Home Charlotte Bobcats Friday Apr 12 2013

Discussion in 'April 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Let's not forget that Stuckey has had to play for the same coach the last 2 years.

BallDon'tLie and coynejeremy like this.
  2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

takin his history with coaches into consideration - this experience - the same coach two years in a row - must be to stuckey totally uncomfortable...:coach-bashing:

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Some observations from the game.

Middleton, the other team just not even try to score on him. Middleton dishes assists readily, can hit from range, and is near automatic from many spots on the floor. And his ability to get off a runner and nail it is best on this team by oh, about a hundred light years.

Bynum. Had some good moments. But only on offense. On defense, he made a poor outside shooter look all world in the first half. He gave up every point he got for us in the first half. And the Bymum magic of getting the ball inside to our bigs? Look closely. Our team absolutely dominated in the paint - before, during, and after Bynum saw floor time. There is nothing Stuckey and Knight can't do, if you simply split them up and make sure one or the other is running the point at all times.

One thing only the few of us who are still actually watching the games anymore would notice. As opposed to early in the season, when Stuckey was put at shooting guard while Knight ran the point, the roles are now reversed. Knight is still not much of a shooting guard, but he can hit an open 3, and can hit a shot in the lane when freed by a pick or two. And Stuckey of course is at his best when running the point, with the ball in his hands, always being a threat to do what benefits the team the most, drive in and draw fouls.

Bynum was actually given a shooting guard to run along side him in the first half. We ran a unit of Bynum, English, Middleton, JJ, and CV. CV hit a pair of 3's. JJ went off for 17 points in the 2nd quarter. English hit a jumper. Middleton scored some. Four shooters in with him gave Bynum all the room in the world to operate on offense. On defense though, like I said, Bynum was busy giving up any gains on offense right back to Charlotte. Still, Bynum managed a plus outing there as the offense was pretty much unstoppable.

I point out the above, because, you know, we could start the game with Stuckey at point, English as the shooting guard, Middleton at small forward, Monroe at power forward, and Drummond at center. Or start Knight here to give a bit better outside shooting touch. Either way, you got a fine point guard coming off the bench this way in either Stuckey or Knight. You got Singler coming in, or JJ, as the 3rd guy in a 3 man rotation covering shooting guard and small forward. Use Kravtsov as the 3rd big, CV and / or JJ sparingly
    as a big if the other team permits it by running poor front line players who those two can actually guard.

All for now. PS, like last off season, I will not be around much to talk Pistons. A couple more game reports, and then I am taking time off from following basketball until next October when training camp starts. I will miss it, as I truly love watching, and talking about the Pistons with you all.

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We miss you in the offseason, Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

But what about your "Running" and "Green Energy" threads...and who can forget the "Gardening" thread..........what will we do ????

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Might we be in for a interesting offseason?

7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I would advise against taking the offseason off from posting. It can be hard to come back after a long layoff.

8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I agree that that tooth has been slowing him down.
    I've wanted to knock that thing out for quite a long time.