Cleveland Nov 19 7:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I only caught the second half, thanks to jayjay. Thx jayjay.

Great finish. Pistons took care of business at home.

I think it is safe to say that we are in the hunt this year. Add McDyess and some more practice and I'm feeling optimistic.
  2. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

What a sweet win since it knocked Cleveland off their multi-game winning streak. The big difference in this game was Curry finally letting Affalo into the game after ignoring him in the first half. With the young guns in the game (Stuckey, Affalo and Maxiell) it really changed the whole complexion of the momentum and the Pistons put the whoop on the Cadavers. I really hate Kwame Brown's game and even when he occasionally gets it right and has a decent game he's my least favorite Piston.

Anyone else think the Pistons play better when Rip is not in the game? If Dice comes back then Kwame goes to the taxi squad and let Amir keep his minutes. Trade Rip for a high draft pick and a back up veteran for the play-offs and this team is looking really ready to be a serious contender for the championship.
  3. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Excellent 2nd half, lots of ball movement. Hope sheed can keep up his great play...tomorrow's game will probably be brutal. I did not dvr this game, my dvr record this year is 0 and 3.......but my son just reminded me that the first game I dvr'd was game 3 versus celts last year. I forgot to mention that one. GO PISTONS! SAY NO TO DVR
  4. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

AI and sheed won the game in the 4th quarter...But somebody has to make tayshaun know himself as a defender not an offensive guy.
  5. roscoe36

lol, AI will have to move over for Tay my friend.

We can't do things the way AI did them everywhere else. We want to win a title. And that means no one man show. Tay's earned his time on this team, and this year he's going to the All-Star game.
  6. NYPistonFan729

Tay is one of the leaders of the team. He cannot defer to AI.....i thought there was good balance to offense in the 2nd half. No complaints about Tay or AI.
  7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I was only able to catch the last part of the 4th quarter, where the lineup of AI, Sheed, JMax, Stuckey, and AA was playing great D and executing nicely on offense. Hard to tell much from a boxscore, although it looks like Rip had a pretty good game. The unusual combination in the crunch time minutes I saw seems like affirmation of Low's point about good halftime adjustments, which the boxscore certainly seems to bear out: the Pistons outscored the Cavs by 18 in the 2nd half, 9 in each quarter.
  8. permaximum

He's just a good defender but not an offensive force.When was tay an offensive force?He has to give to ball AI's hands at least in the 4th quarters and defend his guy on D.

IMO he thinks he is the leader of the team after the trade.

For the all-star game, he couldn't be all-star and he won't.He's just a good defender.That's all.He's not special, star type of guy.

I mean when somebody is hot you have to give the ball to him.Sheed was hot ai was hot but who were takin shots?Prince of Pistons aka POP.
  9. copper

copper Bench Warmer

MC did a great job of adjusting at half. Now if he can start adjusting a little earlier...lol
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great comeback as Pistons outscored the Cavs 58-40 in the second half with AI finally waking up in the 4th qtr after the Pistons had closed the 11 point halftime deficit down to 2 by the end of 3.

Two keys to the game. The two long bad shots that went in 3 pointers by Sheed that put the Pistons up by three and the decision by MC to read the text message sent to him by Lee to put Afflolo in near the end of third qtr. Not only did Alf contribute to rally by hitting two baskets from the side, (including a key 3), but he help shut down Lebron since Tay was having difficulty doing it. he played the entire 4th qtr. Stuckey help run the point down the stretch once the Pistons lead grew to 11. Even Max got some brownie points with a slam to wake up the crowd and the another key hoop from the left side of the basket.

The Pistons had 2 FT's and no three balls in the first half and finished with 15 and 5. the Pistons won the battle of the paint 44-22.

Good win, hopefully the momentum in the back-to-back carries over to tomorrow night.
  11. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I think Tay is the leader of the team. as good as AI and Sheed are I think tay has the reins of the team. Im fine with that, and I like the fact that Tay was being aggressive on the offensive end. Even if he was missing some, he kept Bron honest on D
  12. LA Dre

Someone has to step and be a leader when Rip is greiving and Sheed teching out, so we should be glad Tay is the one level headed guy on the team. Besides he was our leading scorer on the team in the 4 games before AI showed up and we were 4-0.
  13. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

TOOK ONE FOR THE TEAM!
  14. NYPistonFan729

Sheed's 3 pointers were in the flow of the offense even if they were a little far out.
  15. permaximum

ben wallace also had been the leading scorer 4-game in a row :)

What i want to say is ai was hot pistons was by 11 (it was growing fast) then prince of pistons was back and ai couldn't take a shot, pistons won by 7...

