Crazy Ron - How I love thee

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Mar 3, 2007.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Should give a boost to his record sales... more street cred
    :djparty:

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm sure he's already working on lyrics about this incident for his next SMASH hit!

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Yep, word is he's working on the rap version of jailhouse rock... he's got Tinsley & SJax doin' backup

4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Hey I'm sorry people if gave the impression Ron-Ron was well. It was a set-up, he got me again. But I'm not surprized this time. I think this is fresh waters for him.
    ...P99 you were right again...we should've doled out the Midol. For the brain cramps.
    ...Rosc we got it...-In his mind-

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looks like this domestic incident is the end of the line for Artest in Sac-town.:yellowprison: Rumours are that teams that are desperate to stay on top or regain their swagger (Heat and Lakers) will be taking a long look at the "Palace punk" this summer, to see if Riley and Jackson can curtail his aggression into scoring points and preventing points as opposed to throwing punches and knocking down women. :boxing:

We don't know what's going to happen this summer in Motown. Will CB and Cwebb be back? Will Flip Jr and Flip Sr be back. Ronnie is player that could restore the defensive hard knock swagger back to the Pistons, but how many of you fans think that Joe has the ballz to bring him back to the scene of the crime and how many of you would even be cool wit dat.

You know the saying is, a player is hated until he actually is on your team helping them win. (remember bulls fans and players hating Rodman until he put on their uniform and helped Mike grab a couple of those rings). I am sure that Flip Sr couldn't handle him, so this only comes into play if we fail to get to the finals and the flipster is exited back to Gopherland and a Laimbeer type is inserted.

6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You got that exactly right. I was one of those guys. To be honest, I wasn't all that sure about Sheed either, but both those guys became players I liked to watch. (Sounds wrong - they didn't change, I did.)

But, Rodman and Sheed seem to me to fall more into the eccentric area rather than the stark raving looney area. I think it's possible Pistons fans might even accept Ron Ron, but I also think he would blow up here just like he has everywhere else.

Let the warrier go.

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

With Rodman, it was all very clearly an act, precisely calculated to maximize his public image (and $$$). Sheed was never anything more than a big-mouth hothead who picked up too many techs for arguing with the refs. No charging into the stands, no starving of any dogs, no beating up women on his resume. But Artest seems genuinely off his rocker, like he really can't control himself. I wouldn't want that guy anywhere near my team.

8. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

I would be shocked if Joe D. would even consider Artest. I don't care what kind of numbers he might put up, I would never want to see that guy in a Pistons uniform.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We got Sheffield for the Tigers
    Bertuzzi for the Wings
    Artest is the next logical acquisition

10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Ron's probably been hanging out with Wayne Brady too much.

11. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Report:

"Artest was behind the wheel of his white Hummer when his wife ran from their house, brandishing what looked like a frying pan, the witness said. "He was in the car," the witness said. "The car was in reverse. He was attempting to get away from her."

She started hitting the Hummer's windshield with the frying pan, according to the witness. Artest pulled over and the two went back into the house. Five minutes later, Placer County sheriff's deputies arrived.

Sheriff's officials later confirmed the witness account of how the windshield had been smashed."

I ain't an Artest "fan," but there may be more than meets the eye in this case.

12. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

How to handle any situation the Ron Artest way

1. A big scary malcontent type pushes you.
    Fight or run away? run away
    2. A drunk talkative non-basketball-playing Pistons fan throws beer at you.
    Fight or run away? fight
    3. Your wife comes after you with a frying pan.
    Fight or run away? run away

13. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I can't really argue w/ anything you just said, but man, I love Ron Ron. Joe, pull the trigger:gun1:, and bring him here. Talk about your win now club. He's everything we want Tay to be (not counting the psychotic episodes:messer:), rebounds, D, shoots, scores, brings it everyday, intimidating. If Sac waives him, we need to sign him IMMEDIATELY. Suppose Arnie's magic can keep Artest sane (relatively speaking for Artest) for a year and a half, we could get two titles:winner_first_h4h:.

Imagine Sheed and Ron Ron tearing up Windsor:cheers::party::bath1::pirates::djparty:
    :dancingparty::gun1::jail::rip:.

Heck, Probert was a Michigan Legend, Artest is only slightly crazier than Bobby P.

14. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Sounds like Artest's woman was hanging out with Darvin's wife.

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What about AI?
    Ronnet, The Ronster, Ron-Ron, Artesticles, Tru Warior, Nut Job, Music Mogol, Palace Punk

16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Whoa. Maybe the wife's been hanging out with Joumana.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would actually expect to get %%%%% slapped if I took a frying pan to Artest's Hummer. That's suicidal.

18. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Oh, there's a whole lot more going on here; especially when one can easily sucked in to the whole gender ideology of domestic violence. Follow the trail right back to the Maloofs gals.