Chicago April 13th 7:30PM

Discussion in 'April 2009' started by max, Apr 6, 2009.

1. LoyVaught

LoyVaught Second Round Draft Pick

if Amir plays 15+ minutes, pistons win by 5...if amir doesn't play, pistons lose by 15.

Curry sucks...bring back Daly for the playoffs!!

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

WTF, no one is going to chat tonight?

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The Dice/Sheed line-up has scared everyone away LOL.

Seriously though w/ that line-up last game and this one so far, we have to outscore our opponents. It's highly annoying since we have line-ups that are capable of getting defensive stops and limiting PIP/penetration.

edited to add;

This lineup really is useless vs. athletic teams.

And now Max is in no matter much he gets owned by the CHI bigs on the glass

5. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

6. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

LOL Again. The humorous coaching just brightened up my HORRIBLE day so far. I needed that fix.

RAWEED FOR THE WIN! I forgot how clutch he is down the stretch.

And we saw Rose own the Franchise for like a five minute span at the end of the game.

7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

this game was a "microcosmos of the year" and Stuckey's blocked shot illustrates it very well: failed.

JD, it time to get work. You rested during Flip era plenty of time.

(vs.Lebron-no chance, if it matters)

8. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

This team can play with anyone... but we never seem to win the close ones.

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

How many more games will the Sheed/Dice pair lose in the 4th until Curry does something ?

KB playing well; should have never been taken out.

Amir = DNP even though Max was bringing the suck

Putting in the same bench line-up that lost the lead in the 2nd quarter in the 4th.

Why do we continually go to people that haven't shot the ball well for the final shots of the game? Christ, just give the ball to Rip. At least we have a shot then.

Got beat by a team that played mediocre, and handed us flagrant foul/ejection FT's.

We can't finish games without Chauncey.

I can't stomach watching this team anymore. I wish there was a way we could un qualify for the PO'S.

8th seed is inevitable.

10. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I dont know what to say we %%%%ing suck right now. Always next year guys!!!!!

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Actually, 8th seed is now official.

Pistons will play the Cavs in the first round.

Detroit's final game against Miami is meaningless.

12. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

14. max

max All-Star

It amazes me how the Pistons are so bad with that last possession in a close game. Thats about all I have to say.

Blew a double digit lead. Lead by 6 in the last 5 mins.

15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Party at Lebron's house. Wooo hooo we play the Pistons!

[​IMG]

16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just saw the last two plays on ESPN Fastbreak....Even former Piston John Barry dogged the Pistons for the late 4th qtr meltdowns. The Pistons did not score a bucket after the 4:20 mark???? That is ridiculous for even a real bad team....in fact all they scored in the last 4;20 seconds was 1 FT by Stuckey :frusty: All of the shots after that were from 15 ft and beyond and Stickey was blocked on the only layup attempt.. Why did Sheed have to take a rushed fadeaway three pointer when you are only down 2. Maybe he was just tired and wanted it to end there???? Two games in row, Sheed has missed the potential winning bucket.

The players have to take some responsibility as Curry can't drive to the hoop, but why do you continue to stop and take jumpers and then let other teams drive straight to the hoop?? The Coach has to setup plays for some HIGH PERCENTAGE HOOPS and not draw up plays for Stuckey and Sheed to take or settle on jumpers. The games where the Pistons won, they had Bynum in there running the point and creating his own shot to the hoop. Yeah he was 1-6 shooting, but maybe he should have played more than 10 minutes to get in a groove. Stuckey had a good game..., but it just seems his not confortable in crunch time and how many games has dice had a fumble in the last three minutes??

I said when Curry played those starters for I think the whole 3rd qtr, that they would lose this game.... They had a chance to extend that lead with fresh players (like Bynum) but settled for a few tired jumpers...

Like Lee always says, it looks like Curry finds ways to lose games by just playing the wrong guys at the wrong time and too long.

I know they weren't going to win the title, but a win tonight and Wednesday could have put them in the first round vs the Magic. I am down in Orlando right now, and I heard a loud sigh of relief when that final score was posted on the Magic blogs.... I set up the scenario last night in one of those threads, why didn't Curry and the Pistons read it??? This was supposed to be fan appreciation night right?? Don't think Joe appreciated his fans with the product he put on the floor and the Bench this season. :redface::yukpuke:

I am done with my venting ..I got work to do and a seminar to attend. CYA this weekend!!

17. max

max All-Star

LADre - Have a good time in Orlando.

18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

2 reasons for this loss...

1. curry

2. suckey getting pimped badly by rose

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Un-BULL-ievable! The Pistons spend 99% of the game watching Rip, Stuckey and Tay shoot only for those three to stop shooting at the end.

How about the nice passes out of bounds by Tay & Rip? Nothing like turning some guys who can't dribble into play makers. Toss in Stuckey's deer on ice routine with less than 3 minutes to go and those are 3 guys I want to build around. Think there are any young bigs out there thinking, 'Wow, what a great situation. I won't get any shots for 45 minutes, but after that they're all mine!'?

That iso jumper by Stuckey was really the play they called out of the timeout?

What did Rip shoot on techinical free throws tonight?

Tay wasn't satisfied with merely passing the ball out of bounds at the end and went for the double double by stepping out of bounds also.

How many lay-ups did Sheed and Rip miss?

The refs should have been wearing Piston jerseys.

Why wasn't Gordon trying to get his shot blocked at the end like the Pistons? Was that a mistake by the refs or are you allowed to get a shot off and not commit an offensive foul?

I was assuming the Pistons would win when I thought this, but I can't see them winning a game in the playoffs and that has nothing to do with playing CLE. I honestly have thought for the last week that they can't beat the Bulls in a 7 game series.

Bynum gave them nothing.

Max gave them nothing.

It's amazing how many 28-30 point first quarters the Pistons give up or how many times they shoot 60% in a quarter and either trail or are tied.

Rip lost his touch when they made a point to go at Gordon to try and get his 4th foul. This too has long plagued DET. They stop playing basketball.

Kirk Hinrich badly bodied up Tay on multiple occasions.

Horri-BULL!

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks Max... It would have been better if I would have been able to sell wolf tickets on how the Pistons were going to take out the Magic for the third year in a row...now the Bulls, who I think will grab the 6th spot will do the honors and move on to the second round....