Classic Power Struggle--Player v Org.

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Nov 23, 2005.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

T.O. vs Eagles. WoW!! How did you like the way that played out?
    T.O. sacreficed his reputation to battle the leagues contract system. He wanted more money and he wanted it now. But his timing was wrong. The Eagles rescued him from Baltimore and S.F., that was victory in itself for T.O.
    But he thinks because he came back for the SB he deserved more money???? I doubt it. He likes to hopscotch teams? I give up.
    Anyway he gets this years salary, minus 4 game checks. And he is a FA next year. But who'll risk him? Bloch, the arbitraitor stood by the teams need for order, which had warned T.O. plenty. I see it as a draw.
    Here's to you Curt Flood.
    ...Of course the Players Union will fire Bloch in Dec. because he didn't coddle the player enough. Shut your face, [Raider olineman].
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

T.O will play next year.

Teams are too greedy and desperate to win to pass up a top talent like that. Just look for his contract to have alot of out clauses by the team who will eventually win the T.O sweepstakes.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

T.O. just used the Eagles and their crusty org. What a callous Bastard. Hey, that's life in the fast lane. Bottom line is he loses money. He'll be lucky to get 2 mil. next year.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ok the Eagles have had a strong pass 5 years. Last year they lost the SB by 3 points. This year their best player asked for more money and they held the co. line. No. On MNF they got blown out 42 - zip. Our own McMike QBacked the Eagles. Maybe they should have restructured T.O.s contract. Because they are circling the drain.