Home Cleveland Cavaliers Tuesday April 17 2012

Discussion in 'April 2012' started by roscoe36, Apr 16, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2012.
  1. Detroit

87.5%
  2. Cleveland

12.5%
  1. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Oh they definitely are. That, or they thought they could beat us with their scrubs + TT and Jamison. I'd go with the former. Them and GS are big time tanking. Teams like that are an embarrassment with how blatantly they're doing it. They could at least try to make it look like they're trying to win; they're just shutting people down left and right. :lame:
  2. max

max All-Star

Yes they are an embarrassment but in June no one is going to remember these last few games - only thing that will matter is who is drafting at what spot. Unfortunately we are going to be looking up at them once again.
  3. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Yeah, I know. It just annoys me that they can get away with that stuff. At least the Bobcats have the excuse of having no talent whatsoever and a coach who doesn't give a hoot. It just grates that because we refuse to tank we're probably going to be worse off than the hardcore tankers for it.
  4. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Unlikely.
  5. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Sorry, for clarity, I meant in terms of draft positioning. All of those teams will have more Ping Pong Balls and a better chance at Davis.
  6. max

max All-Star

There should be somekind of rule restricting teams from getting a top 3 pick 2 years in a row. Clev had what #1 and #5 - it's not the other teams fault that they could not do anything with it.

You know we could be playing Macklin, Daye and others more instead of acting like we are playing for home court in the playoffs. Even when we were in the playoffs we still used to sit guys once the seeding was decided and there was nothing left to play for. Playing them would also help Dumars decide who should still be on the team for next season.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Knight has put up some monster #'s recently, but something is still missing for me even though I believe he has improved during the course of the year.

If he played for another team and I did not watch most of his games I would absolutely love him. I guess familiarity does breed contempt.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was driving to Vegas yesterday afternoon and had Blaha and Mahorn on one channel, The Tigers on another and the Wings on the third. (XM radios come in handy on 3 hour road trips)

Excited for the Tigers and Pistons and worried about the Wings.....bout time I hit the strip and got to my hotel, no Pistons or Tigers on big screen sports book. Only the Wings were on and that score had gone from 0-0 when I got out of my car at the parking lot to 2-1 predators..:crying:

Tuned into my droid and watched scrub on scrub Piston-Cavs action in the 4th quarter courtesy of Fred and Austin and then reviewed the score board and saw that the Tigers had move ahead of the Royals in the top of the 8th. In the end, the Pistons put an end to the Cavs misery, Papa Grande did his usual scary close out and the poor wings failed in their attempt to exercise the JOE mystique and pull out a home ice win...

Only one or two more chances to see if the Wings, Tigers and Pistons win on the same day...I can say now.....it ain't going to happen......
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You are a great Detroit sports junkie. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
    LA Dre likes this.
  10. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I am now at the point where I don't really care.

Virtually every player in the projected top 12 of the draft is an upgrade in one way or another for us, with the exception of Lillard, Beal and Marshall.

Unpolished 7 footer? Great. Maxiell can walk or we can amnesty Vanilla.
    PF? Move Munroe to centre full time.
    Even Harrison Barnes looks sweet.
  11. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

I agree. Looks like they'll be doing just that for the remainder of the season though. Judging from today's box score, Macklin's making a good case for himself. Daye not so much.
  12. max

max All-Star

Yes and there is nothing wrong with it - even playoff teams evaluate players once they secure their seeding. It was fun watching Macklin play. Walker had a career high in point. I know I should be in the other thread but whatever.