Clipper Ships Set Defensive Record Tonight

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Mar 4, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Gave up only 64 points vs the Pacers, which set a franchise best for fewest points allowed in a game.

:hoops:
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I watched this game and the Pacers had only 46 points with 4 minutes left in the game as they just continued to throw up bricks from both field and the free throw line and continued to turned the ball over to the point-guardless Clippers.

The NBA record for fewest points is 49 set by da bulls in 1999 vs the Heat. I was rooting for a new record, but then Dunleavy thru in the scrubs once the lead got to 35 and the Pacers scrubs began to score and pumped in 18 points in less than 3.5 minutes to make the loss look more respectable.
  3. Sycamore Sam

Sycamore Sam First Round Draft Pick

There's a fine line between Pacers "scrubs" and "starters" these days.
    That team has quit on Carlisle and I find it unacceptable that Bird said an NBA coach has about a 3 year span and yet they gave him an extension this summer.
  4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Yea I saw the game too.

Had to love that one on one play when Michael D. crashed into his dad on the sidelines. I never saw papa Dunleavy smile so widely in my life.

I was wondering if papa Dunleavy would have caught O'Neal or would he have let him crash into the table and chairs?

P.S. I never knew that the Candi man had changed his name.

P.P.S. How about that play when Tinsley dribbled between Kaman's legs. I don't think I have ever seen that one except at a Globetrotter game. Heck, I don't think Magic or Zeke ever did that in a regular season game, at least not one that I can remember.

:hoops:
  5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

he did?

remember in the playoffs when we had a 30-4 run against the pacers, their only 4 points coming off of free throws on non-fouls that were called? sounds like that organization is doomed for low scoring records :O
  6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

64 points....someone tell me again "Why is Rick carlisle a head coach and Terry Porter is not?"
  7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Doesn't matter...it's called player power. Being a GM and coach has its advantageous.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Could this be the first sign of the Clippering/Knicking/ Raptoring/stinking to high heaven of the Pacers? Ohhhh, I so hope they start to wallow in their own Indy Colt waste/second team filth.