1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Curry Goes On Record - "I Want Flip's Job"

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 21, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

2. buddahfan

Read between the lines. I already posted that that was the basis for my conclusion, based on the quotes from the article that I posted.

You may disagree and see no connection between those quotes and his going public with wanting to be the Pistons head coach. Fair enough, I can understand that.

:hoops:

3. buddahfan

Sometimes what people mean is said indirectly. That does not mean that the interpreter is taking anything out of context. It just means that the interpreter sees a subtlety in what was said.

Women tend to talk this way more than men. "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus." It doesn't mean that a man can not speak in this manner. Most posters on this thread are taking what Curry said based on face value alone, whereas I see a subtlety in his words.

:hoops:

4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It is not uncommon for people to see or hallucinate things that do not exist in the real world.

Hallucination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are many scientific theories attempting to explain these hallucinations.

Hallucination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I beg to differ.

There have been several asst head coaches that expressed their desires to be a head coach publicly, just as Curry did.

However, very few if any interpeted it to mean the coaching job of the (current boss) head coach.

If you want to believe Curry was saying he wanted Flip`s job, so be it. You are probably the only person who feels that way, perhaps we are all wrong.

Oh, and Lambieer is not an asst. head coach, he has nothing to do with this conversation.

6. max

max All-Star

I am not surprised at all by Currys comments. I do suspect that Dumars did hire Curry as a likely successor to Flip. I also suspect that Dumars would have fired Flip a long time ago if not for Davisons unwillingness to pay for another defunct head coach.

For now Curry will help bring back some defensive principles back into the Pistons game plan which is something that I think most of us can agree on as something that will help this team.

7. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Max goes on record - "buddahfan was right" :pound:

8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound: Took me a few seconds of rereading posts to get it. :pound::pound:

9. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Same here.
    :pound:

10. max

max All-Star

He did not exactly go on record as being out for Flips job but I can see Curry as being the most likely successor at this point if Flip can't get it together.

11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

wow, cloud, you really hit the nail on the head with that one. now that's journalism.

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's called marketing.

He might be a sadist. I have long suspected that one of our biggest Flip antagonists is really Flip himself. Like reverse public relations. Gain the sympathy vote.

13. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Well, you're running hot, cold and hot.

The first hot is not an uncommon attitude to have as an assistant NBA coach. It is generic in conception, must age in the right petri dish, and then have a chance for replication outside of its protective environment. Curry may be a lucky one out of hundreds. Some will be better, some will be worse.

Your second ice-cube is as lonely as a polar bear. Joe did not hire Curry to take over Flip's job, but it does have the usual legs in this forum that finishes the message day looking for presently reinforced conspiracy theories; therefore, displacing the player's responsibility levels in giving professional/consistent efforts toward winning. I should rewrite that last sentence, so it's more blunt...but, that would just encourage everyone.

Your third ice-cube (same glass), is reflected toward Davidson. Where it really hits home is that JD made some unwise moves hoping that strong-style coaching makes a difference. He should now know it all gets lost in the huge PR machine. Flip will defuse those ego challenges and take solitude in those twitches. It will roll right off of him, and when it does... who is left to blame? Those rightful heirs.

That last hot (hey, two out of three ain't bad), is something Harper couldn't do and Curry should be able to do. Curry will probably hit the bench hard, since this is the only crew who will be hungry enough. I wish him well.

14. max

max All-Star

If you consider what Curry has accomplished outside the court he is the kind of guy that always thinks about the next move. There is something that seperates him from the pact. He will make a great head coach someday and I hope its for us.

15. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Fortunately for all of us: hope is universal.