Chaunc the Nugg...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, Nov 5, 2008.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The DetNews says he intends on returning, Dyess.
    -
    Piston for life? When Billups re-signed, he seemed like a likely candidate to have his No. 1 retired. Last week, after he was traded, Billups turned on the television. And there was Allen Iverson, wearing No. 1 for the Pistons.

“I will admit, that shocked me,” he said. “It’s kind of surreal when you first get traded. But when I saw that No. 1 on TV with a different name, that’s when I said, ‘It’s official.’ ”
    -
    Told you it was cold blooded.
    -
    It was deep...together for 6 years...Rip lost his meal ticket.
    I thought about that closeness...
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

CB leading DEN to victory over BOS (jinx please). God i wish we could have played them as is first.
  3. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

i like CB very much... but please don't beat the pistons so bad when Denver are in the Arena
  4. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I loved the “core” but the trade was passed due. Joe should have pulled the trigger after the cavs debacle. he waiting one year too long with flip and the core.

After reading the article, he did throw sheed under the bus. But he has said things about sheed in the past. Sheed will always get the most negative press because he is the most vocal. It goes with the territory. Everything is out in the open with sheed. An emotional player is easier for the fans to deciper if he is playing hard or has given up. That is sheed’s burden. When sheed is animated, we feel that he is into it, when he is not, he is coasting or has given up. Billups is a little more undercover…a phony in some ways.

The article is billups calculating attempt to diss joe and sheed. He should know that pistons fans are not attached to sheed like that. we know that joe will do everything to improve the pistons, even if it is backhanded like signing rip before the trade went down. the article made me appreciate the drive to win that joe must have. Throwing sheed under the bus is okay, because sheed lives under the bus. we have always blamed sheed.

But i have even more respect and confidence in joe after the trade..i just wish he had done this one year ago. If I blame joe, it would be waiting too long with the core and flip. Flip should have been gone after the first year.

GO Pistons!!
  5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

so is he signed or not..... Rip that is, thought it was only an agreement in principle but no papers are signed....
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

According to CB he signed. If you think about it though, Chauncey is basically implying if he knew, then he would be pissed at the front office for trading his best friend and wanted out, or maybe not play here long term. At the same time it's not like he could follow him to DEN, so where would he have gone? or was it the money issue since he took a discount ad thought he was taking that to stay here with CB? This whole thing gives me a headache.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

and Joe is saying "What the hell did yall 'closeness' get us?" LOL
  8. max

max All-Star

Have to keep in mind that this is all a one-sided opinion from CB's percpective. He does not know if Rip would or would not have signed but it does go along with the CB arrogance we all loved. (Hey man, he would have followed me out to Denver.)

There is a reason why Rip is not talking. Maybe he wanted CB traded and did not want anyone to know, let Dumars do the dirty work. Maybe Dumars told him about the potential of a trade like this before hand. I don't know because Rip is not talking.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

My sig. Skool.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

We play Nuggs 1-09-09 in Den.
    How many times does CB accidently [?] pass to Rip ?
    At least twice and Rip scores twice for us.
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound:
  12. FORTHELUVOFSMOOTH

FORTHELUVOFSMOOTH First Round Draft Pick

Yeah,he arrogant alright. Please. I wish people would stop trying to read to much into it. You don't know what they've talked about.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You can't have it both ways. You can't go on and on about the emotions and closeness, then say we can't really know what is going on.

Either enlighten us, or drop it. CB is gone. He's not coming back, his jersey will not be retired. It's over.
  14. max

max All-Star

Thats what I was referring to. Seemed a tad arrogant to me.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That is how decent people behave. They actually care about each other. Especially as a team.
    Now if you like goon work go to the Zack for Sheed thread.
  16. FORTHELUVOFSMOOTH

FORTHELUVOFSMOOTH First Round Draft Pick

How is that being arrogant I think it was honest. Once again we don't know what the two of them talked about. Maybe Rip said something to him. Everything this guy says does not to be arrogant he just truly believes what he's saying. I would feel the same way if I was him.
  17. max

max All-Star

CB is very arrogant, he was the master and gatekeeper of the switch.

I just can't win. Shame on Dumars for trying to improve the team. In the future he should make deals based on the emotional feelings of his players.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

One of the first things my best friend ever said to me was, "I'm not arrogant, just over confident".
    -
    If CB kept his mouth shut, You'd call him a scared lil' biacht.
  19. max

max All-Star

If he kept his mouth shut then I would not have had anything to comment on.

So someone saying that someone else is going to alter their career plans based on your situation is not being conceited?
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dirty Harry let his bad attitude do his talking. As it should be.

Guys who talk a lot, better be able to walk a lot. And we haven't walked the walk in 4 years, so it was long past due to shut up.