Cola, Lb 4 Lb and Flipper

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 29, 2005.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

BerBs, we almost did [play 40 min. per starter] and we didn't win the 'ship.
  2. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

FSFS Club

I assume we can do "clubs" in here. Well I'm callin the Flip Sanders Fence-Sitters club to order. I am cautiously optimistic yet firmly on the fence. Based on pre-season, he at least looks like he knows what he's doing. But the lack of former NBA players on his coaching staff is troublesome to me. Let's see how he handles adversity.

BTW, besides SA Pops and Chuck Daly; when was the last time a non former NBA player coached a team to the championship? I prefer the tried and true.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons Coaching Staff

Although he never logged a lot of minutes, Sidney Lowe was in the NBA for 4 seasons. He also played on the Jimmy Valvano NC State championship team in 1983.

Ron Harper played 15 seasons in the NBA and has 5 NBA Championship rings (2 with the Lakers, 3 with the Bulls). He was a 20ppg-scorer in his first 10 seasons so he is a legitimate NBA contributor.

I don't think the current staff could be any worse than last year's. I felt that the departure of Woodson and LB's brother was a big loss the summer after the championship.
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

FSFS Club

I'd like to get in on the FSFS club Hatter is starting but I'd like to find a way to work the word genius in there somehow.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

fence sitters

Only you could be on the fence about joining a Fence-Sitters club.
  6. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Knicks Are Now Zip Up and 2 Down

and haven't look good doing it.

I am sure this is not what Zeke had in mind when he hired Brown.

Personally it saddens me that Zeke went this route because I like Zeke and think he could have done better with respect to hiring a coach given the players on the Knicks squad.

Certain coachs fit in better with certain players and certain coaches don't fit in at all with certain players.

I am not sure Brown will make much progress if any in N.Y. as his personality and coaching style may not fit well with the current Knick squad and I understand that the Knicks have some serious payroll cap problems.
  7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Its still very early Buddah. Brown's full impact won't be felt until we get down to the wire and into the playoffs.

If you remember, the Pistons didn't exactly come charging out of the gate the past 2 seasons and they ended up ok in the end.

It will take a while for the Knicks to buy in to LB's system. Especially Starbury.
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

... and it will take LB a while to decided which 7 guys to go with and which of the rest of them will be buried at the end of the bench. :eyebrows:
  9. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Not Holding My Breath

The difference is that the Pistons

1. Had (Have) a lot more talent than this Knick bunch
    2. Brown didn't teach them the work ethic that they have. That came during he COLA era.

In order to teach and get results you:

1. Need to have students with the ability (Knicks don't have that)
    2. Need to have students with the right attitude. (I doubt Brown will succeed very much changing the attitude of the group he has in N.Y.)

People sometimes forget that the Pistons chemistry is somewhat unique among pro hoops teams. A lot of it comes from the players themselves and Joe. D.
  10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

just to piggy back on this conversation...

I am actually really impressed with the youth on this team. Lee, Robinson, and Frye look alright so far. I predict alot of movement this year. Can't see Crawford, Quentin, James and the rest of the bozoos staying in NY long in the new LB era.
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Sounds like a plan... but I gotta admit we don't look much like genius's sitting on this pointy ass fence like roosters.... I'm about to jump over to Flip's yard... the grass is greener on this side of the septic!
  12. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

LB will make playas out of the rooks. Unfortunately (if you're a Knick fan), 3-4 years from now, they'll be helping other teams, while the Knicks are still in the lottery. And as good as Larry will make these guys, they'll never be better than good role players coming off the bench. The Knicks need talent, not a bunch of Scalabrines. And there is nothing wrong with players like him, every team needs one, what no team needs is a starting lineup filled with lo skill, hi energy players.