Cleveland Nov 19 7:30PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I love the guy, I just think he forces the issue when he doesnt need to. Im on the Stuck-Stuck-Stuckey bandwagon...and Im sure he will find his balance( it took Chauncey a while to find his game when he came into the league). I loved the AA AI Stuck set...Man will they be scary for opponents:deathstar1:

2. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Detroit was on a back to back when they beat the unbeaten Lakeshow. Plus The Stones are still finding their groove, and the Cavs already found theirs. This was a good win and I still believe they wont really gel for another 10-15 games. So that has me lickin my chops as far as potential.

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks for the comment. This is the NBA. If you can't play two nights in a row every few weeks, you suck. This back-to-back excuse is a bit overblown, in my opinion. We didn't beat the Cavs because they were on a back-to-back. We beat them because we imposed our will on them and stuffed it down their throats. That's good basketball.

DEEEETROIT BAAAAASKETBAAAAALLLL!!!!

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I love his aggressiveness too especially when everyone else is standing around launching jumpers, but I concur with you that he forces shots when it is not needed and thinks shot first and pass second.

Yeah he is more of a combo guard, but he is supposed to be a point guard too...sometimes. He averages 3.1 APG, which is OK, but I expect and hope that it is higher as the season progresses. He leads the team in fouls per game 3.6, (Amir is second at 3.3). I don't have any breakdown on how many of those are offensive fouls but I am sure he is the team leader in the category.

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Did anyone watch ESPN during halftime? They said some Piston players were griping about AI taking too many shots or the type of shots . . .??

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

2 really promising things from this game. One, we played very tough defense. If it wasn't for Mo's 3-point barrage, it would have been stingy. And two, we found a way to score against a very tough defense. Iverson did bring a nice dimension and got us points in the paint when we otherwise wouldn't have.

On the other hand, if Sheed misses those really deep/ tough 3-pointers, we probably lose this game. They weren't the greatest shots when he took them, but they were the greatest shots when they went in.

Chauncey was the Western Conference player of the week last week, so it's really great news for AI that we are winning.

7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I didnt see it, but I find it hard to believe. AI isnt shooting much in my opinion. I think he is really dialing it back from his natural instincts in an attempt to blend in and avoid just such an issue

8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm with the state of Missouri on this rumor...SHOW ME!!!

9. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

No this did not happen, I tivo'd it and absolutely did not hear this. Even if they did, the stats do not support this at all.

Come on lpgrl, you might as well get on the bandwagon, AI is the greatest since sliced bread, you better recognize.

10. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hate that I missed the game live, got tied up in a meeting that didn't end until late.

Glad to see AI continue to get acclimated, we will be a scary team in another 10 or so games and even scarier when Dice returns.

Dice will be sinking those 16 -17 footers like 40 goes north when you have our guards pentrating as they did last night.

Good win for the guys, now let's go into Boston and make a statement.

11. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Sounds like some typical fabricated ESPN bull**** to me. Keep in mind, JA Adande "broke" this story, and he doesn't like the Pistons. He's still bitter that his great 2004 team was on the wrong side of a 5 game sweep.

He's always referred to the Pistons as a "fluke," and stated that Dumars failed in the sense of trying to build an empire without a superstar, and by trading Billups, admitting that he was wrong.

But if anyone was griping about it, then you trade that certain someone. AI is sacrificing more than he's ever sacrificed before. We're getting more possessions to boot.

12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

- Has Amir ever seen a pump fake he didn't fall for? Never raise your arms above your head if you're sitting in the front row at a Pistons game.

- SHEED I don't mind any of his threes as long as he takes them in rhythm.

- With Stuckey in the game they were actually using Iverson as a decoy last night, running him through space to clear out some room that Stuckey drove through. Interesting play, and it was working.

- Vercinetorix (and Gibson) took the Cavs on that first quarter run that nearly did the Pistons in. Amazing how he can disrupt offenses.

- Maybe, just maybe AA can get some playing time now. I don't know what more you could have asked from him last night.

13. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

hehehe.
    horrible first half, great second half.
    as long as the progression is upwards i'm happy.

14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

First game back in the states, so first game of the year I have gotten to watch....

thoughts...

Amir hustles... but is still raw, get him mins but make them early for now...

Max looked like max to me last night... was it his return? If so I take credit for it :p

AI looked like a team player.... AA 3, was on a drive and kick, did billiups have the confidence in the young kids? AI already does.... really good sign.

Sheed looked 5 years younger... like he was happy to be playing again.... that means bad things for the rest of the league.

Coaching Coaching Coaching.... we found a group last night to start the 4th and Prince and Rip sat on the bench for a huge chunck of time....

Accountability, and Rewarding effort..... its so nice to see....

15. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

Also on penetrations to the rim by opposing players he always seems to jump up with his arms high instead of just staying with his feet on the floor and take a charge.

I have seen multiple games where he easily could have taken a charge but decided to jump.
    I know the vertical space above you is yours, etc, but refs rarely call for charges cause you move and usually you arms tend to go forward anyway.
    To

16. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

Also on penetrations to the rim by opposing players he always seems to jump up with his arms high instead of just staying with his feet on the floor and take a charge.

I have seen multiple games where he easily could have taken a charge but decided to jump.
    I know the vertical space above you is yours, etc, but refs rarely call for charges cause you move and usually you arms tend to go forward anyway.
    To bad cause Amir often has good def. position.

17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I like Coach MC.

This is only going to get better.

I like how he left AA and the subs in when they were hot and his post game press conference was interesting.

He was asked why he was getting on Sheed after the Cavs hit two consecutive threes. He said they had made some changes to the defensive rotations last week and Sheed was still doing it the old way. He blew the two defensive assignments.

He did it in a low key way and still praised Sheed for a good overall game. But it's clear he will hold players accountable for mistakes.

I like that.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think you just gave the Amir fangirls some ideas...

As it should be. You can't win if you coach not to lose, or you can't look your players in the eye.

19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

The guy on the left must not be his coach

[​IMG]

20. permaximum

permaximum Banned - Sent to NBDL

If you watch the games carefully after every shot taken by Iverson, Prince talks something with Sheed, sometimes MC. I think if someone gripes about AI taking too many shots, he can't be anyone else other than Prince.

For me AI and Rip plays well together opposed to the previous comments...Iverson also has talked about having confidence on young or new teammates after yesterday's game...Probably there is something a little bit wrong.