1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Could Ai be traded AGAIN? Peter Vecsey article

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Ozarkruffrider, Jan 25, 2009.

1. max

max All-Star

What about promoting Cowens or Walker? Either would be better than Curry right now.

2. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

HIRE AVERY JOHNSON!!!!

Don't trade AI unless your going to get a Amar'e or Bosh.

And I hate how everyone (who's being a negative nancy / media) just blames AI.

3. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

I think everyone (including AI) knew that if it didnt work out he would get more blame then anyone else. Although i think AI is 2nd in the blame game behind Curry...

4. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

thank you for stating the obvious...

5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

thank you. you said exactly what i was going to say, and it tops any other 10-paragraph analysis anyone else is doing. we're halfway through the season and we changed coaches, systems, point guards, and team dynamics. guess what, we're still 24-18.

you can't underestimate consistency and how it affects whether we win regular season games. we've got 40 games to go with some stability. we have a better chance at peaking toward the end of the season against easy opponents and a lot of home games which is what we want anyway.

you're right, which is why i don't think we'll see major tweaks anymore. whether we start kwame or amir is NOT a big deal...getting away from starting small ball, having rip work half the season as the 6th man, that should be just long enough for things to come together.

now, things may or may not come together. joe might make another trade or deal or he might not. to me it's fun not knowing. for all of you to throw in the towel because we're 24-18 and going through some growing pains, well, have fun with that...but i guarantee i'll be having more fun rooting for my team to find its way and hoping for the best.

oh and since we're talking trades, you could do sheed for amare straight up (both fan bases aren't exactly pleased with their play right now). not that i'm advocating...just tossing it out there. :)

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey I resemble that remark!!:gaah:
    [​IMG]

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

2 things that piss me off. One AI is not the problem its our dumb*** coach. We have been wanting a guy who can slash into the paint for years. We have him now and its going to waste. Second when Joe says "this is a transition year" it really ticks me off. We have as much talent on this team as we did in years past. You could argue that we are even deeper. We have a legitimate 10-12 player rotation that could be used but yet again we don't make use of it.

I was watching the Celtics-Mavs game on ABC and now I am watching the Lakers-Spurs game. We used to be able to compete with those guys despite the lack of star power. We have AI now. One of the best guards of the decade. The best little man since Isiah. Why throw in the towel now? As good as Chuancey was we finally have a player who can take over the end of a game and we can't take advantage of it. Mr. Big Shot could rarely take over the end of games. He hits one big shot, but he never took over games.

I can except a poor season when the pieces aren't there, but we have the damn pieces. And as far as the front court goes Sheed obviously can't handle the whole load so give Kwame some time. I have liked what I have seen from him. The guy tries.

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

And also Orlando is doing amazing this year. Orlando. The team we have humiliated the last 2 years. There is no reason why this team should feel so sorry for themselves and throw the season away. I was angry when Curry said this was a transition year, but now Joe D. is even saying it? Sad

9. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

how is it NOT a transition year? new coach, new PG. transition doesn't mean giving up, it just means going through change. it takes time to integrate AI too.

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

AI is not even the problem man. He isn't being selfish. That little speech about how it's all the players fault and how we have to come together is the first good thing I have heard from a player/coach on this team since the start of this season's struggles. Screw this team. I hope AI shoots over 30 shots today and helps us win the game. Even though he's trying to mesh in he's still getting blamed so he might as well play now.

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

When the coach and Joe say it's a transition year after people ask them why the team is struggling it sounds like an excuse to me. You know when people asked that question before the coach would say something about our defense (LB) or something about our offensive efficiency (Flip) (yes I will even take that at this point).

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am not sure about that.... both had chances before and whatever success that was has not carried over here. Cowens seems to show as much interest as Sheed sometimes....

I might as some have said go with Avery IF he was really interested...or even VanGundy...or even Laimbeer as an interim if it gets really bad....

But as most have said, nothing will probably happen even though MC IS the problem IMHO.

13. max

max All-Star

The question I would have is what are we transitioning to? Teams say that when they have a young core. Only young guy developing is Rodney Stucky. Kind of betting it all on making a big splash in the FA market.

Our frontcourt may not be enough to win a title this year. Thats the thing. But things should be better than they have been.

14. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

This is stupid. Why trade him? We can't just wait until he expires? And sucks to say that AI's value is at an all time low.

But Joe, for the love of God, FIND A TAKER FOR SHEED!

15. The Palace Artest

exactly. we don't have **** right now. Rolling with Stuck, Rip, Tay, and a bunch of role players.

16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If our frountcourt isn't good enough this year it hasn't been good enough since Ben left. Yet we still managed to get into the thick of things. We may have lost the last few years, but the team never gave up and felt sorry for themselves like they have this year.

17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

where are you getting that? if anything that's what the fans are doing...

18. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

I'm thinking more and more that the trade was all about capspace. It doesn't seem like it was thought through at all.

19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If we were to resign AI what's the most you would pay for his services? As of right now.
    me, I would start by low balling him at $13.5M per
    but would barter up to $14.5M per

20. The Palace Artest

I'm really sick of hearing about all this **** being a "team in transition." Especially from places like Pistons.com (Langlois more specifically). That phrase just reeks of euphemism for "a team still in disarray." There is no way in hell that a transition should take over half of the damn season.

I'm getting fed up with the people in the Pistons brass spinning this like it's all some sort of master plan for the future. Truth is, most of those FA's are standing pat.