Could our back court be lethal?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lovingj, Jul 6, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey is like the guy at the bar who has no problem with rejection. He'll just keep it up until he scores and then immediately tries again.
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Stuck would actually be good for the Lions in a Goal Line Offense situation.

(...assuming that the Lions could ever get close enough to the goal line to warrant using a goal-line offense.)
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

What I see with Gordon, Villanueva and to a certain extent Daye is giving Stuckey the room to be the most effective.
  4. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Daye is suppose to be a project with upside, so my bet is clearly on the Swede, Summers, then Daye. I can't wait till NBA 2K10 comes out.
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Do not forget Washington. I mean, the other Washington, not that famous one - yet.
  6. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Good insight. If AJ is the coach, he needs to gain a buffer. His personality is too strong over the long duration. All great coaches balance themselves with opposites.

Mo Cheeks would be an excellent addition to his staff.
  7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

My bet is on Washington. Jordan and Wade have that cockiness while-in-the-air movement. You see flashes of that in Washington.

He needs to quickly get into the mix....slamed down hard of few hundred times and then he learns how to go around obstacles while still on the air currents.
  8. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Stuckey and Gordon will be one of the top pair of guards in the league inside two years. Please hold me to it if it doesn't happen.
  9. max

max All-Star

What if we had not gotten Gordan and CV? Can you imagine how our team would have looked then?

I think it's not very reasonable to expect Dumars to put together a 2004 type team in 1 year. It took 3 years the last time so we will see now.
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Much better IMO. We would still have the ability to go after a real cornerstone player.

It wouldn't look pretty next year if we signed no one, but i don't think believe these were the best deals we could have had even this year.
  11. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

You have to sell tickets though. that's another important component of running an organization.

Running out Stuck, Rip, Prince, Dice, Kwame, Max, Amir, and Afflalo just wasn't going to fly with the fans.
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I get that, but i believe there were better deals avalaible this year. It's good to decisive, but IMO Joe jumped the gun.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Do you? Everyone always says that, but none of y'all actually present a logical one. And please save me the Chris Bosh wants out of Toronto so let's send them Walter Sharpe, Hooper and a pack of Jolly Ranchers....so they don't lose him for nothing rant.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I love Jolly Ranchers.
  15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

wow. strong statement. but I'm afraid you have nothing to support it.
  16. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

Lol Mo Cheeks?Look at Louis Williams he should have been the main PG for 76ers,but he's still combo guard.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If Joe didn't jump the gun, he came really close. He had ninja-like quickness in his signings.

And you have to admit, Gordon and Villanueva are a new direction for Joe D. Since when does he try to lock up players who are known to be weak defenders?
  18. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

That's why a lot of us are calling for Sammy Meija to be brought back. You get the defensive toughness and a guy who can back up all 5 positions. It's all about balance.
  19. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

If Joe didn't act this year, the team was on a one way trip to the lottery with no guaranteed return any time soon. The team was aging before our eyes and the youth were a series of low draft picks as a result of the Pistons success in the standings for so many years, most of whom, couldn't shoot. Not good. Our only real draft pick this decade was the Darko pick. Ouch!
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Boozer is apparently available, Chandler is/was, Amare could possibly be, Trevor Ariza, a trade w/ HOU would have been possible, Vince Carter, possibly Rudy Fernandez, Richard Jefferson, etc.

It doesn't have to be an outright FA signing. People have talked at length about the trades that we could have made being able to absorb the cap space, and furthermore in the coming year when the cap shrunk.

Joe jumped the gun. He signed the first two players available/that he liked and poof capspace gone. We will be mediocre next year, and llikely the years after that w/ this current line-up in place. In order to improve we have no other option now than trades (and possibly drafting, but i wouldn't count on that), and not a whole lot of assests.

I was never one of those people advocating fantasy trades. I know the difference between a realistic move and Walter Sharpe and Jason Maxiel for Amare.

Even more puzzling. I could understand his obsession w/ Gordon ala Vinnie Johnson type player, but CV? We've slowly been transfomiung into a team that pays lip service to being defensive and have contnually gotten worse. It's not that hard to figure out.