Chicago fans and media all over Ben. Could he be moved?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jan 3, 2008.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Doubt, whether dumars was ready to give him ever more: seems that he has to follow Davidson's order to stay under lux tax.

2. max

max All-Star

Poor Ben. All he ever wanted was a coach that would respect his offense. After 3 DPY's that of course would be on any ones priority list.

3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

At his age athlete should be able to acknowledge his plusses and minuses, reality was that his O was ineffective and common sense says that he had to accept it.

4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

You're going to Utah!

Utah?

5. max

max All-Star

Wow Sloan and Ben Wallace? Ben will get like 0 touches out there. Will Ben be the thing that drives Jerry into retirement?

Also said in that article that NewYork is on Bens wish list.

6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

pigs are flying when ben says that NY is on his wishlist

7. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I HATE THIS THREAD. IT'S SO UGLY TOWARD BEN IT'S UNBELIEVABLE. IT MAKES ME WONDER WHETHER SOME OF YOU GUYS ARE EVEN PISTONS FANS THAT YOU COULD BE SO MEAN SPIRITED AND VINDICTIVE AS TO SUGGEST HE TOOK STEROIDS WHEN HE WAS A PISTON. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE? I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANY OF YOU WHO FIND YOUR BITTER ENTERTAINMENT AT BEN'S EXPENSE. HE WAS ONE OF THE BEST STARTING FIVE! HE HELPED US WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP! WTF is the matter with you people?

Ben Wallace will always be remembered as a special player in the NBA, whenever he retires. He is and will be respected by his peers over the long haul. Let's compare that to the people on this forum who are having fun ridiculing him. Posting on this forum, entertaining as it might be, is no claim to fame and very far from the accomplishments of Ben Wallace, which you, who claim to be Pistons fans, ought not to be dragging through the mud and practicing revisionist history. You are mediocre people who will never be remembered for being ANYTHING except being backstabbing fans. STFU.

Roscoe, I am sorry. As you probably know I have written so many responses to the posts in this thread and deleted them all because I didn't want to make trouble. But I am tired of being part of what I suspect is the silent majority of forum members who still appreciate Ben, despite his declining performance.

Speculating about and alleging steroid use is a serious thing. These people need to get a life before someone sues them for defamation of character.

Oh and by the way great game tonight. Love the Stuckey and Amir action. Why does Primoz do that crazy thing where everytime before he gives the ball to the ref he bounces it three short bounces? It's really a strang behavior. Anyone else notice that?

8. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Maybe in the interest of forum peace we should close this thread.

:hoops:

9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

i won't comment on what he might have or might not have done while he was here..... but when he turned his back on detroit fans he gave us a blank check to turn our backs on him.....

I will thank him for his past efforts and remember him fondly for what he did in the PAST.

Today he is just like Kobe, Wade, and every other player not a piston..... He's the enemy and gets what comes with that....

Don't see anybody going out of there way defending Isiah who did more then Ben ever thought of doing for the pistons.

10. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am sorry. I was just trying to make a joke. I love Ben and the Pistons!!

11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I've posted in this thread one or two times generally commenting on things going on with Ben, and speculation on his CHI days. I don't think it's so much people bashing Ben as much as there's still an interest in Ben and what's going on with him b/c he was a huge part of the Pistons. There are some things in the post that do thread/cross the line (the steroids thing being one of them), but people are entitled to post their opinion. Yes, it's negative at times, but that's b/c Ben has been a negative in CHI, and the way he left the Pistons wasn't exactly amicable.

Maybe some people miss Ben and get a satisfaction that he's not doing well in CHI as a sign he should've stayed. Or some ppl are glad we're not the ones paying him. Whichever.

Point being the steroids thing was over the line, but i don't really have a problem with the general thread.

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

You tell 'em Kim. I still love Ben Wallace. Went to see the Sonics vs. Bulls just to see Ben play.

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Encouraging different points of view is a focus of this forum, but making unsubstantiated allegations crosses the line.

If someone is going to allege that a player is using drugs, be responsible, back it up with facts/source, or please find another forum to post on.

14. max

max All-Star

Thats the way I feel. I do appreciate what he has done, we would not have rebuilt without him. But he did kind of spit in our faces in the end there so its a difficult subject.

15. buddahfan

People sometimes read what they want into things that they read.

Saying that Big Ben looked muscled down like Pudge in no way implies that Big Ben used any illegal substances whether illegal then or now. Pudge has never been charged with using illegal drugs.

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think your post was the issue.

17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

On blogabull there is some talk about Ben's trade potential mixed in with the inceasingly brutal bashing he is getting.

Blog a Bull :: A Chicago Bulls Blog

The decline in physical skills is understandable..that was the risk the Bulls took when they signed Ben..but a lot of the bashing questions his energy and desire.

I think part of it is related to his habit of playing with injuries. Maybe he should sit more when he's hurting?

18. buddahfan

I noticed his lack of jumping in the Bulls last game that was televised on WGN this past week end. It was very sad.

19. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

That Chicago media is merciless. Betcha Ben wishes he still had some McCoskey home-cooking. :)

20. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

trade McCoskey for some Chi writer.