in chat yesterday, this was a huge game and Curry did not blow it by yanking Bynum at the 5:17 timeout like most of us thought he would in chat today. The win pushes the Bobcats 3 games back and moves the Pistons back in a tie for 7th with the Bulls with only 4 games left.
  3. max

max All-Star

Who would have thought that Bynum would be the silver lining this year instead of Sucky.

Great win and this pretty much secures our playoff spot. And yes its better to make it because you never know whats going to happen.

I was at the game and it was an energetic crowd. Piston faithfull have not given up yet. I think I saw Karen Davidson at the game but was not sure.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Man did I bust up when George Blaha said, "and Michael Curry tinkers with the starting line-up a little bit." Who saw that coming?

True to form though Kwame's production went way down when he was removed from the starting line-up.

Night and day between Stuckey and Bynum. 2 different teams. Of course once Stuckey got a slight role going Curry sat him for the rest of the game. It was the right move.

MC brought Bynum in earlier that usual tonight so the potential for catastrophe was greater than normal.

Sheed has been a lot more active on D since he's been back. He looks more like the guy we saw even last year challenging shots. He did especially well after getting his 4th foul.

Afflalo played well as did Herrrrman who was everywhere on the court in the 2nd Q.

These guys can't stand prosperity. I knew the lead was going away probably in spectacular fashion in the 2nd. No way they carry momentum over to another quarter.

DET looks like their opponents when Bynum is in there getting inside. This was setting up as a classic raping from the refs until he got back in.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Karen Davidson from Room 222?????????:love:
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

and what the heck is a 'quick reply?'
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Room 222? You mean Karen Valentine

[​IMG]
  8. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Man I missed the game tonight and didn't DVR it! Looks like I missed a great performance by Bynum in the 4th. Oh well, at least we won and are now virtually guaranteed a spot in the playoffs.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Record breaking performance! :D
  10. max

max All-Star

Your new team owner. The one who gets to pick the GM and stuff.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe she will force Joe and Curry's hand and make Will B our starting PG the rest of the season...or just give him a performance bonus for possibly getting us into the playoffs which means more post season money in the coiffures
  12. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Either Rip or Stuckey has to go. Rip has the bad attitude, and Stuckey has been a big bunch of nothing at point. Only have room for one starting SG.

Unbelievable. After clearing one guard logjam, we've created another one. And to think, Bynum was just supposed to be a Carlos Arroyo/Will Blalock.
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Does she LOOK like Karen Valentine? [​IMG] thump thump!
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:nopompom:

Bynum was nuts. Rip was also nuts in a different way. Curry's always been nuts in the classic way.

This trend of giving up an unusually high point total in the 4th is disturbing.

Does anyone feel like between Stuck/Bynum we are destined (at least right now) to be PHX/slightly better Steve Nash on defense? It's almost like we have to surrender to the fact that we are going to get lit up at PG. I recall Stuck being alot better for a stretch and then . . . ? ?

Curry still hates Amir.

KB really did struggle off the bench.

I don't know if anyone doubts AA's clutch at this point :smoke06:

I'm still pretty against making the PO's (which is VERY UNLIKELY at this point). I would rather just get the off season started already. I reserve the right to change my mind if we somehow end up at 7 against ORL LOL.

Oh and;

GO SPARTANS!!!!!!!!!

15. max

max All-Star

I doubt she will interfere too much but Dumars may have to start showing more in order to stay in good standing.

I think you have to go with the talent. Its been so obvious that our most glaring weakness has been Stucky. At what point do you want to win games versus admitting that Stucky may not be the future of the franchise afterall.

I am giving Rip some slack - its been a tough year.
  16. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

[​IMG] I preferred her...:love: :love:
  17. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sheed's techs often hurt as much in the game, but Rip's are still different. Sheed gets mad, loses it, gets the tech and then either calms down or goes on a tear. Rip gets mad, then stands around for a bit thinking of something sufficiently bad to say. Maybe he's just not as clever.

Mostly though, he decides, with malace of forethought, to put himself ahead of the team. He calmly walks over to the ref and gets himself thrown out of the game not because he lost it, not because he's so angry he's lost control, not in the heat of the moment, but simply because he thinks he's the most important thing happening on the court.

And last night was the second if not the third time he's done it this year. If last night was indeed the first game of the Pistons postseason (as TaS says above), then Rip showed pretty clearly how long he wants to play. If it were up to me I'd bench him or suspend him for the next game.

I've said it before, but if Rip doesn't want to play for this team, then let's oblige him and get him out of here.
  18. raxrets

raxrets Starter

You're clearly overreacting like...Rip:); Ain't worried about him
  19. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I really don't think so.

But still, I got your overreacting right here...

:nerner: :nerner: :nerner:
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Rip IMO doesn't know how to calm down. He gets angry and then boom.

And i really don't think it's that serious.

edited to add; i keep forgetting the green. LOL