Curry to change the starting lineup.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheAnswer8891, Dec 7, 2008.

1. TheAnswer8891

TheAnswer8891 Second Round Draft Pick

After todays embarrassing loss to the knicks, Curry plans to change the starting lineup.

Stuck, AI, Rip, Tay, and Sheed. Undersized, but quick. It was the lineup that rallied against NY today.

Thoughts? I said this should be the lineup about 2 weeks ago. AI just looks so uncomfortable at the 1.
  2. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Tay playing power forward = Fail
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He had to make some sort of change, or Joe would have...at the top..after all Sam Mitchell was let go with an 8-9 record. Techically with this current roster, we are 7-8.

Not sure if this the right move, but let it play out for week, and if it doesn't work.. sit one if those guys name Rip or AI and bring them off the bench. Also somebody send Sheed a case of Red Bull for Christmas.
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This is the wrong change IMO. He's got to bench AI/Rip and he's not going to do it. Also Amir back in the SL or at least more PT would help alot.

edited to add;

basically i agree w/ LA Dre LOL. And Sheed never plays well when there's internal drama. The refs he can handle, but when the team is fractured he always looks like he needs xanax.
  5. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Yup, he's trying to save his job, and will probably fail miserably.
  6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Finally making a move...too bad its the wrong one. Sit AI and put Amir back in the starting lineup
    Stuck, Rip, Tay Amir and Sheed. That gives us AI, Max, Dyess and AA off the bench.
  7. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

The guy has no idea what he's doing. He's desperate. I hope the ownership's in his ear about how much he sucks.
  8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I'm not picking on your post but saying it more generally: MC won't bench AI no matter what. AI is just too big ego.

I wonder how Dumars did not foresee that AI and rip can't coexist on the court.

Now we have pure 3 SGs: AI, Rip, Afflalo;two wannabe PGs Stuckey and Bynum are more scorers than playmakers.
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The odd part is Joe actually said the Rip/AI pair was a big reason he made the trade in the first place. Personally, i think Joe D was stuck in AI circa 2001 and hadn't realized that years had passed.
  10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Very true. but hurting AIs ego is a moot point at this stage of the game. I would imagine we could win games even if AI didnt play. Our losses are due to chemistry and rotation mix ups. not talent.
  11. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Flip didn't play who Joe wanted and look where it got him.
    Curry will play the Lineup of Stucky, AI, Rip, Tay, and Sheed, cause Joe went and got AI. Curry feels at this time, considering the AI trade, that's who Joe wants out there to start. Benching Rip or AI for Stucky won't happen this time Cause Curry is feeling job security issues right now. :nailbiting:
  12. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Tay will get ate alive at power forward. Benching Rip would create massive decention and I don't know what would be AI's reaction, but it probably would start with a couple 4 letter words.
  13. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

14. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Neither I or you do not know what was happening behind closed doors so we can only guess. My two cents:

Complacency was obvious and maybe for Dumars CB was the source. Why?

Well, CB was the one who had settled in Flip era very comfortably and therefore had no reason to wish something to change. It was remarkable how MC defined new roles for team but CB still preferred to play in "old" way. MC preferred more faster, penetrative, cutting tempo and probably that's why Dumars envisioned AI as an ideal player for MC style.

But Rip shined in old system ( long jumpshot from p'n'r) too...
  15. Winless Wonders

Amir blows. We have to face that fact. We gambled thinking the kid could handle the starting job, but he can't. He is a role player nothing more.
  16. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

Amir is averaging 3.2 fouls in 16 minutes. today he did 4 fouls in 8 minutes. he isnt starting material...

kwame doesnt need words to describe..
    we need dyess.. frontcourt is very weak..

Prince at PF wont work imo..

:bath1::obiwan::football::byakuya-sakura2::reading::sherlock:
  17. Winless Wonders

I would rather see Fabio start at Power Forward. The guy hustles, can shoot which would spread the floor and he seems to have chemistry with AI. At this point it can't hurt. As long as Fabio leaves that nasty looking finger roll at home it is all good.
  18. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Flip tried Fabio at PF. Pistonsforum wasn't satisfied with results.

:yellowprison:
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Fabio will get killed on defense. I'm talking about murdered against other team's starters. Hell, I'd rather start Tay and i hate him at PF.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Joe and everyone in Pistonland (yep me too sometimes) are all living in the before 2005 days of glory. Players like Sheed and AI have already seen their better days and now we are getting beaten by teams with no superstars, but younger legs.

So far three quality wins this season vs the Lakers, Cavs and Spurs and then four losses to sub .500 teams like the Nets, Twolves, Sixers and Knicks. :confused:

In todays LA Times NBA power rankings the Celtics, Lakers and Cavs make up the top three teams with the Pistons lingering down in the 13th slot. Just 7 months ago it was the Celtics, Lakers, Pistons and Hornets as the top 4.

The LA Times poll says that the Pistons are a team that can beat anyone (Spurs) and lose to anyone (Sixers at home). :(

To me it sounds like we are an average team that might finish above .500. Can't blame all of this on the trade of Chiek Samb...can we?? The coaches rotations are off, the defense is way down and both Sheed and AI are showing their age..Rip seems to be a lonely guy out there pouting and making mistakes .....Tay is still trying to give his 100%, but only after being called out by the coach. MC needs to call out Sheed next. Amir and Max??? I think we overestimated these guys potential or Flip ruined it the last three years...:ill: