1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Chew This Fellow Piston Fans

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, May 8, 2006.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Is this the best Piston team ever?

I vote yes.

Are they the best NBA team ever?

I don't know, but I sure as hell wouldn't bet against them no matter who they would be playing. Michael, Magic, Bird, Russell etc etc etc. :):):):):)

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I would say they rank way up there, but those "Showtime" Laker teams would cause problems.

Kareem would light up Ben, Magic would be too strong for Rip or Tay.

Worthy would spin twice and slam before Sheed could turn around.

I am not a Laker fan, and never was one, just thought about that matchup since Magic was mentioned.

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd have to give this team an INC. until the end of the playoffs. I will say that this team has the potential to be the best Piston's team ever.

As far as pure talent, I don't think they're the all time NBA best. But I'd say that playing as a team, they're the best ever. Very few ego issues, extremely unselfish, each players strenghts compliments their teammates, excellent communication, tenacious D, blue collar attitude, first class organization, tremendous fan support, top notch front office, etc. etc. etc.

4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Definitely worthy of consideration.

I would make the arguement that they could be second only to the Showtime Lakers. No one in the past 10 years is close. There is something to be said for continuity.

5. max

max All-Star

I like how they have elevated their status with a 60+ win season. You need that to be considered one of the best ever. 54 wins kid of looks like a team of perpetual underdogs which is notable but very forgetfull in a few years ( who won it in 94? )

I must regress and save my final opinion pending the conclusion of the Finals.

6. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I will save my reply until the end of the playoffs.

7. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

I was convinced they were a few weeks ago and said so. Some others voiced several solid counterpoints the best of which identified our lack of killer instinct as the most glaring difference from historical powerhouse notables.

This years squad is IMO significantly better than 64 Ws. Failure to demonstrate their true measure of superiority over the league in terms of W&Ls was limited only by their preseason objective of obtaining HCA. Had it taken 69+ Ws to get er done I believe they could & would have accomplished it.

This team didn't have four all-stars by accident, with the fifth guy putting on an all-star playoff performance. If the Stones complete an easy run to the Ship I will argue that they are not only the best Piston squad ever but also are fourth most dominant (single season) in Association history.