Also when AI was on floor pistons lead by 11, when tay was on floor pistons down by 4,
  16. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Curry needs to stop having to "adjust" in the 2nd half, and just get Afflalo in the game early. The 1st few times I've given him credit for making the proper change, but at some point it's just MC blowing it in the 1st half of games. AA's defense always seems to elevate everyone else's D, and his jumpshot has come around to being a legit weapon. I can only imagine it will get better with a more consistent role.

That lineup at the end of the game with Stuck, AI, AA, Max (or Tay), and Sheed seems like one MC needs to go back to. I was loving the drive and kicks with AI and Stuckey.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I am ecstatic. Great win. Great 2 of 3. We ended the longest going win streak in the West, then the East.

Where to start. I am going to start with JMAX. He was as important to this win as anyone. He completely frustrated Cleveland's pick and roll game. I mean he just tore it up so bad Cleveland had to simply stop even trying. That is some seriously fantastic pick and roll D.

Kwame started, and did fine in his 12 minutes on defense. One good score too, among several tries. But really, he did not fit this game much. Sheed can guard the big guy, and anyone pretty much can guard Ben. The game was won mostly with Sheed and JMAX paired up front in the 2nd half.

Amir got some minutes, gave us a boost when he first entered the game, making some good plays on both sides of the floor.

Stuckey had a lot of trouble playing D, but he also showed some versatility in being able to check Bron here and there. And then finally, he gave us some offense late in the game, with a couple of nice drives in and a made jumper. Quite timely. And he was part of the unit that played about the whole 4th quarter.

Got to give a shout out to Curry here. What guts to stay with his bench guys rather than bring back in his starters. Way to reward great play. Gotta love it.

Now, that unit: AI, Stuckey, running the point, Afflalo, playing solid, solid D and knocking down his shots. The play of the game involved him in the middle of it pushing the ball up for a JMAX ultra slam, JMAX, the perfect guy for this game, and Sheed.

AI sliced and diced them on O, and managed some steals on D. Yes, he gave up some jumpers for lack of height - but Curry did a pretty good job of managing that problem - minimizing how many times AI checked a taller guard on the perimeter.

Sheed knocked down a lot of shots, from everywhere - but his several 3's really stand out. Can't complain when they are going down, and like the announcers mentioned, were not even catching any rim.

Been listening to Curry. He loved the energy JMAX and Amir brought tonight. Then Kelser - Afflalo as responsible for this win as anyone. This kind of stuff is all music to my ears. And I know, a lot of fans share the same view.

Bynum got to play some, did ok on D, added little on O though he did have an assist. The team did ok with him running the point, and our defense held with us going small, imo due to his good D. (We got in trouble later using small ball with AI, Rip, and Stuckey playing together.)

No Afflalo in the 1st half of the game. We got behind. But we won, as Afflalo played the last 14 minutes of the game as we caught them, and then turned the game into a near slaughter by its end.

Rip did fine in this game. Lots of shots made, several assists, just one turn. Not bad at all. Again, what guts for Curry to keep him out of the entire 4th quarter - because Stuck and Afflalo were busy stomping them.

Tay had a fine game. Lots of solid D on Bron - as good as you can play the guy anyway, some scoring. He did participate in mop up duty in the last 2 minutes, but otherwise, again, Curry stayed with the guys who were winning the game for us.

Rip still played plenty of minutes, actually, the minutes he is suppose to play. Tay got a bit of a rest in this one. You know he needs the rest.
    Yeah, Sheed and AI played some heavy minutes, but on average our starters did not get overplayed - and this against about the best the East has to offer. I am feeling pretty darn good about this team.
    GO PISTONS!!!!!

In the overall stuff department - I'd say the 10 guys that played tonight should be our top 10 guys in minutes - except that I am still waiting for Sharpe to get a shot at some time.
  18. roscoe36

I know AI brought some fans with him to the Pistons, but this is the Detroit Pistons, not the Denver Nuggets or Philadelphia 76ers. AI is a member of the team, not the automatic leader. Not on a one season rental.

Detroit, unlike Denver and Philly, does not suck. So AI is going to have to share touches with Rip, Tay, Stuckey and Sheed. Because we want to win a title, and AI has already shown he can't do it by himself, or as the #1 option.

PS, I love AI. But this is Detroit.
  19. LA Dre

You tell him oh fearless leader:amen:
  20. LA Dre

Agree Lee that MC didn't panic and everyone who he put in did his part from Amir to Max to Stuckey and finally Alf .

There was no need for Fabio 2night and no need to bring back all of his starters in crunch time as Flip would have done even when we kind got stuckey on 95 for more than two minutes.