Consider playing Daye in a 22 pt. blowout situation...maybe

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Slippy, Jan 1, 2012.

1. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't want to rag on the guy, but here is some more not so illustrious company for Mr Daye. Using basketball reference's always useful player finder I input the following:
    1. Players averaging more than 10 minutes per game (eliminate the true scrubs) and appeared in more than 5 games in a season;
    2. Including the history of the NBA

Result:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com...6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=per&order_by_asc=Y

I don't know if Sherwin Raiken is still alive, but he must be feeling a little happier wherever he is.
  2. S.J.

S.J. Bench Warmer Forum Donor

There is no one here else to blame but us, the Pistons fans who loves our rookies too much and said things like "Daye might be the steal for the Draft" or "Daye need to work out his body and he will be a hell of a player".

I think Daye is spending too much time with CV in Twitter and less time with Ben Wallace in the gym.
  3. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm pretty sure that Sherwin Raiken posts here at PF under the name Woody.
  4. max

max All-Star

Looks like its safe to say that he is off to a rough start so far.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We had a Jermaine Jackson? I don't remember him.
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Could you translate this to hip-hop artists for me?
    dba likes this.
  7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'll take this TaS...
    If Greg Monroe represents Jay-Z, then Maxiel would be somewhere near the equilvalent to MC Stabmaster Arson or Jeopardy host Alex Trebek.
    coynejeremy and BillLaimbeer like this.
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

9. S.J.

S.J. Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I read that, it's simply the truth. Daye is really out of sync
  10. J-Train

J-Train Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I love Daye's talent. He's simply not putting it together. He's continuously regressed. It's all confidence. It's up to him to find a way to contribute. Having said that, I wouldn't give him up for anything other than a building block towards a really good team.

He would obviously be PART of a trade for a building block, since he's looked horrific.
  11. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Is this Amir all over again........potential, potential, potential?
  12. J-Train

Probably. Still, how many players on this roster do you see with potential? I'm not seeing too many.

If you can't get anyone good for Daye, and I don't think that we can, then let it play out. This team desperately needs somebody who can stroke a shot from the outside on the wing. As bad as Daye's been this year, historically, that's what he can do. There are only two players on this entire team who I would feel uncomfortable about trading. Daye isn't one of them. Still, let's do some risk/reward thinking here.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I like Monroe, Jerekbo, Knight.

Spot-up 3-point shooters are ONLY good if you have a player that can force double teams or break down his man off the dribble.
  14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

He was supposed to be Nowitzki 2.0. He's looking more like Kyle Korver 2.0, just not as accurate.
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

It's refreshing to see that the coach can actually identify the issues. It would've taken 12 years for Kuester to figure out why Daye wasn't hitting his shots.
  16. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You don't need confidence to play defence. You don't need confidence to provide energy, rebound, hustle, or be a good team mate. Who knows, maybe you make a few good plays on defence and all a sudden the coach gives you some more minutes.

The game is played on both ends.
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Agreed. I don't have anything against Austin, but it seems the only thing he really has going for him is his shot, and if his shot ain't falling...
  18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

we can talk potential all we want... but really....

to this point... Daye is CV without a track record of putting up meaningless points...

Points come and go, but defense is a constant... energy is a constant... hustle is a constant.... if you can't bring those every night then you'll be on the bench, and I for one am grateful we seem to have a coach that is holding folks accountable.
  19. J-Train

You're 100% right. I'm not advocating giving the kid any minutes. His defense has actually REGRESSED since the beginning of last year. I don't know how that even happens to a player his age. With his length and feet, he should at least be able to stay in front of guys and bother some shots. He needs to get his act together. I'm just not ready to give up on him quite yet.
  20. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I disagree. Back up bigs have career nights against us. If you have a fantasy team, you play the guy facing the pistons because he's bound to go off in the stat sheet. We are not a stalwart defensive team.

Wilkins started out blowing assignments on D. He got better over time. His offense was crap as well for the first 5 games then it got mediocre.
    Prince. WTF. For a guy that has a reputation for defense, I'm not seeing it. Or rather, I'm not seeing it 100% of the time or even 65%.

Gordon. sheesh!
    Knight. yeah he's trying.

So Daye blew 2 assignments in the 5 mintues he was out there. There was only one time where I shouted at the TV for a huge mistake. Frank shouted too. And Daye came out. This team makes mistakes. A lot of them. if we made less mistakes, we'd win ourselves out of a top 4 lottery spot. Let Daye get into a flow. yell at him on the court for mistakes so he can try to fix that. What will it change? Will it cost us games?