Away Cleveland Cavaliers Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Discussion in 'April 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. max

max All-Star

Yes I did not like it from the start. Least thing he could have done was have it expire after year 3 or something. Or top 10 protected for all years. He got fleeced.

And what did he do with the money? Take on a couple of contracts that the new GM will have to deal with.

I wont root for them to lose - especially now. We have nothing more to gain by it - the precious pick is safe now.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I thought I made it abundantly clear, its all Singler's fault. Sorry for any confusion you may have.

linwood, Walter and The Panda like this.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The problem with that trade to Charlotte was Joe put on the brakes after making that trade. When you trade away a conditional 1st round pick like that, the clock starts ticking and the goal has to be getting to the top before you surrender the pick. So, once you commit to that, you pretty much have to pull the lever on CV's amnesty clause and go hard after high-impact FAs and trades. Joe's problem is it doesn't look like he fully committed to that path. Sure, he signed Josh Smith, and I still think that was a good signing. But then he went and traded for Jennings, which was only a slight upgrade, and then stood pat. If you're thinking about trading away a potential lottery pick to dump a contract, you better be prepared to charge ahead, all guns ablaze.

4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is probably the least confusing position of anyone on the Internets today. :)

5. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Wow. Spot on.

This is the most concise and best description of the Pistons problems over the last 12-18 months I have read in a long time. No blah blah Jennings is crap Smoove launches to many threes. Dumars didn't commit hard and we got stuck in limbo.

Bravo

Walter likes this.
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The problem isn't that Dumars didn't commit hard, it's that he didn't commit smart.

You can't sign Smith and Jennings to play with Monroe and Drummond and then wonder why you don't have any shooting.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It's been nice to see Loyer roll out some of these oddball lineups with Smith out.

Sometimes it seems like they have a C, a PF, a SF, a 2 guard and a PG out there at one time.

Walter and coynejeremy like this.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Virtually never.

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is the postionless NBA, boys.

linwood likes this.
  10. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I think the lottery should be changed. It is ridiculous to root against your own team. But that is the system. Ignore it at your own peril.

This wasn't suppose to be a lottery year. But still, yes, you at least protect the pick at the top ten. And then, Joe banked on Jennings (how well was he scouted???), Bynum, and 37 year old Billips to play the point and lead a mostly very young front line back to the playoffs.

The pick is not fully safe. Percentages are good but the ping pong ball will tell.

Trying to win doing a rebuild was a strategy that did not work.

11. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I don't necessarily agree with that. He also got Datome and Harrelson. The last step would have been to move Monroe for a SF or a SG. Thats the part he didn't do.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.