Discussion in 'December 2011' started by max, Dec 28, 2011.
I thought of you while watching that play.
That ticked me off when Daye wimped out like that. Defenders get up in his face and he panics. Very disappointed in him last night.
LOL....I just noticed Kgreg said the exact same thing....
Even worse than the infamous "Tayshaun ducks out of the way of LeBron." At least LeBron is big!
I had fun watching this game which was a lot different than last year. I may even get league pass back.
1. Austin Daye: You are 5" taller than your defender. %$#%$ shoot over him!
2. I was watching things on a smallish window and was like: who is that guy with poor ball handling skills driving into 4 guys, missing the open man and forcing up a shot? Oh that's Stuckey. That dude needs a running start in order to barrel thru the lane. He doesn't have enough momentum if he catches the ball by the free throw lane.
3. When we had Chris Webber, having him at the high post and have people cut worked great even though we didn't use it all that much. Greg Monroe could do that with us in a way but he needs to be able to score. Score Greg! You on my fantasy team.
4. Off ball movement sucks. I assume its because we have no offense and its like park ball. I want to see off ball screens and cutters. Not just pick for the ball handler, drive and kick out.
5. I want to see Ben Gordon become our 1st option on offense. Tay is a 3rd option kind of guy and he'll kill you with that hook but he ain't gonna carry us on it.
6. We lack mental toughness. We played good D in the 1st quarter but got worse as the game wore on.
Lol. I think Daye knows it. We'll see better from him soon.
Having these days off allowed me to pull a Lee, I got to watch the replay! And we competed in this game but we had 2 lulls where the game got away from us. Ironically the 2 main culprits for allowing a bad team to run us out of our own gym:
#1) Brandon Knight. For everything he did good on offense in the 3rd qtr, he gave it back defensively and then he took an awful 3 on a possession where Clev was up 5pts and it quickly turned into a 9 pt lead shortly thereafter.
#2) Greg Monroe. He had 5 TO's last night and most of them came during a time where we were trying to keep it close and tie the game up. His transition D was pathetic too.
With this "new" information, I don't feel so bad. 2 Young'ns on the floor making dumb rookie-like mistakes is OK by me, secretly that's the best scenario we can hope for, Young players learning the game, getting better, playing through mistakes, all while racking up LOSSES! Stay focused fellas-stay focused!!
Austin Daye looked worse the 2nd time around! We're getting absolutely NOTHING from the SF position right now, it very well may be our most un-athletic spot on the floor, which is sad to the Nth degree. Upon Charlie's return I say start him. Let's put the money makers on the court and make them try and at least earn their paychecks. So here's what I'll be clamoring for:
Starters: Knight, Gordon, Tay, CV and Monroe. Bench: Stuckey, JJ and Ben. 8 Man Rotation with Bynum thrown in there occasionally when the team needs a spark.
Funny, the way Austin Daye looked in this game, Singler just may have beat him out for the backup SF spot this season.
Singler might have helped this year.
i thought of this while watching the game...hopefully frank instills some offense around it because monroe got the ball 3-4 times at the top of the key and i was screaming for the rest of the guards to move and make some cuts and they just stood there, leaving monroe with nothing to do but turn around and face up 15 feet from the basket
funny about #1 because i said the same thing about stuckey missing a layup that would've put us within 6, and then cleveland nailed a 3 on the other end to go up 11. i can't fault knight for taking that shot because he was feeling it and had just made several in a row...i have no issue with a heat check
It was a bad shot, but when he took I immediately said, "heat check" so it didn't anger me (unlike Austin Daye and his inability to shoot over Boobie Gibson), but I also thought of that old Larry Brown saying, "time and score".
Daye played pretty well at times last year and worked really hard this off season. I'd give him 10 more games or so before settling in on a negative opinion. He actually became our game winning shot taker last year because he was so clutch. He's got a unique game and body type, so maybe he's just not fitting in with our bench unit.
The big problem is our big problem.
And Pierce will surely dress to assure that the C's don't lose the lowly Pistons at home..
Is it to late to get Singler out of his European contract and get him over here? Open a roster spot and just buy out Max's contract. If this is a rebuiding year or decade, may as well get him over here now, or we will never see him ever in a Piston uniform.
I think there are only 13 Pistons on the roster right now, so there are 2 open roster spots....not that I'm opposed to shedding Maxiel.
He came into the league full of potential with obvious holes in his game. If he is/was going to succeed in the NBA he had to get stronger and tougher, after 2 games it's easy to see he is the EXACT same player now that he was when he came into the league, there is absolutely no improvement in his game at all.
The Pistons prefer that no improvement is made before they give you a big raise.
Separate names with a comma.