Home Chicago Bulls Wednesday Jan 4 2012

Discussion in 'January 2012' started by roscoe36, Jan 3, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2012.
  1. Detroit

71.4%
  2. Chicago

28.6%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:30 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Five good challenging games coming up......Go Pistons.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Chicago is playing the Hawks the night before. They'll be tired, and the Pistons are feeling good. It'll be a tough win. Rose will probably scorch the Pistons as we don't have anybody that can guard him. But I've a good feeling about this one.

Besides, we got some pretty good intel on their starting SG.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm not too worried about the Bulls being tired. They've got the best conditioned athlete in the NBA.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, just ask him. Yes, sir....
  6. Walter

Like he said, they're in good shape.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Going to be a fun game to watch. Rip and Rose will have monster games, but we can still beat them. Chicago overachieved last season and adding Rip didn't make them any better.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Is it only me or does it seem like every team plays 4 games in 3 nights while the Pistons plod along playing every other day or so?

Hopefully the devils at Cox Cable AZ got their stuff straight and I can get the 'ol DVR working.
  9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

At least we're playing someone other than Indiana tonight.
  10. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Bulls in the second night of a back to back in Rip's first game back at the Palace as a Bull. Will be interesting to see if he plays.
  11. BillLaimbeer

The Pistons have played 5 games so far this season.

Of the 30 teams,

2 teams have played 4 games.
    16 teams have played 5 games.
    10 teams have played 6 games.
    2 teams have played 7 games.

On average, teams have played 5.4 games. So, with the Pistons only playing 5 games, they are somewhat just plodding along.
  12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Is Rip playing? He sat out last night.
  13. BillLaimbeer

Rip is starting tonight.

Chicago Bulls shooting guard Richard Hamilton says he will start tonight's game at the Palace of Auburn Hills (7:30 p.m., FSD), his first appearance since being let go by the Detroit Pistons last month.

He missed last night's game with a sore groin.

Hamilton will be playing against Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince for the first time in his career and said the experience will be “odd."

“We’ve been a part of an organization for so long and been on the same side of the fence," Hamilton said today. "I think the fans will appreciate all the good times when they see me tonight."

As far as his new team, he said: “It is fun, I’m excited. They allow me to do what I do; run around and come off screens and stuff like that."

Hamilton sold his house in the Detroit area when former teammate Chauncey Billups was traded to Denver in 2008. He admitted that if he had known Billups was going to be traded within weeks, he never would’ve signed a contract extension with the Pistons. That was about the only controversial thing he had to say today about his “incredible experience" with the Pistons.

He hopes fans will cheer him during the pregame introductions, especially since his body of work brought another title to Detroit.

“All I wanted and that’s all I was concerned with (was) to put a world championship up in the rafters. I’ll always be a part of that," Hamilton said of the Pistons' 2004 NBA title.

Despite reports to the contrary, Hamilton said he never thought about leaving Detroit nor asking for his release until the NBA lockout was lifted last month. For the last two years, efforts to trade him fell through.

“It was time," said Hamilton, who wouldn’t elaborate. “People didn’t really know what was going on, and if they did, they would understand. I think I had more good there than bad. I was the highest-paid player and the face of the organization, so there was bound to be criticism."

Hamilton said he knew he raised some eyebrows when he told the Chicago media that he had no problems with former Pistons coach John Kuester, who benched him for long stretches last season.

“Ask the players; ask the guys I played with, and they’ll tell you," Hamilton said. "I never got into any trouble. The perception of being a villain bothered me. ... Everybody in the locker room knew what was going on, and they always said I was the best leader and the best teammate they could possible have. If your teammates vouch for you, then that’s all that matters."
  14. BillLaimbeer

Other pre-game notes:
    * Brandon Knight and Vernon Macklin were in the gym at 5pm (2 1/2 hours before game time) shooting.
    * Ben Wallace has gray in his hair.
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In comparison, here in LA, the Clippers (prior to tonight have only played 4 games,) but the older Lakers who need the early blow, have already played 7...
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No contest tonight as this one was lost in the first qtr and the Bulls punctated the beat down at the end of the second qtr when he trotted out CV and Will.I.am-going-to-get-mine-Bynum. CV played five minutes and was a -6, but please don't blame this loss on him. The Bulls hit over 52% for the game, while the Pistons struggled to stay over 40.

The Bulls were fast and everybody scored when needed as evidenced by the 99 points they scored. Our defense that looked so good in the past two games looked out of synch today and Little Larry tried everything in attempt to slow the Bulls who beat the Pistons for the 12th straight time.

Rose only scored 17 points, but dished out 10 assists and seem to be able to hit all of his shots with the exception of his six three point misses. Boozer could not miss in the second half and Rip did his part to victimize his old team with 14 pts and 5 assists.

The lone Pistons bright spots were G-Mon, who struggled around the hoop in the first half, managed score 19 pts, gabbed 13 boards and led the team in assists with 5. Damien Wilkens proved he should be the first man off the bench scoring 10 pts and putting through almost as much effort as JJ who also after a slow start in foul trouble scored 13 useless points.
  17. BillLaimbeer

At least Bynum had more bright spots than Gordon or Prince tonight.
  18. Walter

Our shots didn't fall tonight, but give credit where it's due: Chicago's defense was very good. They are a way better team than Magic or Pacers.

Dre, this loss isn't all Chaz's fault, but that lineup with Bynum-Gordon in the backcourt with CV playing PF was atrocious defensively. CV couldn't even hack it in NBDL with that play. Bynum did some good plays in the 3rd and 4th, but he was a liability most of the time he was in. We can afford to have one bad defensive player in Gordon on the court. But when you put all of your worse defenders in at the same time you're asking for trouble. CV entered the game and within a minute the Bulls went on a 8-2 run, 6 of those courtesy of the horrid defense by Chaz.

Wilkins showed today why he is playing and Daye's not.

Knight is playing well generally, but he's still not fully aware of what his teammates are capable of. He had at least 4-5 great passes that would've been assists if they were dished off to a big with a good mid-range shot (like KG or McDyess). But they ended up going to Big Ben or Maxiell.
    Warthog likes this.
  19. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

This is my biggest problem with Frank's rotations. He puts Knight out there with Max and Ben every single time. Hard to be effective on the pick and roll when the guy setting the pick is not a threat to score at all. That's why Knight should probably play with the starting lineup or at least time out the subs so that Knight has at least 1 offensive weapon on the floor with him. Monroe would be ideal. If Greg could polish up that 15-18 footer, he and Knight could do some serious damage.
  20. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Knight, Stuckey, and Gordon shoot 6 for 24 doesn't help our shooting percentage.
    Looks like Rip is happy to be gone, despite his emotions.
    Playing Knight as a starter should happen quickly........so he doesn't get discouraged..