conference power

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Jan 21, 2006.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Going into the season everyone here probably thought it would be detroit and san antonio in the finals. before the season started i thought it would be tougher for the pistons to get back there than the spurs because i thought that the pistons would be average early in the season because they were getting used to flip's coaching.

Also i thought san antonio would only have to deal with a amareless suns team, and a mavericks team in the regular season while detroit would have to deal with miami indy cleveland and new jersey.

I thought because of this detroit would have a tough time getting homecourt and the pistons would have to probably beat the spurs on the road in game 6 or 7. the pistons though have dominated and there have been many more good teams in the west than the east.

2. max

max All-Star

Couple of East teams I thought would be in contention are not due to events.

Obviously Indy with the Artest situation. Also the Bulls were looking real strong at the end of last season. Seemed to have traded away their frontcourt.

Cleveland is having a good season but cannot win the big games on the road.

Milw is a surprise as well as NJ. NJ appears to be making a comeback and could finish out as the Easts 3rd best team. But they do need all 3 Jefferson, Kidd and Carter to stay healthy. They have not been winning when 1 of the 3 is out.

Also look for Miami to make a 2nd half surge. I doubt they will come close to last seasons record of 59.