1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Curry Postgame Comments

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Dec 10, 2008.

1. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Well you can't call it waffling, but its not smart, and it shows that hes afraid of backlash from veteran players.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Starting one lineup and finishing with another is a bit like playing both sides of the fence. He can tell one guy, "hey you're a starter, I trust you." Then he tells the other guy "It's not who starts, it's who finishes. I trust you." If one of those combos is better than the other, consider starting AND finishing with it. Unless you're trying to please both parties.

What has he done so far that other coaches would have been afraid to do? Small ball? Bring AI off the bench for 1 game after he skips the practice that was especially scheduled for him on a holiday? Named 2 big men starters out of the blue, only to later turn on the reverse thrusters and bench them at the same time for multiple games without comment? Refused to consider zone even though our defense points allowed is steadily rising? Move the skinniest player on the team who has shown the most vulnerability to fatigue to the power forward spot, where he's going to get bounced around?

3. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Wow you took it to a whole other level. I was just commenting on the fact that he has followed through that he would play the bench, and play find out who can play. He also has made it very apparent that he would play players under different circumstances to see who is the most reliable. This whole thing of going small vs big and who starts vs who finishes is a product of trying different players and different rotations in my mind. There is no other way to do this than to play different lineups under different circumstances. This thing that we are going through right now is very much trial and error. I guarantee MC salivates that this team has immense talent. He is just doing his best right now to find this teams identity and the right rotations. I dont see how this can be done unless you experiment.........IN GAMES. Its not waffling my friend its coaching, idk what else to say. You are entitled to bash the man I am entitled to supporting our coach. You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Just my opinion.

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

He plays the bench because he got license to do so. All the players, media, and Joe expected him to do this. It was expected and was no surprise. He was able to soften the blow of playing the bench because Joe pretty much guaranteed it. Now Putting AI or Rip on the second team would be gutsy. Playing small ball seems dumb.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I really don't dislike Curry and I completely agree that the experimentation and the willingness to play the bench is refreshing. I was glad when we hired him. I'm just completely baffled by the things he's doing. He's nowhere near the defensive coach I was hoping for, and I actually believe Flip was better in this area. He's not getting any more out of Sheed. He's made one of the most ridiculous decisions IMO in forcing AI to share the ball with Stuck, Rip, Tay, and Sheed.

The bench was our strength and now it's embarrassing because they can't score. Bynum, AA, Herrmann, Maxiell, and Dyess? And then he gets mad when they blow a lead? He seems to have destroyed the confidence of half our roster.

I still like MC's attitude and his quotes, but I've seen enough to convince me that he is not in control of the team and won't create a whole that is greater than the sum of our players.

And I'll admit that I just can't get over the small ball thing. Tay was rolling to start the season. We were winning. We were dominating the glass. And now I'm nervous when we have a 20 point lead because the parade of layups and dunks seems unstoppable.

Even with all of this said, I wouldn't fire him. And I'm actually starting to wonder about Joe, because I'm guessing that half of these things are his ideas... which makes me wonder whether his unhappiness with prior coaches was unjustified.

6. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Well I'm glad that we could have come to some kind of concensus. I thought that our D would be better too but it hasnt been. But guess what we have a lot time to get the defense to where feel its adequate to take on Bos and Cle. I'm estimating that by the all star break we will be well on our way to our final transition into a viable contender and you can quote me on it.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I want to have hope and I will wish for better things, but most of the posters here seem to expect more of the same for the rest of the season. If the 13-9 record % continues the rest of the season, we finish with 49 wins. I think cohesiveness and player attitudes will block the progress that talent should claim.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I haven't really looked at our schedule coming up, but it seems like we've had it pretty easy so far. What is the winning % of teams that we've played, ala strength of schedule?