Chauncey double-double?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Nov 12, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

do you guys think there is a chance chauncey will average a double-double? he's averaging enough points with 17.2 and he's bound to finish above 10, but with the new offense he's racking up a lot of assists he's averaging 9.33 assists in 6 games. he has a total of 56 so he'll need at least 14 assists next game to average 10. that probably won't happen, but over 3 or 4 games he could get 11 or 12 to get there. it will be extremely hard for him to do that the whole season and i don't think he'll reach that because he's not the only one on this team who can create plays all of these guys are legitimate threats even ben. so chauncey won't have the ball in his hands enough to reach that mark. i think he'll get in the 8-9 range, but i think there just might be a chance for him to average 10. What do you guys think?

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Chauncey Assist Average

Billups assist average in his first 3 seasons as a Piston:

2002-03: 3.9 apg
    2003-04: 5.7 apg
    2004-05: 5.8 apg

Sure, he is off to a fast start with his assists this year, but I would guess that he'll be under 7 assists per game when the season's over. The offense is certainly improved, but Chauncey's assist total isn't going to double in one season.

3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I think he'll be at at least 8 assists per game this year (unless we really start crushing teams and he is getting a lot of pine time). The free flowing offense leads to a lot more Chauncey Dimes. It would be great if he could average 16 and 10, but at some point this team will get in a funk and those will go down. Part of that gawdy assist total is because Rip has been automatic. He's racked up a good 4-5 assists in the closing 5-6 minutes of games lately.

4. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

nope

the pistons aren't the type of team that people will get stats like that. everybody is just too unselfish and talented. steve nash can do it because he is the teams only playmaker. it will be hard for chauncey to do it because some nights it will be definitely needed for him to be a lil selfish. he will only reach a double double if he sets it as a personal goal for himself.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Cb

Billups' assist average has dropped to 8.2, but couple that with 17.3 points, only 1.6 turnovers, great floor leadership, and a propensity to hit clutch shots, I don't see how he is not an All-Star this year. His development and maturity over the last several years has been amazing. I'm so glad he is a Piston!!

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

Especially now that he has the green light to shoot under Flip.

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

well we've seen that chauncey understands he has to give up the ball. so many people expected him to throw up stupid shots. chauncey has slowed down a little bit in the assists, but you can't expect him to get 11 or 12 every night. he still is in the top 5 averaging more than 8 per game which is very good.

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Don't get me wrong...CB makes good decisions & I can't remember the last poor shot I've seen him put up that was not shotclock induced...there is no other PG I would rather have.

I don't have the FGA stats compared to this time last year, but I have to imagine his number is higher now than under LB, as well as his PPG.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

well i don't mind that at all. lb kept telling chauncey to set up the offense which he's still doing under flip, but he is still getting some points for himself which i like because he is bigger and stronger than almost any other pg and he can score veru effectively.