Home Chicago Bulls Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Discussion in 'March 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

DJ Augustin lit us up. Neither Bynum or Jennings could guard him in the 4th.

The Bulls team wouldn't put up with Josh Smith. Noah and Boozer would tell him to cut out that crap. They wouldn't let him shoot their team out of a game the way he did for the Pistons last night. They are well coached and really play as a team.

Andre got abused. He was slapped, pushed and totally taken out of his game.

Noah is the opposite of Josh Smith. Total team player who got his third triple double in the past month.

Also we were lucky they haven't unleashed Jimmer yet.

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I thought the Pistons gave a respectable effort for the most part.

I wish they would let Drummond handle and pass the ball from out high like Noah does.

I think Noah is my favorite non-Pistons player.

Drummond needs to learn how to hit people with his chest and shoulders instead of pushing so much.

Mogilny, Nemo and Lee356 like this.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

With Drummond...I think that fixing his kissing move will also help his chest bump move.

Noah is also my favorite non-piston.

LA Dre and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Joakim Noah is keeping the Bulls afloat - SBNation.com

Our offense and defense should be rejiggered.

5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Three plus quarters of pretty enjoyable basketball, not awful for the CIF. Good intense play all the way through.

Interesting to see Drummond get taken out of his game like that. Even more interesting was that he seemed to understand what was going on - couldn't do much about it with his level of experience, but was definitely processing. I like watching this kid.

One tiny comment on Smith - yes to everything said, but also, when he gets the ball everyone else just stops moving. Maybe because he won't pass and it isn't worth their effort, or maybe he shoots because no one is trying to get open. Chicken and egg.

6. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

It most definitely should. The Pistons have the personnel to put a guy at the elbow (Monroe or Smith) and have him play this role. Both Smith and Monroe are post threats from this spot, and if they have another guy down low (Drummond or the other of the two) and two shooters capable of hitting threes (Singler or Jennings - who actually hits at a respectable rate from the wing spots) then they could have a very efficient offense similar to Chicago's.

7. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Similar to what happened against Howard, he seems to recognize when he's getting schooled, and he'll learn from it.

8. max

max All-Star

I think Smith shoots because he is playing SF and figures SF's are supposed to shoot. This new coach seems to think Smith is pretty good at it since he insists on keeping him there.

What can you say about the game, good chance to step it up and beat the Bulls like you know how you beat Miami and Indy earlier in the year. I do agree about trying out some other guys.

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

basketbills likes this.
  10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Andre Drummond is a 21st century Bill Russell (from the neck down!) Dennis Rodman once said that if he was 7'0 tall , he'd average 30 rebounds and 5 blocks a game- and IT WAS TRUE! Because it's in his mind to do so. If Drummond just works on his footwork, positionong and his brains, he will be a force.
    BUT BUT BUT- if you have players on your team like Josh Smith, jennings, Stuckey and Bynum-he will never grow as a player or a person.
    I'd rather lose with players that are seasoned NBA vets than with the trash we have now.

jzchen, LA Dre and BillLaimbeer like this.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As Lee would say, this coach is clueless. Did he come in with Cheeks or was he just some random guy that Joe found at the popcorn stand?
    Somebody asked him about Bynum's play and he made some comment saying I am satisfied with what Bynum gives us???:bs:

If anything he could have rejigged the offense during the all star break.....or at least changed the defense....but we don't have the leadership in the front office or in the coaching ranks to make a significant change, so its up to the players to find a leader and to play smart.....if the right ones are out there at the same time.

I still say that when Gores fired Cheeks, he should have made Dumars the interim head coach to see if he could do the job that he had hired and fired other guys to do the past decade. :sad:

12. BillLaimbeer

I doubt Joe D even owns a pair of sneakers.

13. LA Dre

I haven't seen Joe in a tie lately either, so he would be out there on the sidelines just like Popovich with just a jacket, open collared shirt and popcorn tummy bulging out of it.

14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rejimmer it.

linwood and basketbills like this.
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe we should start Smith at the PF and Monroe at the SF positions. Moose is too afraid to shoot from away, so we might end up banging the post like we should be doing.

16. BillLaimbeer

Not a turrible idea, by any means. Smith actually had a few nice games when he stayed closer to the hoop.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

To counter this rather negative post about Smith, I will point out the following. One, you do not have a similar post about Bynum, who was 1-11 with just 2 assists. Two, in addition to Smith getting 15 points and nine rebounds in this game, it absolutely must be pointed out that he also had 6 assists and 2 steals vs. just one turn. Then again, does that compare even to the fact he swatted 6 shots?

Smith was minus 1 in this game. Bynum was minus 19. Do you really think Smith was our problem in this game?

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Saying someone is the worst shooter in the entire world is negative?

Mogilny, linwood and basketbills like this.
  19. LA Dre

My comments were that both Smith and Bynum's 7 for 31 were bad considering we lost by 11 and the game was just a one point difference at the end of 3.
    Bad shots by both of them when they coulda-shoulda passed could have resulted in 6 or 7 made buckets by other considering Moose and Dre were 19/28 from the field.

20. linwood

linwood All-Star

BillLaimbeer and basketbills like this.