1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

colts lose

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by himat, Jan 15, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

what a game. steelers up 21-3 going in to the 4th. in the third manning called off the punters on 4th down and threw a complete pass, then in the 4th he threw a td pass. after a long drive the colts stopped the steelers and threw an interception, but it was ruled that it was still colts possesion. colts make a touchdown and a 2 point converstion to get within a field goal. the colts stop the steelers again but manning gets sacked to the 2 yard line, and throws and incomplete pass on 4th down with only a minute and a half to go. jerome bettis fumbeled the ball and indy recovered and got about half way down the fiel. manning couldn't make the TD pass. so indy had to kick a 46 yard field goal which went wide right. who saw that game? hearbreaker for colts, but i was rooting for philly.

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

After the "interception" by the Steelers that was reversed, I shut the game off. :doh: I can't believe they reversed it. People talking about this being a great game. Looks like the Colts underachieved the whole game and the Steelers almost gave it away with the Bettis fumble. I kind of smile at the Vanderjagt miss, remembering his drunk azz calling out his teammates and Manning a few years back. Feel bad for Dungy. The guy and his family have been through a lot. Some winning football might have eased the pain for him, I dunno. I'll root for the Steelers against the Broncos, as Denver is another sport city (along with Indy) that I absolutely loathe (because of Patrick Roy and the Avalanche). Wow, the NFL door is open now. If Pitt runs the table, what a great story for Bettis in what might be his last season.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

#59 was cheering his teammate on instead of blocking a guy he was running in front of. If he blocks, he gives his player room to run to avoid Ben.
    Steelers 22
    Broncs 17

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Peyton

Was this a classic choke? Didn't seem like it to me. Peyton's numbers were OK. He got sacked five times, which indicates to me that Pitt blitzed a lot and brought the pain consistently. Pitt is just much better than a No. 6 seed. They're playing well at the right time. I just hope it doesn't get branded as a Manning choke because I don't think that is accurate. Pitt just came in more ready to play. They seem to relish the underdog role.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Re: Peyton

manning made a lot of clutch plays, they just came up short on the comeback. i'm glad the nba playoffs are a series because then there is a lass chance of an upset.

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I feel bad for Dungy. 2 great teams, Bucs and Colts and he just can't seem to win the big one. Great game though!

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Great game...the Steelers deserved the win

The over-ruled interception was a joke...NFL officiating grey-matter

Glad 'the bus' still has a chance to come home

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'd like to see Cowher and Bettis win a championship. They deserve it. Hines Ward too. Detroit wishes they had a hard nosed scrappy defensive team like Pittsburgh.

9. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

On that note Grimm is still unable to be offered the job here in D-Town. So my question to yous guys.Hard nosed or not from what we know of him and he is under Cowher who I respect.Does the fact that Millen wants him scare you?I'am all for it but if he is getting the job because they were buddies scares me.

Bringing in an unproven head coach could be good or a Mornigwiegh.

10. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

i love the fact that the colts lost. when the pacers lose in the first round the city will burn just kidding the fact is i hate watching peyton yes he is a great qb but i would like to see him not audible for a whole game i think that would throw the other team off.
    i think matt wants grimm because he looks like a fatter version of himself :laugh:

i think it could be what our team needs he would pay attention to little details that have caused us to get our teeth kicked in. At least our oline would improve that would be worth it right there.