Curry Goes On Record - "I Want Flip's Job"

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 21, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

MLive.com: Everything Michigan

:hoops:

2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Where does Curry say that in this article. I must have missed it.

If you are referring to him expressing an interest in being a head coach some day, that's different than saying he wants to take Flip's spot, right?

3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    He does want Flip's job - a head coaching job. Doesn't necessarily mean Pistons.

4. buddahfan

I think you need to read between the lines. Read some of the content and what Curry says in the interview.

The quote is not going to say "land him the Pistons coaching job", but it appears pretty obvious to me that the Pistons head coaching job is his first preference.

I am pretty sure that he would consider other offers, but it is clear to me that the Pistons head coaching job is his first preference.

MLive.com: Everything Michigan

5. MotownPride

I think I'll just go with what's stated instead of making any assumptions. Curry simply wants to be a head coach in the league eventually. The quotes in the thread title are misleading in my opinion. Makes it seem like he actually said that.

Honestly, I'd even rather have him than Flip (that's how much I dislike the guy). It beats waiting all season long to watch Flip fold in the playoffs again.

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the thread title is misleading!!

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Buddah regularly does this in order to draw attention to his threads.

8. linwood

linwood All-Star

The only thing I find misleading is the part that says: Curry Goes On Record, which is followed by "I Want Flip's Job." The quotes around that part make it seem as if that was a quote.

9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I'll wait for 357 to weigh in on this one before I make my decision.

I am extremely curious whether his dislike for Curry outweighs his dislike for Flip, or vice versa.

10. buddahfan

Come on gals and guys.

1. Curry is a Piston, former player and current assistant coach.
    2. He says that he wants to be a head coach, albeit some day.
    3. He says that the Pistons are a great organization with a winning tradition.

Conclusion:

He wants to coach one of the other 29 teams in the league but not the Pistons. LOL

If there was ever an obvious this is it. Curry wants to coach the Pistons some day in the future. Therefore, he wants Flips job maybe not today or tomorrow but at sometime in the future.

The thread title does not say.

Curry goes on record. "Fire Flip so I can take his job"

or

"I want to replace Flip"

It says

"I want his job", which means he is saying that he wants to coach the Pistons.

Can anyone on this forum deny that Curry would want to coach the Pistons someday?

There is nothing misleading about the thread title.

I am amazed. Many forum members have posted previously that they would like to see Curry replace Flip. Now Curry says he want to be head coach someday and the same forum members are saying. "Yea he wants to be head coach someday, but not for the Pistons"

11. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Between the "Goes on Record" and the "I want Flip's Job" being in quotes, it makes it seem as though Curry is specifically gunning for Flip's job, not just to be a head coach in the NBA.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread. That would have been big news (and completely unexpected), seeing has he is currently a member of Flip's staff.

It would have been extremely unprofessional and counterproductive, IMO, to "go on record" to say "I want my boss' job".

12. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

If Flip Saunders is a secret member of the Forum, then he'll be unhappy with this thread.

13. linwood

linwood All-Star

If Flip Saunders is a secret member of this forum, he may be a masochist.

14. buddahfan

He is specifically gunning for Flip's job which is "head coach of the Pistons".

That is how I read what he said. By inference he said that he wants to be a head coach of the Pistons some day, (Can anyone prove he doesn't want to be). Flip's job is head coach of the Pistons. So Curry wants Flip's job. It is as simple as that.

Of course he isn't going to come out and say I want to replace Flip. He may not even want to replace Flip, but I am sure he would love to be head coach of the Pistons some day which is what Flip's job is, so Curry wants Flip's job.

The reason I started this thread is because a lot of posters on this forum have expressed a desire for Curry to replace Flip as head coach of the Pistons and to my knowledge, on which I could be incorrect, this is the first time that Curry has said in a local interview that he wants to be a head coach, so now there is a basis for those who support Curry replacing Flip. Until today, I don't think any of us knew that Curry wanted to even be a head coach, though again on this I could be entirely wrong.

15. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I may be wrong, but I don`t think there is an assistant head coach out there that doesn`t want to be a head coach.

Moreover, most head coaches were assistant head coaches!! I believe they are taught the ropes as an assistant.

16. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Using that same logic you could say that every coach in the NBA that finished behind us last year wants Flip's job. Everybody wants to coach a winning team and if the Pistons finished higher then your team; why would you want to coach a lesser team?

When you put he want's Flip's job in quotations; that means those were his exact words and they were not.

17. buddahfan

Even if that is true, most of them don't say so in a public interview.

Have Cowans or Porter said anything in a public interview about wanting to be head coach of the Pistons, which Curry clearly indicated was his preferred head coaching objective in the interview?

Has Laimbeer said that he would like to coach the Pistons?

The news story here, which is why I created the thread is that Curry went public saying that he wanted to coach the Pistons, not that he would eventually want the job.

18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If you read the article, Curry never said anything being a head coach of the Pistons. You're making stuff up, Buddah.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Flip Saunders is a secret member of the forum then he can't read or doesn't understand Piston common sense....is that what you were trying to say Linwood?:)

20. MotownPride

Exactly.

This is how things get taken out of context all of the time.

Lies...lies...lies... lol.