Home Chicago Bulls Sunday April 15 2012

Discussion in 'April 2012' started by roscoe36, Apr 14, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2012.
  1. Detroit

28.6%
  2. Chicago

71.4%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6:00 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey misses two key FT's down the stretch that allow the Bulls to tie the game and force OT. :faint:

3. LA Dre

The Pistons fought hard in the 4th qtr and even in the OT, but once the Rose three went down with 6.4 seconds left in regulation to tie the game, you could almost see the air come out of the Pistons tires. The refs let them play in the OT with multiple fouls on both teams, but the favorite Bulls got away with some rough play, played D and stole a victory from the Pistons.

Be sides those 2 missed FT's by Stuckey in the last 16 seconds, there was a play to Tay that didn't fall with abput 34 seconds ....he was not involved in the Pistons last 3 minutes so not sure why he was counted on now to get the ball in the hoop.

There was another play in OT with the Pistons only down 4 where a pass went into Monroe and to me any other big man may have dunked it, but GM attempted to use the board or something and it rolled off.

Stuckey was the reluctant hero here scoring 32 points, but bottom line, those missed FT's were the key to the loss as the game would have been a Win 88-86....however George Blaha may argue that the extra FTs that the Bulls got for flagrant 1 on CV against league poster child MVP Derrick Rose may have given them the extra points that offset Stuckeys missed FT's ...:bs:

You have to wonder if the Pistons should have fouled Rose before he went up to hit that triple. Gordon was screened by Noah, but couldn't he of grabbed Rose once he crossed the line? Oh well..:crying:...Rodney got them there....so I ain't mad at him....

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Don't forget the CV "flagrant" and tech. The Pistons were up at the time, and by the end of it the score was tied.

Pretty good game, playing the best team in the NBA as tough as anyone, and looked to be on track to shock the Bulls and win this thing, which would've been nice given how much they've pushed the Pistons around this year. Hell of a 3 by Rose to force OT though, that was a great shot.

As Dre pointed out, Rodney missed two key FTs in regulation that would've sealed the game, but those things happen. Even Rose misses FTs at those times. He was in Collider mode quite a bit for a while there but got himself under control a bit when he came back in for Brandon in the fourth and played better. Despite his late game play he didn't have the greatest game overall other than in the scoring column, though his efficiency took quite a hit because he seemed to be trying to draw the foul more than trying to make the shot a lot of the time.

Greg had a pretty good game, overall offensively (missed a few bunnies though), just not quite there yet on defense, despite a good, honest effort. He played a ton of minutes though, most he has for the season I think, so it may have also been partly due to fatigue, especially with having to deal with that front court.

Brandon had an ok game overall, despite the icky turnover numbers. He led the team in both the assist and turnover column with 7 each, weird stat. He played pretty good defense on Rose for the most part though, and shot the ball pretty well. He didn't force his own shots, but seemed to force a few passes that weren't necessarily there, especially against the Bulls' sticky defense.

BG was bad, he just seemed to keep losing the ball out of bounds all night. He didn't shoot a lot, which is attributable to the Bulls' defense of him; dude was rarely open. His effort was there on defense for the most part...at least it seemed like it. He looked like he really wanted this one though.

CV got his first taste of really meaningful minutes when he got in during the first quarter, playing solidly and getting the Pistons back in it. Also had two dunks in the process. He was awful Charlie when he came back in during the second half though, just chucking like there was no tomorrow and killing whatever offensive flow the Pistons had going. I'm still on the Get Rid Of Him bandwagon.

Tayshaun was a non-factor offensively all night, and was not shooting straight, but they went to him when they needed a bucket? Not sure that was a good idea, and he missed. He did grab a few key rebounds though.

Max played well defensively for the most part, was ok offensively, despite forcing jumpers in each of his team's last two possessions in OT.

Wilkins - still doesn't pass on the break. It's starting to bug me.

Bynum - got a cameo when Brandon got his second foul and had to sit, and managed to get himself two shots and a foul in under 5 minutes.

