could we please stop winning

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TWOTIMESRALPHI, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

yeah right

2. max

max All-Star

Yes, that's how I took it . You can still tank and preserve the integrity of the game by emphasizing player development over wins. Which is kind of what we are doing with Knight. That's a very important position just to throw a raw rooking into the starting role of. If wins meant everything then JD would have signed some veteran point for the MLE and has BK "learn from the bench". But this way we develop a potentially very good player and pick up a few more lottery balls in the process.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I'don't know about closing this thread. It's where Rascoe Administrator separated from Rascoe Veteran Member.

That to me, was a monumental event in the history of PF .............:)

linwood likes this.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Why?

At one time, I had two accounts, one was Roscoe and the other was themicrowave. The latter for just posting. The lengths I have gone to sometimes ...

linwood likes this.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

The lengths you have gone to as a poster, or as an administrator? I don't think you've made this clear.

:call-police:

BillLaimbeer and roscoe36 like this.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

For the record Three-Six, when you post - you're just another poster to me.
    I don't read what you contribute any differently than anyone else in here. I hope you don't feel like your role as an admin creates a conflict of interest or causes you to hold back in any way.

Please don't feel the need to filter yourself ...ever!

If you feel like this means posting under two different handles, than I say do it. Your contributions as a poster are just as valuable as your contributions as a shot-caller. You deserve the ability to express your views, humor and personality just as much as anyone else. I think I speak for everyone when I say if you ever disagree with one of our opinions whether it be about basketball or bacon; we won't be offended.

webz, round and roscoe36 like this.
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I always loved the Microwave. Some of the best forum posts ever. You were able to be opinionated and generated a lot of good discussions.

The Roscoe personality is the boss. The guy who keeps folks in line, bans some and coddles others.

I like the seperate handles so we can talk to you like you were when you were our old pal Microwave.

G-man likes this.
  8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I think it was the Microwave who invited me to join this site. I miss him. :)

Having two personna is fine, unless they start debating with each other.....

I saw that happen at the News site, where a poster had two different handles.
    ........he would argue with himself............and it was just bad.

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think we've had some great discussions.

10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

The one thing folks that say we just play the youth are missing... you play folks that havn't earned it you risk losing players... if you can't earn the mins then you havn't earned the mins... PERIOD.

Daye... sorry he has been given chances here and there and this year has done nothing to warrent him on the floor.... Same with Darko back in the day... Knight and Monroe... given a small chance and they ran with it... EARN your time on the floor.

alexa032 and BallDon'tLie like this.
  11. BallDon'tLie

I've been tempted to create a muppet.
    ...a chick who looks like Selma Hyek who constantly tells me how funny and smart I am while hitting the 'like' button on everything that I post. She would "LOL" at everything I said, even if I was trying to be serious.

TaShawn likes this.
  12. BillLaimbeer

Flashback....I remember the muppets at the News web site. Oh my, that was a trip.

13. BallDon'tLie

I wonder what the heck Vern Macklin is doing to get himself stuck to the bench. If he can't manage to crack the stellar lineup of big men that the Pistons are trotting out there each game, he must have some serious problems.

I gotta believe that he's showing up drunk and late to practice every day while wearing a clown wig and spraypainting obscene graffiti on the walls of the Pistons' new lockeroom.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

In other words, Squirrels material. :)

15. linwood

linwood All-Star

As President of the Vernon Macklin Fan Club, I can neither confirm, nor deny the above speculation.

16. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

I believe that 90% of them debated different possible rotations, as well as various reasons why the coach was an idiot.

The other 10% agreed with Lee.

G-man likes this.
  17. G-man

G-man Starter

in the end it was a muppet-fest, a real yarn-ball hoedown.
    a human could hardly get a word in sideways.
    those "muppet runs" helped forge the genesis of this forum.

(real history.. not my biased opinion ;)

18. BillLaimbeer

I think I created a muppet at one time, but it's been so long, it's all a blur.

19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I was Darth Tater :darthvader: on the News but my alter-ego was "Muppet the Cat". I would mess with the head muppeteer (We all know who THAT was). I was a cross between Bill the Cat and a muppet (Friend of Opus, remember the washed out cat...AAgghhh, Aaacckk,grmmmpphh)? i created the alter ego expressly to mock those damned muppets who made a lousy forum into a terrible forum. My character was from Derry, Maine (the fictitious site where weird stuff happens in Stephen King novels). I had other stuff that connected but I forgot what they were. I despised those muppets.

They kicked me off the forum:banplease: (not so much for slinging arrows at the creator of the adoring muppeteer and his crowd...alter egos) but got bannedfor advertising the Pistons forum and saying the News sucked. I also was calling out that stupid "Diva Girl",and telling her she must weigh 350 pounds and be ugly as all hell f she had to use that name on a basketball forum. I wouldn't have said anything to her but she was trying to draw attention to herself and get a date by complaining about some stupid guys who :biggrin: flirting with her. I (as Darth) was like "You stupid (expletive). Why would you use that name if that isn't what you wanted ? So she left.I also think she was in love with the microwave. You shoulda seen poor Rascoe run for the hills. :MusicBigGrin:

The muppets just took over that forum. It sucked.

I didn't really know Rascoe :canada: (microwave) back then and he and I bumped heads more than once (although I did follow him here, irregardless).

I remember Linwood, Motown Pride, and Slippy being my first good friends :cheers: and Basketbills always making me laugh until my gut hurt and I couldn't breathe. :rofl:

Good times.

It doesn't matter...administrator, regular forum member, friend, Human Pin Cushion...I just think of him as Rascoe and treat him the same anyhow. :lol:

I've toned my act down quite a bit from the early years. I like to think Rascoe and I learned a lot from each other.

I always kind of chuckle and kind of feel bad for him when I see how badly sometimes he wants to take off the admin hat :yo: and go off on someone or really say what he thinks on a given subject. I wish he would/could do it more often but I understand.

The funniest thing on the News was when Bill Laimbeer ran a "guess who the Pistons will draft contest" and i correctly guessed Jason Maxiel. Bill was like "How the hell did you do that?" I was like "never mind...just send me that wrist band with Darko's sweat that you promised the winner'.:biggrin: I keep checking my mail box every day hoping it has finally arrived. (No offense Bill, but I'm starting to think the contest was a scam).:bs:

20. BillLaimbeer

I do have the Darko wrist band, but unfortunately, it contains no sweat.

G-man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.