Could The Iverson/Pistons Problem Have Been Fixed?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by indiefan23, Apr 10, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Rip, AI, and MC all deserve a 2nd change to see if they can make it work.
  2. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

What did they change into the first time...???
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'd roll with this exact team next year (including AI) and hope the chemistry clicks.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That's some fine smileying right there!
  5. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

couldn't hurt...
  6. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

It could work if maybe you changed the coach, lol.

There is no evidence that AI quit, I thought we agreed that he had been acquitted of this charge. Anyway, I think you need to subpoena Dumars to give evidence at the public inquest.
  7. indiefan23

indiefan23 First Round Draft Pick

I dunno... those playoff games? That looked mailed in to me. When I heard he asked for a buy out I was not surprised in the slightest.

See, heres the irony and duplicity of the Iverson affair. Sheed has actually been reported to have asked for a buyout and didn't actually miss a month due to injury. Yet you give Sheed the benefit of the doubt and say AI quit on his team when you hav absolutly 0 information pointing to the latter and do have information pointing to the former.

AI's best role on the team could be argued was when Rip got hurt and he led the pistons to an 8-0 winning streak with him out of the lineup. It wouldn't matter what Iverson did or didn't do when theres a load of fans who are trying to invent stories to discredit him. Theres just no point to hating people on your own team. Look what it got you: series sweep.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I wish AI would have asked for a buyout as soon as he arrived (you know, instead of just quitting).
  9. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Nah....for two big reasons:
    1. JD let this team rule and now there is no going back. If this happened, and I was the owner...I would seriously consider firing JD. Then again, if I was the owner, JD would not have brought this team down so quickly.
    2. Curry is a huge project and best suited for analytical insights from the front office side. It's always nice if you can see some system understanding (physical and psychological) and have the ability to get by-in from the players. This team grinds up coaches and yes, JD let it happen. Understanding this situation from Curry's standpoint: I look for perhaps a project (individuals, or a particular bench strength situation) that can be developed. What I saw was a continuous movement against any reach for development away from the obvious no-by-in from the major team players. In short, I look for analytics and the ability to use some form of flexibility irrespective of barriers. Curry will have a long learning curve.
  10. pass99

All hindsight. Little did we all know how strong the starting team reacted against AI. They ruled right down to the minus .500 season.
  11. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

We can go back to the win/losses poll and see that some of us were not that blind to the reaction of the trade.

I wonder if roscoe can put names to the voters.
  12. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Ernie The Slow Adult
  13. pass99

Things change. Life is so many loops bumping against certain time elements as presented. Associations are not always directional (beyond the obvious pathological) that follow the yellow-brick-road.

Everyone will gather so many loops. Some are bright stars that flash singular beams and some are double-back types that force new reflections. The latter are learning trees.

It's not all money. It's not all external competition. You will never have to write on a Dodgson blackboard a questioning verse, " I don't think it ever happened before, that anyone had to take care of two Queens asleep at once!"

Lost my shape, trying to act casual.
    David Byrne
  14. indiefan23

Hmm... thats kind of the point of the article, so I'm going to agree with your last paragraph. :) I really do blame Curry... and they rehired him.
  15. indiefan23

I think AI is a good guy honestly. He wears his heart on his sleeve. I think he does what he thinks is best for his team mostly all the time. I mean, he could have played this out in the press to hurt Curry, big time, but choose not to. People point to all these statements AI makes but really he's answering questions reporters ask him. Then he gets blamed for giving an honest answer. I mean, if someone asks him "how do you feel about playing 18 minutes off the bench, Curry told us that was all you were going to get this season and said he'd already told you. How does that affect your game."

His response was to give credit to bench guys who can come in and make an impact right away cuz its harder then he thought it would be. And he got gooned for that. I dun get it. I'm not even a huge AI fan but its like rooting for the underdog now. Will anyone ever give him a break?