1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Cuban is a loser

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Jun 29, 2007.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Not defending Mark, but you have to read between the lines on this one.

3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Cuban is a cry baby. Your team is weak and doesn't have any heart because your star player Captain Dirk has no heart and is softer than a piece of cake. Going by Cuban's logic then you should not trade players to other teams or fire and head coaches and assistant coaches from your team because they might have inside info and give it to an opposing team. Whatever!!!

You think Big Ben Wallace didn't tell his Bull team mates what RIP and Chauncey like to do and how to get under Sheed's skin? You think Rick Carlysle didn't share info with his players? It happens all the time.

Get a life Cuban.:gun1: And stop making excuses.

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I don't see any secret message. All I see is a guy making excuses on why his team lost instead of accepting defeat.

Don Nelson knows the habits of the Dallas players. So what? That happens all the time in sports, but teams find a way to get through that. Dallas couldn't, and Cuban resorts to this BS.

5. Winless Wonders

Maybe Cuban is upset because Don Nelson told his team that Dirk wears womens underwear.:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :nerd2: :nerd2: :nerd2: :nerd2: :nerd2:

That's inside info for you.... badda bing!!!

6. roscoe36

A lot of people read one article and then draw conclusions without researching the topic further.

Cuban and Nellie have a horrible relationship that goes back much further than the recent series loss.

I'm not reading any crying from Cuban in that article. I am reading a lot of conjecture from Nellie's lawyer. Personally, I am not a big fan of other people putting words in my mouth. I don't think many folks are.

7. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

This is ridiculous. The NBA doesn't allow a coach to be under contract to two different teams at the same time to avoid these types of situations. And if he was, Mark Cuban should have brought this to the proper NBA officials the moment it was beginning to transpire, not a few months after getting your worst beating in NBA history. I cast my vote for sour grapes.

8. roscoe36

Nellie had a non-compete clause and he violated it by going to the Warriors. He still wants to get paid, and yet he still wants to compete against the people paying him.

Obviously there is a lot of gray area in this case, but non-competition clauses are fundamental to many buyout agreements. As it stands now, it looks like Cuban has a case against Nellie for breach of contract.

9. Winless Wonders

I see your point Roscoe. I just think Cuban should have played this card 9 months ago when Nelson took the job. Cuban could have went to Stern and if he did not get satisfaction he could have filed suit in court naming the Golden State Warriors and Nelson as defendants and gotten a court order banning Nelson from coaching until the case was resolved.
    Cuban did none of this. He chose to wait until after his team got beaten to claim foul play. It just doesn't make Cuban look good even though he has a legit case. Making a stink about it now makes him look like a sore loser.

I think Cuban thought like many of us did when he heard where Nelson was going to coach and laughed. Golden State?? LOL.. Good Luck Nellie. I know that was my reaction. This whole breach of contract thing was not even on his mind at the time. However now, Golden State is a force to be reckoned with.

10. roscoe36

The claim of foul play was made months ago. I remember reading it on ESPN. But when folks take one article, title it XYZ is a loser, or ABC messes up again, regardless of the facts, the source or the history, we end up with people developing malformed opinions.

Cuban stopped paying Nelson when he breached his contract.

One could say that he was classy about not blocking Nellie from going to Golden State over it. He seemed content to just stop paying him.

Now Nellie wants to double dip and get paid by Oakland and Dallas. We vilified Larry Brown for that.

This drama has been going on for several seasons.

Lost on all the people who want to jump on Cuban is that he still employs Nelson's son and he gave Nellie a very nice buyout.

It's just part of our cynical society where we cry that there are no more good guys, but when we have one, we tear them down and laugh at them.

WW, you don't like that Davidson is cheap. Cuban has spent out of his own pocket to build the Mavs. He spares no expense for the team on or off the court. He sits in the stands with the regular fans so he can get an idea of how good the fan experience is because he's a smart marketer.

But hey, if people think a self made billionaire and winner, who I will admit is a bit of a narcissist, is a loser then so be it.

11. Winless Wonders

I don't think Cuban is a loser Roscoe. Anybody that is a self made billionaire is far from a loser. I think Cuban is a sore loser or to better phrase it doesn't like to lose. I think it burns him more that Nellie beat his team. That is my opinion. I admit I don't know alot of the back history on this story. However, reading the article Cuban doesn't make a plausible arguement to suport himself. He rambles about Nellie having inside information about the Mavs. This is the main thing that I commented on in my earlier post and that statement is what made a lot of people just tune out and say Cuban is crying again. Cuban should have just stuck to the fact that Nellie breached his contract and was trying to double dip and get paid by both teams. He should have just said that we had an agreement in place in which the Warriors and Nelson violated. Perhaps Cuban was being classy in not making a big deal about Nellie going to Golden State. However, business is business and a agreement is a agreement. Demanding Nelson sign away his right to further payments from Cuban or demanding compensation from the Warriors would have been Cuban's recourse if he did not want to go to court. Cuban did not do this. So Cuban while perhaps being classy is going to end up looking bad.

12. roscoe36

Nellie's lawyer says that. Not Cuban.

13. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Did you here what Cuban said to Don when Don told him he was going to Golden State?

Wooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Nellie:hoops:

14. roscoe36

15. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

16. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Mark Cuban Rugby player. Not an easy sport to play

Mark Cuban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

18. roscoe36