Classless Act

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Winless Wonders, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Millen and the Lions organization stupped to a new low yesterday. During the pre-game introductions for the Dolphins they played the song "Piano Man" by Billy Joel taking a direct shot at Joey Harrington who plays the piano in his spare time. After introducing the Dolphins defense the public address announcer announced Joey Harrington and paused to allow the fans a good minute or so to Boo him. After the game only 2 or 3 Lions players came up to Joey to shake his hand. Dre Bly who has made critical comments about Joey left Ford Field without talking to the media and declined to comment.

The pre-game stunt was not unnoticed by the Dolphins organization. An offical with the Dolphins commented "how would the Lions like if we announced their players as the starting offense of the the last place 2-8 Lions.

With the state of this team I don't think the Lions have a right to take cheap shots at other teams players regardless who they are. I am almost certain that this incident will get around the league and other organizations may take shots at the woeful Lions.:gun1:

How pathetic... Fire Millen!!!
  2. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I'm embarrassed and ashamed to call myself a Lion's fan. Seriously.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Well when JH left the talk was, teams that wanted him wanted him because the Lions stink and they can do better with this 4 year starter.
    That org. Miami, just proved that point.
    Saban had a sound bite too, something about Lion fans stink.
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Man, we suck.
  5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Gotta get rid of the Fords, too. With the exception of a nice arena to play in, this is probably the worst organization in ALL professional sport.
  6. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I think it was a classless act for the NFL to allow the Lions to have a franchise to begin with. The NFL should be held liable for cruelty to humans. It should be considered a hate crime.