Big Ben looked ok when he was in, didn't play much though, only 10 minutes.

JJ was a surprising DNP-CV.

Pretty exciting game, especially that third quarter. Was happy with the competitiveness given these same Bulls have kicked their asses 3 times this season coming into this game and looking on the verge of doing so again early. Another team may have simply folded when the Bulls got up double digits, hell, these same Pistons may have folded earlier in the season, but they've made a marked improvement in that area which hopefully they'll be able to carry with them into next year.

basketbills and roscoe36 like this.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That was one of the most exciting Pistons game I have seen this season. Lots of great energy in the building.

Wilkins move on Korver was awesome.

I liked how even though he got a DNP, Jerebko was always the first off the bench giving high fives on every time out.

As much as everyone hates CV, he actually does have some skills.

roscoe36 likes this.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I only got to watch the last 15 seconds and OT. Just my opinion here obviously, but we got sort of shafted by the refs in OT.

Would have been a great W, but in the big picture, a close L is the best case scenario. 1) it improves our odds of being better in the future, and 2) it increases the odds of Chicago having home court over Miami.

7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yeah, lots of energy... sadly most of that energy was coming from the many Bulls fans in attendance. It was sad how a "home" game for us felt more like a road game... not only did the Bulls get louder cheers on their baskets, our players (notably Stuckey) were BOOED when they shot free throws. I have never seen such a thing before.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Great recaps, what a heartbreaker!

9. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Couple of top tens came out of this game.

Good to see a bit of recognition. If anything, it proves that for one game we can be a competitor. We competed against the Heat, they edged us. We competed against the Bulls, they edged us. I'm happy with both losses, they were good games.

linwood likes this.
  10. max

max All-Star

I hate it too. Same thing happened back in the 90's, Its hard for them to get tickets to Bulls games so they come here and punk us out. Reasons like this is why I will never root for them in the playoffs.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There were a lot of Pistons fans at the United Center from 2005-2008 when we were kicking butt and the Bulls were weak. The cities are just relatively close to each other and there are a lot of people living in the opposite city due to work. I'm sure Gores welcomes anybody into the Palace these days.

12. LA Dre

Sometimes it depends on how many fans are displanted from one area(city, state etc) to another area and how many fans hate dislike their local teams, and if the visiting team has superstars popular players.

I saw the Pistons play live in LA, Orlando, Dallas and Oakland from 2003-2009 when the Pistons were winning and not only did the Pistons win all of those road games...(5 vs the Clippers and the three vs the Magic, Mavs and Warriors), us Piston fans were there in full force with their Piston gear 2-3000 strong nearly drowning out the home team.

Even at the Clipper home games when they play the Lakers, the Laker fans used to buy all of the extra tickets in the rafters and out cheer the Clipper fans .....they still do it somewhat now,,,but not as loud as it use to be since now the Clipps are somewhat better and have more season tickets sold.

13. max

max All-Star

I dont have a problem with cheering for your team but do they have to boo the Pistons in their own stadium? Seems kid of tacky and disrespectfull.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, that's something I wouldn't do.

15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Used to be lots of Pistons fans at the one and only Nuggets game in Denver each year.
    ...not so much the last couple of years.

I remember going to see the Tigers vs the Rockies game during their interleague series a few years ago and it seemed like there were more Detroit fans than Colorado fans. Detroit is one of the best "sports towns" that there is in my opinion.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I just got Cubs v Tigers tickets sent to me randomly for the series at Wrigley after my last post. Cosmic!

I used to go to Wrigley a lot after moving to Chicago, but I sort of grew fatigued by it over time (since it usually results in pre and post game drinking and long crowded commutes to and from). But, for the Tigers, I will restore the roar. I just hope I don't draw the game with Scherzer pitching.

LA Dre likes this.
  17. max

max All-Star

Maybe the Chicago fans is why the Pistons tried to hard - it would have been sweat to sent them back home on their 5 hour drive with a loss.

18. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Maxiel was #1 of ESPN top 5 of the day.