Chaunc the Nugg...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, Nov 5, 2008.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I think that's spot on and it'll be apparent as we adjust but IMO, compared to denver we got some smart bball players. Prince and Sheed both know the little things...McDyess if he comes back is pretty savvy. Its how prince, Rasheed and Rip fill the void that will determine our success.
  3. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

CHAUNCEY IS NOW 3rd FOR MVP!!!

NBA.com: Race to the MVP: Getting scientific to get it right
  4. LA Dre

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Well that Nuggets game was thoroughly depressing. Chauncey looks completely in tune and like he loves being in DEN. He led a 4th quarter run to put the Bulls away.
  6. max

max All-Star

Anyone think he would have been playing this well if he were still here? Looks like the trade inspired him.
  7. LA Dre

I guess his new team mates aren't grieving over the loss of AI
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Our problems are not on offense. We will be fine offensively. I can almost guarantee that. It is the defense at the guard position that I am worried about. I think we underrated Chauncey's defense because AI and Stuckey are getting killed.
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Billups has the lowest FG% of anyone on that list. Just think what will happen when he starts hitting > 45%.

He's 10-1 this year, right?

At least he's not actually going to win MVP, cause that would be a real kick in the richard.
  10. max

max All-Star

That would be funny if it was not so true. :sssh:

CB is playing on the same level as 3 years ago. He was still good last year but not this good.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

His Roland rating for us last year is about the same as it is for Denver this year... both very, very, good.

I think that he was so familiar to Det fans and he plays such a subtle game (ball control, slow pace, efficiency) that it was hard to appreciate all of his contributions until seeing the team without him.

I was watching the Den vs. Chi game tonight and I was seeing him posting his man up, driving and dishing, drawing fouls, hitting mid range jump shots. On defense, he gets caught on bigger players off P&R's and he holds his position and gives them as much trouble as any PG in the NBA would. 21 points, 8 assists, and 0 turnovers. It's painful.
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's like seeing a guy that broke up with you (or you broke up with; i'm not really sure how it works in this case LOL) with his new girlfriend while you're new boyfriend is someone who's really shiny and pretty, but there's not much going on upstairs. :nopompom:
  13. LA Dre

I agree...the core had been together so long they became complacent and was used to CB's delivery and style that maybe he made them better than they actually are with out him.

How many times over the past couple of seasons did we yell in chat or at our TV's to get him back on the floor when Hunter, Dixon or Arroyo was out there not moving the team.

I don't think we should blame CB for all of the failures to get to the finals...if I recall he was not 100% healthwise in either the 06 or 08 ECF's and the front line failed to stop King James in 07...(can't recall if it were he or rip who was supposed to guard Boobie). Flip takes 90% of the blame for failing to get his players to abandon the J and pack the paint on both ends of the court.

IMO, we should have kept CB and maybe traded Rip or Sheed in the offseason for some bulk and a slasher, but I am a paid audit manager and not on the Pistons brass payroll so once again Joe ignored the text messages sent him once a week in June, July and August.:typing:
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I completely forgot about the health issue. That sucks even more.
    -------------

Maybe you need better service ? LOL
  15. max

max All-Star

Keep in mind that we have a new coach with a new system to go along with that new PG. Even Billups himself said something about it taking 20 games when he was here.

CB's style is easier to adapt to and for the rest of the Nuggets thats been the only change they have had. I think we are just going to have to give it some more time.

Whats the alternative? Spend the rest of the season as dejected fans writing about how much better things were in the old days. Thats not very fun. Worst case scenerio - AI becomes a 1 year rental and we move in a different direction. I don't what a 36yr Billups will be like for 15mil but its something Nugget fans will have to watch now. It was a tough call for Dumars and I like the fact that he willing to take risks again.

Tay - So far CB is off to career or near career highs in almost every category except assists for some reason. His 05/06 stats were off the charts and we won 67 games that year. If he gets MVP now then something is wrong with the system.

Dre - whatever Dumars was going to do it would have been nice to have had the pre-season to work out the kinks. Now we have this thing where the team was not able to practice enough with the early road trips. We should see some more gelling in this homestand.
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's like seeing a guy that broke up with you (or you broke up with; i'm not really sure how it works in this case LOL) with his new girlfriend while you're new boyfriend is someone who's really shiny and pretty, but there's not much going on upstairs. :nopompom:
    [quote: lp26]
    -
    You're not talking about anyone here are you ? :greenapple:
    -
    So Rosc, how do you like CB's Roland Rating ?
  17. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

I honestly can't believe there's talks about Chauncey for MVP....

Maybe Joe should have just given him a bigger but short term contract.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think the assists are down because he used to automatically get at least 3 every game from passing in Rip's general direction. Carmello tends to dribble after getting the pass.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Wow. Gotta live in the now. If we ever invent a time machine, the human race is done, because so many people will want to actually live in the past, there won't be a future.

You'll have to pardon me. I'm neither nostalgic or terribly sentimental.

I could care less. I do have something to say about CB though. He's showing more heart than I ever gave him credit for. He's in Denver, determined to be all that he can be. He's playing hungry again, he's showing pride.

Many of my Pistons have not responded in this manner. The mentality is the opposite. While they cry and moan like ex-girl/boyfriends over what never was and could never be, they've somehow managed to make this more about CB than themselves.

And that's a sign of personal disrespect. Not good.
  20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Chauncey will never win a regular season MVP in this league. He is doing very very well right now, but he is still not a "superstar". There is no way. His MVP candidacy in Detroit resulted from our consistent success and our amazing record that season. No offense to him, but even if his numbers and success get him up there he is just not the type of player who could win that award. No way.

This team can still play at a very high level. We did not lose any talent in this trade. Are people freaking forgetting how good AI is? This guy actually won an MVP. This team can and will get it going soon.