Away Chicago Bulls Friday, April 11, 2014

Discussion in 'April 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@ Chicago Bulls

Friday, April 11, 2014 - 8:00 PM Eastern

United Center, Chicago, IL

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV: WGN-TV/WGN America

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!
  2. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Still got to cheer for the Pistons. I like our chances.

Pistons 122 - Bulls 113
  3. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'm cheering for them too. Tired of talking about that stupid pick, we gotta keep it, we can't lose it, this team has to win, this team has to lose, to tank or not to tank and on and on and on, let's just play a good game and make it fun to watch with some exciting moments here and there, I don't think that's too much to ask for.......
    roscoe36 likes this.
  4. roscoe36

30 rebounds might be possible for Dre tonight.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

6. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

7. BillLaimbeer

Good catch. That web page only goes back to 1985.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am on the road and missed the game, but was following on my smart phone.....18 point halftime lead and lose by 8.....did a call come in from the big boss at the end of three and tell them to knock it off??

Tonight's loss clinches the the 8th spot.....there is a chance to get to seventh, but we would need some help from the Kings opponents. We can now can start cheering for wins...in these last two games.....and pray that the balls fall right in the lottery drawing........maybe the coach will play the kids now....
  9. BillLaimbeer

The Bulls are trying to hold onto that #3 playoff spot to avoid the Heat until the ECF. When they started making their run tonight, the energy in the building was huge. Taj Gibson was the unlikely hero as he continued to get offensive rebounds and putback dunks, many of which were against Jerebko when Drummond was on the bench.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Drummond was awesome. Monroe did a whole lot of good, post up scoring. Jennings scored plenty. Stuckey was sensational. But our other starter? Singler did nothing. A bit of scoring, but again he proved he can not guard anyone on the opposing team.

In this game, we saw an 18 point lead disappear solely by Chicago attacking Singler. He was either scored upon directly, or they scored a moment later after our defense got scrambled trying to help out Singler. After the score was tied, Singler was finally taken out. But not for long. He was right back in for the end of the game. In crunch time, we saw Singler get totally embarrassed, because as has happened so many times this season, Singler got guarded by their point guard. And its not like Augustine has any size at all. Chicago's coach, by doing this, both burning Singler on one end for nearly an entire half, and then showing that no more than a point guard is needed to check him, showed Singler up as someone who clearly does not belong in the NBA.

If Singler was not in at small forward, which he was nearly all the game, then we had a guard at small forward - with JJ at power forward. JJ got one rebound in this one, and in no way belonged on the floor at power forward.

The typical zero effort coaching job we have come to expect from the Pistons this season.

Other than Siva getting some decent playing time yet again, the game was a total waste as far as helping figure this team out for next season.
  11. roscoe36

Singler was -2 in an 8 point loss. Are we sure he cost us the game?

Monroe -6 (means he was at least -4 without Singler)

Stuckey -5 (means he was at least -3 without Singler)

JJ -11 (means he was at least -9 without Singler)

Siva -6 (means he was at least -4 without Singler)

KCP -9 (means he was at least -7 without Singler)

But hey, as usual, Kyle Singler cost us the game ......
  12. roscoe36

Lee, I feel like you have mailed in a lot of your recaps this season. You focus on Singler, and you miss all of the action (apparently the rest of the team going -6) without him in the game.

I miss the days when your recaps were hyper focused on Lindsay Hunter's 12 minutes. When Darvin Ham getting in the game for 30 seconds really made your blood boil.

Each of these recaps, game after game after game this season has followed what has become a familiar template.

Walter and Menace like this.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I caught the Pistons lineup introductions tonight and their pre-game handshakes were atrocious. They hardly interact at all. Singler was called first and he had to jog in a circle high fiving himself because no one was out there for him.

I think this is the best starting 5 the Pistons have played this season. (I'd still like to see them bring Drummond off the bench though.)

I hesitate to say Jennings looked good, but he looks a lot better without Smith.

It has taken the Pistons until there are 6 games left in Drummond's 2nd year for them to play he and Monroe together. That's why they're the Pistons.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  14. LA Dre

That must have been the hidden agenda, play Singler at key times to assure that we were in position to get the draft pick, thanks coach, the best thing you have done since you took over for Cheeks..

Have to agree with you here. Take that praise above away from Loyer.... Drummond, Monroe and Jennings minutes should be limited the last five games to give them more rest for summer vacation activities and Gigi and Mitchell should have played more to see if they were worth bringing to summer camp.....
  15. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Loyer still thinks he has a shot to be HC next season so you can't really blame him trying to win. But yeah, it is pretty frustrating not seeing other guys get some run.
  16. LA Dre

No way any new GM should consider Loyer......30 games and I still don't think the players ever bought in to his semi Cheeks system. Clean house IMO and as others have said replace with all Piston DNA, sans Dumars....
  17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Great comeback loss. It looked bad for a while but the Pistons put together a weak second half to pull this one out. I watched the Bull's broadcast of this one and they were impressed with Andre and his future in this League. They also couldn't believe how few assists the Pistons had and the horrible shot selection by Siva and KCP near the end. The Bulls played team basketball and the Pistons just had Stuckey and Jennings jacking up shot after shot.
    coynejeremy and roscoe36 like this.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If you recorded it go back and watch the Pistons lineup introductions. It was the worst I've ever seen. Ward, Wally and Beaver Cleaver could have done a better job high-fiving and hugging each other.

The Pistons had 12 assists for the game with Jennings and Siva combining for 3. (Siva had 0, Will Bynum fans, in 18 minutes.)

Kyle Singler doesn't seem to be featured so much on offense with Smith out.

It shouldn't be that tough to trade Smith. There has to be an overpaid SF or 2 guard out there who just doesn't fit with their team.
    basketbills likes this.
  19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

If Ward was the coach he would have punished The Beaver if he didn't share the ball. And Wally would have said "Gee Beev, Dad's right. A fellow has to pass the ball if he wants to win the game".
  20. LA Dre

The Pistons future guard play:crying:
    The Pistons current guard play:crying: