Construct a trade for Rasheed

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Ozarkruffrider, May 31, 2008.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

I think you're right. That arrow doesn't look real.
  2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Sweet!!!! Now we have a backup for Tayshaun Prince............Tayshaun Prince, 'cause I'd start Corey M.
  3. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Menphis trade is very good for us.
    Conley is perfect adittion for Stuckey. Marc gasol(if he don´t stay in barcelona) is the mvp player of Spanish league(the second important after nba league), a pure powerfull center,just we need, younger with rookie salary.
    darko from the bench is very good adition also.

I think is a steal, Menphis don´t permet this trade,but it will be perfect for Pistons.:)
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Miller is a great addition. I wonder if there could be a three way to toss Darko LA's way for something. He could make a serious difference playing in the triangle.

It's a fire sale at Memphis - you never know what they might do.
  5. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho First Round Draft Pick

I don't think they will trade their second Gasol in 12 months!

Try this trade on for size.

Then trade Sheed to Charlotte for some short term conctracts and the #9 (LB isn't giving up Gerald Wallace, stop dreaming...). This gets us yonuger, better at positions of need (C and PF), gives us a good backup PG and gives us the #9 overall in a deep draft (which could turn into Brook Lopez, DeAndre Jordan, D.J. Augustin, etc.).
  6. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Way to get that to work. I could not get any of those trades to work because of BYC bull%%%% with Chauncey.

After the BYC comes off I'd like to take Outlaw/Jack/Frye.

I don't think they are giving up Frye and Aldrige, they are both essentially the same player.

Sick team

5. Oden/Prisbilla
    4. Aldridge/ LaFrentz
    3. Webster/Jones
    2. Roy/Billups
    1. Billups/Blake/Rodriquez

Sick Team

5. Sheed/Dyess/Samb
    4. Aldridge/Max/Amir
    3. Tay/Outlaw
    2. Rip/Afflalo
    1. Stuckey/Jack

Then you can move some of the frontcourt glut of guys if you need to.
  7. Mike Honcho

They need to move some players (too many people under contract) and they are CRAZY deep at PF PLUS they still would have their draft pick. I think they would at least consider it. Maybe we would need to throw a future pick their way or some cash...
  8. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

I agree on all parts except them dealing both Frye and Aldridge.

They've got 3 PG's, and 2 very good SF's, but none of them are vet's.

We could probably get the #15 and 5 guys (anybody except Roy, Oden, Aldridge*) for tay and billups and a 2nd rounder or two.

* Maybe could get him
  9. Mike Honcho

I've never heard that they are all that high on Frye. I am sure they don't WANT to give up Aldridge but you have to give up something to get something and as I said this would immediately put the team in the playoffs.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Aldridge is untouchable. I'm not that sold or impressed with Jack,Outlaw and Webster either, but if we could get them & their 1st pick..........pull the trigger.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

OK, playing fake GM is my favorite part of the season :MusicBigGrin: The free-agent signing period and draft time...I LOVE IT!!!! Try this one on for size:
    We send out Billups, Prince, Maxiel and Rasheed. ($36,107,572 in salary)
    Denver sends out: Melo & Nene ($24,090,581)
    Indiana sends out Jermaine O'Neal ($21,352,500)

Den gets: Billups, Prince & Maxiel. ($22,427,572)
    Ind gets: Wallace and Nene ($23,360,000)
    WE GET!!!!!!!! Melo and J-O. ($ 35,763,081) The trade works but until june 30 Melo and CB are under the BYC restriction.

New Lineup:
    PG: Stuckey /Dixon
    SG: Rip /AA
    SF: Melo /Rip/AA
    PF: AJ /Dyess/ FA or Draft
    C: Jermaine O'Neal /Dyess /Samb /Theo /FA or Draft.

Oh man, what a starting lineup, I mean this is a lineup that can get the job done big time. Remember the ECF title is going to go through Clev, Bos, or Orl. You need a great SF to get by Lebron, Hedo and Pierce and a healthy J-O is a 20/10 player all day long.
  12. Mike Honcho

JO is WAY overrated. He hasn't been the same in at least 3 years. Once the ball goes into him it is lost forever because he NEVER passes out. Lastly, how is he any sort of improvement over Sheed? He has at least as bad of an attitude problem.
  13. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

I like your thinking. However, as Mike points out, I'm not sure it improves our big situation - although Melo may make up for that.

What would really concern me more is the lack of ball handlers we could experience. Stuckey and Dixon have adequate handles, but neither is exceptional. I would classify both Rip and Aflalo as below average ball handlers. We've relied on Prince to be our secondary ball handler; with him gone can Melo fill that role? I'm not so sure he can - although I haven't seen as much of him as I probably should in order to make that judgement.

I shudder to think that we may depend on Rip to help out with the ball handling duties.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Here's the funny thing, if you run your offense correctly, ball handling becomes a non-issue. It's only an issue when your PG is handling the ball for 19 of the 24 secs in a possession.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Jermaine O'Neal will give you at least 18ppg & 9rpg. Jermaine gives you the production everynight, compared to Sheed who gives it to you only when the competition is worthy of it. The truth is, I prefer Sheed, but I've grown tired of the ADD gig he plays. A healthy JO is still one of the premiere PF/C in the league on both ends of the court, and I'm willing to gamble on his health, especially with the best trainer in the NBA (Arnie) on staff.
  16. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Does he have any dependable person to pass it out to? Pacers have been pretty sad as of late.

Plus everytime he plays terrible, we could throw popcorn and beer on him.
  17. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Co-sign, wake up people we are not in the year 2002.
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yes yes yes. There is sanity in the world, after all, isn't there? Thank you, friends!
  19. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I would trade Rasheed to Charlotte for their ninth pick and then draft the seven foot Kosta Koufos of Ohio State. Oh yeah, the boy can play.

Of course, I haven't seen where he is projected to go. A ninth pick may be too high for him.
  20. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

True. We want guys that can make good team-oriented decisions with the ball - and then execute the decision with out turning the ball over. I guess that's what I'm really trying to communicate. CB, Tay, and Sheed generally do this well. Low turnovers is crucial to playoff success; and this is something we should bear in mind while putting a roster together.

That being said, we still need some guys that can handle the ball well enough to create a shot for themselves.