Clueless Coach or Dumb Dumards

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by KGREG, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I agree Bill...

2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I see I chose the only logic alternative - "coach sucks so keep him!"

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We're not as bad as our 0-3 record suggests, we could easily be 3-0 but we're not as good as that record would have suggested if we had it.

The 0-3 start is on the coach, we were up 8 with 100secs to play in NJ, we were up 1 with 7.5 secs play against OKC, we were up 21 in the 3rd qtr in Chi. In all of those games the coach failed to micro-coach the roster down the stretch and/or failed to make any adjustments down the stretch. This season I've seen some good things from this squad that show we can make the playoffs. Imagine if you will, a healthy and improved JJ on the roster playing for his next contract, we definitely would be 3-0.

Now we have a huge glaring in the middle and there's nothing Joe is going to be able to do about that this season unless he wants to overpay for the services of Anderson Varejao. But if this team can compete (the way it has been) with Ben and Max playing center then we can have a very productive season.

My biggest issue with Joe is his refusal to move Rip, Rip is the reason why Monroe is not playing. Monroe isn't playing because most teams (us included) don't play more than 4 bigs, Ben, Max, CV, and Austin Daye. Now 1 of those bigs is playing because of the gimmick lineup we are forced to throw out on the court so that Rip can get run. If Rip was gone we could get T-Mac minutes as the backup SG (his natural position) and Daye run at the backup SF (his natural position) that would allow Monroe time on the floor as the 4th big. Now I'm willing to wait, I'll wait until the trade deadline, but if he doesn't nothing by then.............

There are 3 players who need to go like yesterday, Rip, Max, and CV, in all that's about $25Mill in salary, add in Tay and Wilcox's $14Mill and we're looking at clearing almost $40 mill of the boks next season. Next season Oden, Chandler, DeAndre Jordan, Dalembert, Pryzbilla will all be free agents, but none of that will matter to us if Joe can't clear unneeded and unwanted salary.

4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Great post KGREG.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Sorry for all the bad typos! But think about this we've played 2 playoff teams, 1 we we're beating to a pulp, the other we stood toe to toe with, that means that this roster is capable. I'm noticing a few early trends that are common when we play our best basketball (1) Stuckey and Gordon can be a really great backcourt, when those 2 have it going we're a really good team. (2)T-Mac is a really good basketball player and when he's moving reasonably well the team plays well and we get really good ball movement and really good shots.

6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I do not think Dumars refuses stubbornly to trade rip. For his contract and age and playing style - practically impossible to find a suitor.

for rebuilding teams he is too old, for contenders - all have starting SGs; rip and benching, we already know.

but the good thing is that at the next, postlockout season trade deadline rip's practically expiring contract will be very hot commodity.

seems that we have to live with it.

7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

and with pending trade, big trades are taboo.

But regardles of that, everyone is waiting for practically expiring rip's deal anyway - no reason to give away something valuable for 1-2 year service

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am not so certain about this statement....

9. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Sooo true man!

I keep saying that!! Stuckey and Daye are NO STARS.. and Monroe's Future is debatable yet.. I like the guy, especially what I saw tonight in 18 minutes against the Celtics.

10. Nemo

Thank you...I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt that way.

11. Nemo

Tayshaun Prince, who got into it verbally with some hecklers behind the Pistons bench late in Tuesday night's loss, fired right back at his head coach when told about Kuester's postgame comments. "Lacking vocal leadership?"

"That ain't the only thing that's lacking," said Prince, who finished with 10 points, one rebound and one assist against the Celtics. "(Kuester) could put it towards us and we could put it towards him. It can go either way. It starts with all of us." … "He's right, but at the same time, it goes both ways. We can sit here and continue to get on each other and be vocal. But like I said, the right thing's got to come from him as well as us. It goes both ways. If he wants to say we've gotta be more vocal, he's got to do some things better, too. I mean, obviously, we're 0-4 so it ain't just the team. It's everybody."

From The Detroit News: Four games in, Pistons already look like a team in crisis | detnews.com | The Detroit News

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

They are making a movie about the Pistons management. It will be called

DUMB AND DUMARDS

[​IMG]

13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Well now, we now know that Ben Gordon, Rip and now Tay have zero respect for this coach and have no faith in his abilities, might have something to do with playing Austin Daye at every position on the court except the one he's actually good at. We've gone from greatness to goats we are the new LA Clips, no wait they actually have size up front

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

"It starts with all of us. He's right, but at the same time it goes both ways."

What in God's name is he blathering on about?

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Let's not forget Joggin' Rodney and Big Ben.

From The Detroit News: Celtics easily dispatch lifeless Pistons | detnews.com | The Detroit News

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

"Celtics easily dispatch lifeless Pistons."

What a hilarious headline. So understated, but cutting. I think it is the word "dispatch" that makes it cool. IF YOU COME INTO OUR BUILDING, WE WILL DISPATCH YOU!

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And that my fellow fans was a snapshot of what the Piston defense has looked like this season. Pierce dared a Piston to come over and at least put a hand in his face but not a nary one of them even thought about it.

18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Exactly! 3 point shooting has become one of the staples of the NBA offense and we are probably the worst team in the league about defending that shot. At the moment our perimeter defensive strategy is to hope that the opposing teams are so bewildered to be left so wide open that the element of surprise causes them to miss the shot.

19. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I was going to defend both guys but the comments by the coach after the Boston game was boneheaded at best. It reminds me of when you're frustrated at yourself for not reaching your own expectation so you find faults in everyone else.

Good players can make a mediocre coach look good. It takes exceptional coaching to get mediocre players to look good. We have neither. So everyone looks bad.

Hopefully we get a good lottery pick that pans out for all this. ​

20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

How sad is that?

4 games into the season and people only have lottery picks next year to look forward to? :(