Curry to change the starting lineup.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheAnswer8891, Dec 7, 2008.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Obviously this picture was taking during the Flip regime and both TP and Curry are yelling...........................fill in the blank

I will start it "Flip I want your job next season."
  2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

That was last year.

I am saying starting him is better than starting Tay who gives up 60 to 70 lbs on most starting power forwards. Tay gets warn down by SF's what do you think is going to happen with him mixing it up with PF's? He will run out of gas by the All Star break.
  3. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Small ball will not work in the playoffs. Pistons need a genuine big man, of course they don't grow on trees.
  4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I think they have the pieces of the puzzle. Its a matter of using them properly. Thats why the team looks so jekyl and hyde.
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Nah, we underestimated the importance of coaching experience. AI is a great weapon if you know how to use him. What makes us think that we are actually using our pieces correctly? We have a coach with no track record. Allen Iverson was still an all-star quality player before he got here. The plane ride didn't age him that much. lol. The question is, does Joe have enough patience to allow Curry to figure out what he is doing. If not, he should have never hired him in the first place....
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

The title should read...

Joe, did you hire the right guy?
  7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Im of the same belief...I cant believe that the coaching staff and head office arent seeing the same games we are, and must be thinking the same thing.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

This is so stupid. Damnit. That will not work. That is too small. Way too damn small. The only position we are big at is PG with Stuckey.

PG-Stuckey 6'5
    SG-Allen Iverson 6'0 (He is actually shorter and he does well at this position,but he is small for that position.)
    SF-Rip Hamilton 6'7 (He is too small to play this position. He fights hard, but he is too small)
    PF-Tayshaun Prince 6'9 (He is way too thin to play here. He will get dominated. Tayshaun is a great outside defender, not interior. He will get killed here.)
    C-Sheed 6'11 (Even Sheed is too small at this position. He will get worn down here.)

These are our 5 best players, but putting them on the floor at once will not work in the long run. We are too small and we will turn from a tough defensive team into a soft Phoenix Suns team.

Either move Rip or Tay to the bench and start Amir.
  9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Someone needs to get benched from the starting lineup to make this work, but there is a problem with each scenario.

AI- He is the star. If he cannot work out in the starting lineup this team won't reach its potential. The Spurs benched Manu Ginobili, not Tim Duncan.

Rip-He used to be our most consistant player. Now he is on and off. Putting him on the bench would make him have a tantrum.

Tay-After he complained about being benched in a game imagine what he would do if he had to come off the bench.

Sheed-I think he is the only player out of the 4 who could care less as long as he was allowed to play a good amount of minutes. If we moved him to the bench our defense would be beyond terrible and we would be smaller than we already are.

This sucks.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

This lineup started the 3rd quarter, went from 22 down, and ended up 22 down. Next.
  11. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I wonder what the Wonderlic scores between the two of them are.

~~~~~~

On topic, read in between the lines.

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This team needs a wake up call... but it appears that both coach and Joe don't want to be second guessed or questioned about the use of and more importantly the acquisition of AI because so far he is not the answer, but the question. :confused:

To hell with egos, sit AI and start Rip and Stuckey. Sheed at center and Tay at the three and either Dice or Amir at the 4 . If Sheed can't play his position, call him out and make him mad like they did to Tay. :sssh:
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

AI in 2001 was a SG.

The Low beat you up pretty good today on the podcast for not joining us.

So I sent him to Cancun to cool off. But when he gets back, if you value your health and reputation, I think you should make an appearance or two.

:)

-------------------

The results will speak for this. The team's problem is slow starts, not second half comebacks, or closing out quarters (necessarily).

Maybe it will work. After all, a 6'8" Ben Wallace was our starting center for a few years. Let's face it, Tay isn't tough or fast, but he is long and can rebound.
  14. copper

copper Bench Warmer

exactly, I would start amir and keep dyess in his comfort zone coming off the bench.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Let me see, from what you have above, starting Amir, and having Rip come off the bench gives:

Stuckey, AI, Tay, Amir, Sheed.

Bench: Bynum, Rip, Afflalo, JMAX, Dyess. (or Kwame)

Should work fine.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Good Lord. AI has to got to the bench. His defense is a liability that I have never seen in a Pistons uniform, HE'S WORSE THAN CHUCKY "F'n" ATKINS!!!!!!!!!! Putting him and Sheed in a Pick and Roll is damn near like sending an 85% FT shooter to the line for two. AI is not the future of this team, he's not the, "FRANCHISE". Our future rests in Stuckey and a big FA in 2010, not AI. AI needs to settle into a VJ type role and love it of F'n leave it. But 2 games in a row have been lost because we fail to get stops, and he's a big reason for that!!!! I felt like we could've won this Knick game if Curry would've benched AI in the 4th.
  17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If we want to win a championship he needs to start and learn his new role. If he comes off the bench than he will need 30-40 mpg still. We wont go far if the player we traded for barely plays.
  18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I like that a lot, but I hope Rip would support the decision if it happens. That's the only way it would work. He, like anyone else, sucks when he is moaning/whining.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

If Rip whined about it, we would just play Stuckey and Afflalo that much more. Its a win or win situation.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Fresh tack here. Nobody ever claimed the starters came out flat in the seven games Amir started.

Indeed, we never lost a game due to losing the combined 1st and 3rd quarters while Amir sarted those 7 games. (We only lost the two, and in the worst of those two, in the Boston game, we tied Boston in the combined 1st and 3rd quarters. We won the combined 1st and 3rd quarters of the NJ game.)

So anyway, if its so important to start out with energy, why did he ever make the change to Kwame?