Charlotte Bobcats Jan. 13th 7:30PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Jan 9, 2009.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Exactly my point. Isiah could put up 25 points, but that wasn't his first priority. He wanted to get his teammates involved on the offensive end, so they would be happier and more willing to work on the defensive end and the boards.

I like Stuckey a lot. He is definitely someone that you can build a successful team around.

2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Watching the last 4 minutes of yesterday's game was frustrating.
    It became even more obvious that small ball doesn't work. To many easy baskets being given up, no offense or defensive rebounding, etc. It doesn't matter who starts even if AI comes off the bench then what happens in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line? Is RIP going to be happy on the bench with 2mins left in the game? What about AI?

To me the offense became bogged down as Stuckey or Tay held the ball waiting for RIP to run around screen after screen. Then RIP either missed a jump shot or didn't have a shot and passed it to another team mate who had to jack up a jump shot at the in the shot clock. There was also one play in the 4th qtr around the 2min mark where RIP was running around a screen and AI was running the same direction and they almost ran into each other. After that happened it seemed like AI made sure he was on the other side of the court the rest of the game to avoid getting in RIP's way. It also took AI completely out of the offense. I wonder where is the coaching? What is being discussed in the timeouts? Why can't we get a decent shot out of a timeout?