Chris McCoskey is on FIRE @ Hoopsworld

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Nov 6, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

I dont buy McCoskey's rationale that early games don't matter. All games should matter, that's the job. I think it doesnt matter whether each game is won or lost, but the effort put forth in each game is the essence of the team and its direction. It's like a teacher telling some kids "okay, you all go over there and color, and we are going to be over here learning how to read, you can come over here if you want to." The teacher doesnt really care, after all, they are all still in school.

But when the time comes to take the test, only the readers will pass. The kids who colored couldnt suddenly come up with reading skills. I feel the same about a team's drive and passion for playing basketball. Take each opportunity of every game to do your very best. It will become a habit, and wont have to be dredged up from nowhere when the player percieves "it's important" :hoops:
  3. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

I thought about this some more. If McCosky's right, that print reporters can get in there and really portray the game in print, then this is a golden opportunity for him. The players are angry and Stern has made talking to print reporters a bit of a forbidden fruit. These are ideal conditions for good reporters to make their way in. McCosky should have no problem getting access in a less-formal way, and he should have no problem coaxing out some good details. Stern's heavy-handedness makes this an exciting time to be an NBA reporter.
  4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

You just described my first grade teacher to a tee... I never got to "see spot run"... cause me and my buddy were goofing off one day and got assigned to the 3rd reading group (there was only two) where we colored... seriously it took two years to catch up to the others when I finally got a teacher that gave a damn.
    Although I think your scenario fits Darko better than the teams lazy approach... this team has been in the trenches (minus rooks)... the coaches have to make sure that there's no country club atmosphere... hard work will be rewarded... slackers get stuck with the 3rd reading group (bench).
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

McCoskey writes with more of an edge for Hoopsworld... like he has a new found freedom... someone holding a tighter leash at the News?
  6. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

McCoskey is whack. I think he suffers from Bi-Polar disorder.
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Now don't hold back Army... tell us how ya really feel about him :^)
  8. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

Hoopsworld is not a ``family newspaper'', which explains that.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

McCosky: Pistons Aren't Done Yet | HOOPSWORLD.com

10. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

haha-

I wonder if this perception has been fueled at all by Lee356 and his years of board flooding?

NAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

I would love to know McCosky's username here at PF.com

I've never cared much for his articles, management suck-up that he is. IMO, that article was a sign of desperation from him suffering from writer's block. He basically called out the entire Piston forum fan base (be it here, detnews, mlive, need4sheed, or badboys) and labelled us all as morons for expressing views he didn't agree with..."crazy talk".

I'm waiting for the day Chauncey bolts...and McCosky backstabs him on his way out...McCosky's a low-life turd. There are at least 5 people on this forum that could out-write him in a heartbeat.