1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Curry returning

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Omaha Piston, Apr 29, 2009.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

The fact that players were not willing to adjust, shouldn't be surprise: rest of the team was so used to Billups' playmaking that they took easygoing route: why to worry? it is our PG's work to worry about what and how...

It is one of myths here that coach prepares plans and players simply have to follow those

But what if players refused/ were unable/ struggled to follow plays?
    Making plays starts from PG, but you know our starting PG...

During AI era here it became obvious that vets simply refused to play any other way they have always played...under Billups guidance...

2. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Well, Joe runs it like any decent business does on this whole wild world.
    1) Joe has pleaded his guilty via this conference but he's not going to sentence himself, he left it to the new owner.
    2) Joe is responsible at this time now to preserve the existence and leave it to his probable replacement who will be the one to make every necessary move.
    3) The playoff are going underway and FA will not be allowed to go publicity before 0701, so it is appropriate to keep low by announcing stay put.
    4) Criteria of new head coach somewhat depends on players whom Pistons will sign.
    Stay tune. There will be a long summer for the organization and plenty moves are coming out to fill our appetite.

3. BB4L11

BB4L11 First Round Draft Pick

What are you talking about Vets were injured by him, they are million dollar babies, they have the best medical staff at their disposal they are supposed to be elite athletes, you telling us that Rip cannot guard a player that is bigger than him for 35 minutes a night 3 nights a week?

The coach is crap and needs to go, full stop, so stop playing devils advocate and get real. And the only time Sheed sprints is when he races Rip for a spot on the bench before the game.

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep. This sums up my thoughts right now, too. YOU DON'T KEEP

5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'll keep watching because I like pain.

6. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Maybe the real reason Curry is coming back is because the person Dumars really wants is a coach that currently has two years left on his contract, and he wanted to wait one more year. Maybe. :sssh: :eyebrows: :detective: :ballchain :crying::hoops:. Until then, you might as well sit back and pretend you enjoy the show.:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :pizza::pizza::pizza: :eatpizza::dancingparty:. And while you are doing that, I will be doing this:chopper:and this:lurking:. Cause it is going to be one looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong year.

7. D32008

D32008 Banned - Sent to NBDL

Shut up with your whining

8. D32008

D32008 Banned - Sent to NBDL

Then go away then. Less fair weather fans here without you.

9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL, I just checked that guy's post history. I'm surprised he avoided the NBDL as long as he did. :pound:

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He just came off a ban a month or so ago. Apparently he doesn't understand that the community does not need his attitude or his membership as much as he thought it did.

11. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You can be reinstated after a ban? Is there a set time you're banished for or is it arbitrary like Dave Stern?

13. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I don't agree with a lot of the opinions in here, but, hey everyone has a right to speak what they feel.

I can only give Dumars the benifit of the doubt so long. His free pass expired about 2 seasons ago with me. It seems like the team has become more about the "business" than even attempting to contend for championships. That is more evident with Curry returning and Dumars making excuses for him. Some of the things that went down were Curry's fault. The poor X's and O's had nothing to do with the roster.

When you look at the teams in the East and the moves they had made to get better you can see that a number of them signed major FA's Orlando with Rashard Lewis, Cleveland with Mo Williams and the trade for Delante West. What did Detroit do? There were guy's out there that could have been signed like Biedriens, Maggette or a sign and trade for Josh Smith. Dumars is saying all the right things, but he said the same thing last year and the year before. Guy's will be accountable.. blah blah blah.. He will get some talent in here... blah.. blah blah. I will believe it when I see it. Last year in the draft we saw the Pistons draft project guy's instead of guys that could help right now. We saw Dumars trade their 1st round pick so they wouldn't have to pay a guranteed contract. SO I AM SKEPTICAL.

14. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

The only thing missing are the ubiquitous water bottles.

15. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Curry looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

[​IMG]

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That deer picture made me laugh. Somebody needs to photoshop some antlers on MC!

As frustrated as I am with Joe D right now, I still have a lot of trust in his decision making logic and would be afraid that his replacement would screw things up badly.

But my source of consternation is that he keeps hiring coaches that I lose confidence in and then have to watch for years afteward as they repeat things that are frustrating to watch. I'm not sure that is a single other coach in the NBA right now that would have won less games if they were dealt the hand that MC was dealt. Maybe someone else would have started Herrman over Tay and played Kwame Brown as the point guard??? Still not sure we would have been worse.

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG]

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Now he looks more in control... in a crazed sort of way.

19. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

That RC do good!

20. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Brett Favre will be wearing some of those soon...