Cleveland: The Sheed Must Bleed Series

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by justise32, May 6, 2006.

1. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

He is not irrevelant to the basketball world. Just ask the Wizards.
    When his 3 point shot is on he is anything but irrevelant.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He can't defend. He can't play inside the arc. He's not a rebounder.

He's not even a starter on a lesser team this year. If not for his antics, he would be unknown.
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  4. Reve

Reve First Round Draft Pick

He would not have hit the game winning shot against the Wizards if he didn't wear that ugly jacket?

Maybe you have a different opinion then I which is fine but any player good enough to be on an NBA team is not irrevelant IMO.

Irrevelant players don't hit game winning shots. He has doen that in the past also.
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

was Horace Jenkins irrelevant? :nod:
    Rodney White? :nod:
    Tim Thomas for the past couple of years prior to landing in Phoenix? :nod:
  6. roscoe36

Damon Jones is good for some cheap laughs and a couple spot up 3s. That's it.

This series could go 6 or 7 now despite Sheed's guaransheed. They made a big mistake giving up Game 3.
  7. roscoe36

This series is not a done deal.

If Detroit doesn't display signs of domination in the first half tonight, I shudder to think what will happen in the fourth quarter.
  8. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

Have you stopped shuddering yet?
  9. roscoe36

I'm a conflicted man. Even if my brain says they are in trouble, my heart makes me hope.

One of the guys in our fantasy league is local and we chatted right before I made that post. I diagrammed how a loss would go down and I was right.

Don't get me wrong, I also diagrammed how a win would play out but needless to say, we didn't score 30 points in any one quarter, shoot better than 35% from 3, or cause mayhem with blocks and steals.

Close games, Jordan Junior will ascend. It is the way the NBA works.

Game 6 can't be a close road game. They need to blow the roof off, rain bombs, foul hard, run, run, run. If the Cleveland crowd is into it at the end of the third Q, in a close game, I'm turning off my TV and listening to homer Blaha while I chain smoke myself into a stupor.

Believe me, it hurts a lot less when you don't have to watch, and George shines up the collapse. One of the few times his homerism comes in handy.

We can get this. If they play well. Will they? Film at 11:00 on Friday. I'll have the chat lounge fixed by then.
  10. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

I was in the stands when Jordon got over on the bad boys. I had to listen to the cat calls from the Bulls fans. Last night looked and felt soooo much like that game. The Cavs didn't look surprised to beat this team, they expected to.. This group has proved that they can win with their backs against the wall, so I still have faith.

Many things will change if there is a second round exit. I don't believe Joe will sit pat if he thinks the team is regressing.
  11. Robert Michael

Robert Michael First Round Draft Pick

:doh: :frusty: :confused: :confused: :redface: :loco: :humble: :noidea: :closed_2: :sleep: :whip: :puke: :twitch: :spy: :rip: :tape: :sick:

My many moods during last nights game. I am bewildered. I have been drinking coffee all day to keep myslef moving. I am despondent. Anyone have any anti-depressants?

I hope we can pull it out, but this feels all wrong. all wrong.

sheed has me so pissed. i think he lost his mind on purpose last night to get yanked. I really do. he looked so happy on the sidelines. i think he should be benched for the start of the next game. let dice start. sheed has given us nothing but bad quotes and turnovers.

what is flip doing to give us a leg up? his defensive schemes suck. terrible. what happened to man on man? Detroit Basketball?

Even though Sheed was killing us, I think we should have had Sheed, Dice, Ben, Rip, and Tay in the game to close out last night. Make Clev adjust to us. We are always on our heals in the last 3 games.

I have serious doubts about Flip. I am ready to bail on him.
  12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good post R.M..

I've tried all morning to write something...anything...but nothing sounded right. This is basically what I'm feeling/thinking too. Just add "shocked" to what you said.