1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Cheik Samb

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by MaxieltheBeast, Jul 25, 2006.

1. MaxieltheBeast

MaxieltheBeast Second Round Draft Pick

Any word if we will sign him.He will be a perfect 3rd string center behind dale davs(if he plays).I mean I think Dale will but he didn't last year when he had nobody playing infront of him besides ben.I really like the dude and he can be our next ben wallace,not body wise or rite now but maybe in the future if he bulks up and plays more.But with his fro nobody will have to throw theirs away:laugh:

2. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

Almost 100% certain he'll stay in Europe at least one more season.

No real reason to have him here when he can get playing time, practice, and food (lots and lots of food) in Europe. Bring him over next year or the year after.

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I concur. That guy is great to watch but why take up a D-league spot when you can have him play someplace else for free...and get more experience.

I think he is so raw that ANY basketball exposure will help him. Maybe next year, he can get some NBA-centric lessons.

The tough spot for Samb is that Next year we will have the 2 first rounders. If Joe doesn't trade them for a mid tier washout you can expect a PG and a C to get drafted by us.

4. MaxieltheBeast

MaxieltheBeast Second Round Draft Pick

if their is not a 100% chance we won't bring him over in 07 then why did we trade mo evans for him.I liked that guy alot.Samb is real young and we could bring him over in like 3 years because the hornets before they traded him for peja had a guy we drafted in 98!If u didn't hear about that,he is now like 28 but we won't wait that long for Samb